What's new

Need your help choosing a receiver (1 Viewer)

ritchie

Auditioning
Real Name
ritchie
Hello...I have 2 Bic America FH-6T towers(8 ohm 400w each; 175w max RMS each), 1 Andrew Jones Pioneer SP-C22 center(6 ohm 90w), 2 Andrew Jones Pioneer FS52 towers(6 ohm 130w each), 1 Bic America powered F12 subwoofer(8 ohm 475w peak power/150w RMS). I would like to know if there's a way to play all speakers simultaneously? If so which receiver would accommodate this best? Or maybe even present me with some numbers or specs on choosing the correct receiver. Not for sure just yet but if it came down to it I would consider eliminating the Pioneer towers from the setup. Thanx for your help.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Any decent receiver will power this system. I'm going to assume you are concerned about matching the specs given for the speakers - so first off, ignore the watt spec, it's almost meaningless. The ohm spec is important but only when the speaker drops to 4 ohms or below. When that happens you have to get an amp that is rated for 4 ohms. So circling back around, anything from Pioneer, Onkyo, Harman/Kardon Yamaha, Marantz, or Denon is a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks