Posted July 23 2014 - 05:12 AM

What in the actual heck?

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 13,889 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted July 23 2014 - 03:28 PM

An engineering demo hoping for improbable success. And since you have to replace weekly, hoping doubly improbable sell-the-razor blades success.

Ignoring the usage (fingerprint scanner makes more sense) aa it's ugly. It looks like bandaid over diseased scar. Chicken pox gone horrible.
  • Sam Posten likes this

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,420 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 03:41 PM

An engineering demo hoping for improbable success. And since you have to replace weekly, hoping doubly improbable sell-the-razor blades success.

Ignoring the usage (fingerprint scanner makes more sense) aa it's ugly. It looks like bandaid over diseased scar. Chicken pox gone horrible.

Because it TAKES TOO LONG to log in!   :o

Eh, they're just jealous of all those sci-fi movies where future-dystopia characters have barcodes on their arm...Instead of someone asking whether a penny got stuck to it.

(If they show us an ad where North American white people are genuinely concerned about all the "hassle" logging into their cellphones, I'll take it more seriously.)

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,435 posts

Posted July 29 2014 - 12:15 PM

Holy shit, this sounds like TOTAL ASS:

http://www.theverge....c-tattoo-review

"For $9.99, you can get a pack of 10 Digital Tattoos, each expected to last about five days."

"It’s a good thing that 10 tattoos came in a pack; thanks to the humid July weather and the fact that I shower daily, I burned through three of them within a week."

"That’s not to mention that you need to set the whole thing up again every time you replace the tattoo on your body."

I cannot stress how stupid, wasteful, and STUPID this entire enterprise is. Just disgracefully stupid. You're better off spending your money helping a former Nigerian prince recover his fortune.

• DaveF likes this

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 13,889 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted July 29 2014 - 03:59 PM

"Because passcodes and fingerprints are too much trouble, we at Motorola recommend that users re-pair their device every three days to an external dingus, for the life of their phone."

"Knowing the Android App Store is fueled by free apps, because customers dislike spending a $1 for a quality experience, we at Motorola recommend users spend $100 for a two-year supply of phone unlockers."

It's this quality thinking that makes Motorola today's renowned consumer electronics company. No wonder Google bought them.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,654 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted July 29 2014 - 07:11 PM

I don't know which to be more impressed with, that Hanson agrees with me or that he quoted The Verge =p

:cheers:  :dancing-banana-04:  :banana:  :rock:  :rolling-smiley:

• DaveF likes this

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users