What's new

Need Help Designing Basement Theater Room And Wiring New Home (1 Viewer)

StreamMist

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
I am very exciting to say I will be purchasing my first single family home!! :)However, I am having trouble deciding if I should design my theater room in a planned bedroom or have it out in the open in the basement. I read that enclosed spaces are better because they don't have much ambient light. I have attached an outline of how the basement will be designed.Also, I am meeting with the builder's contractor for wiring soon and want to know what I plan to do is smart.I want to put three data ports (I'm a techie), and one TV outlet in each room. I have five rooms total counting the one in the basement. If I use the room in the basement for the theater I want them to install an electric outlet in the ceiling because I want a projector hanging from the ceiling.The room in the basement in approximately 300 sq ft. What would be a good size screen for viewing distance if I only have three to six seats? The basement will have recessed lighting if that helps.Thank you for your answers and recommendations! :)

Attachments

• Basement.jpg
    Basement.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 84

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Run COAX and CAT5 to every room you can. It's cheap.

Install the biggest screen you can fit into the room.

And yes, enclosed spaces are best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks