What's new

Remote Control for VLC, Mouse and Volume (1 Viewer)

universal.dave

Auditioning
Real Name
David Norton
Greetings, I am currently in the process of setting up a new HTPC and need a remote control. Can somebody recommend a good universal remote control that I can control VLC media player, mouse and volume with? Or would a wireless keyboard be a good solution for this?

troymachine

Auditioning
Real Name
Troy
Hi, if you have an Android phone or tablet you can use the Vectir PC Remote Control server. You also need to install the Vectir Remote Control app on your phone or tablet. I replaced my wireless keyboard with Vectir a year ago and never looked back. It includes specific remotes for VLC, mouse, keyboard and many other features. You can also build custom remotes for your HTPC. Hope this helps!

universal.dave

Auditioning
Real Name
David Norton
Wow thanks for the fast response! And great suggestion! I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone and Asus tablet - both Android devices so will be giving Vectir remote control a try right now. I will report back...

universal.dave

Auditioning
Real Name
David Norton
Vectir remote control is perfect! Thank you so much for the suggestion :). I've just been playing around with it for the last half hour and so far it has performed very well and does everthing that I need. The VLC remote is very impressive with loads of options. The mouse and volume controls are very quick and responsive. Looks like I might get my HTPC setup by the end of the day now that my asus Android tablet doubles as a remote control :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks