Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Interview With The Vampire 20th Anniversary (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,528 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 09:41 PM

//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=ss_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=ronspressrelease-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B00LXPR0EA&asins=B00LXPR0EA&linkId=RM647TU5IJKSVOOA&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true</div> <div>

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 24 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,635 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:52 AM

POPULAR

I rather have the 60th anniversary of Them on BD.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#3 of 24 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,377 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 04:33 AM

YES!

#4 of 24 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,509 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted July 19 2014 - 04:56 AM

Oh yeah. Throw in Tarantula and It Came From Outer Space (in 3D) too. I'm not asking for too much am I?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#5 of 24 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 2,024 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted July 19 2014 - 04:58 AM

+1 for Them!

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#6 of 24 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 19 2014 - 05:15 AM

+2 and my cat agrees with me so that's +3 for Them!

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 of 24 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,509 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted July 19 2014 - 10:37 AM

POPULAR

+2 and my cat agrees with me so that's +3 for Them!

I think if the studios understood how difficult it is to satisfy a cat, they'd put out more movies that we, who are possessed by our cats, want. :)
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#8 of 24 OFFLINE   Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 10:58 AM

POPULAR

I think if the studios understood how difficult it is to satisfy a cat, they'd put out more movies that we, who are possessed by our cats, want. :)

My two felines are anxious for A Streetcat Named Desire, Cleocatra,  Caturday Night Fever and Catatouille to show up on blu.

#9 of 24 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 19 2014 - 11:02 AM

My two felines are anxious for A Streetcat Named Desire, Cleocatra,  Caturday Night Fever and Catatouille to show up on blu.

Just don't put the 3D glasses on them for Catatouille, we don't want them trying to jump into the screen. 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#10 of 24 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 899 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 12:59 PM

My three cats want DOCTOR DOLITTLE Interview ordered. Great flick..

#11 of 24 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,837 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:03 PM

I'm curious if there are any new features for this edition, or if it's simply a repress of the existing one.  If memory serves, the original was one of the early BDs without lossless audio.

#12 of 24 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,635 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:07 PM

I'm curious if there are any new features for this edition, or if it's simply a repress of the existing one.  If memory serves, the original was one of the early BDs without lossless audio.

You have to be careful with Warner as they are notorious for re-releasing titles with the same video presentation.  Hopefully, they did upgrade the audio track.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#13 of 24 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,837 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:12 PM

You have to be careful with Warner as they are notorious for re-releasing titles with the same video presentation.  Hopefully, they did upgrade the audio track.

Yeah -- looking forward to seeing a press release on this with some more details.  I haven't bought the previous Blu, and my DVD copy seems to have mysteriously vanished, so I may very well end up picking this up.

#14 of 24 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:16 PM

I thought this was a brand new 4K film scan. ?

#15 of 24 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,837 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:18 PM

I thought this was a brand new 4K film scan. ?

I hadn't heard anything one way or the other about that, but I'd totally be down for that.  It's not the prettiest looking movie ever made, but I think the filmmakers did a great job in creating a sense of atmosphere and stately gloom.

#16 of 24 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:22 PM

I hadn't heard anything one way or the other about that, but I'd totally be down for that.  It's not the prettiest looking movie ever made, but I think the filmmakers did a great job in creating a sense of atmosphere and stately gloom.

If it's not a new 4K scan then at the very least i sure hope they go lossless for the audio AND up the bitrate, maybe give us 96khz upsampling like they did with The Right Stuff, i know there is going to be some new additional extra content.

#17 of 24 OFFLINE   andySu

andySu

Screenwriter

• 2,166 posts

Posted July 20 2014 - 01:05 AM

If it's not a new 4K scan then at the very least i sure hope they go lossless for the audio AND up the bitrate, maybe give us 96khz upsampling like they did with The Right Stuff, i know there is going to be some new additional extra content.

Dolby TrueHD with some extra 96KHz bite.  :P

#18 of 24 OFFLINE   McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Second Unit

• 272 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted July 20 2014 - 07:04 AM

Warner's press sheet reveals a new extra (Lestat, Louis and the Vampire Phenomenon: an interview with Anne Rice) and DTS-HD MA audio.

Unfortunately, the proposed cover art is very poor.

One can only hope there is a re-think, or an international variant that doesn't use this artwork. 

Attached Thumbnails

• interviewwiththevampire.jpg

#19 of 24 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,267 posts

Posted July 20 2014 - 12:51 PM

"Lestat, Louis and the Vampire Phenomenon: an interview with Anne Rice"This could actually be interesting, since Rice originally didn't like the idea that Cruice was chosen for the leading role.I have great memories of this film. Saw it on the big screen during the winter time when I was a lonely student in a miserable small city. Even the movie theatre was cold and old.

#20 of 24 OFFLINE   McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Second Unit

• 272 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted July 20 2014 - 01:11 PM

"Lestat, Louis and the Vampire Phenomenon: an interview with Anne Rice"This could actually be interesting, since Rice originally didn't like the idea that Cruice was chosen for the leading role.

She's already in the DVD extras talking about that, though, and if I recall, she warmed to it instantly when she actually saw him in character.

Hopefully, it's not some fluff piece WB have included to sell more discs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow