Warner

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,595 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 09:41 PM

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 24 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,512 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:52 AM

POPULAR

I rather have the 60th anniversary of Them on BD.

• Johnny Angell, dana martin, JohnMor and 3 others like this

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#3 of 24 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,092 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 04:33 AM

YES!

#4 of 24 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,176 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted July 19 2014 - 04:56 AM

Oh yeah. Throw in Tarantula and It Came From Outer Space (in 3D) too. I'm not asking for too much am I?
  • FoxyMulder likes this
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#5 of 24 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,867 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted July 19 2014 - 04:58 AM

+1 for Them!

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#6 of 24 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,811 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 19 2014 - 05:15 AM

+2 and my cat agrees with me so that's +3 for Them!

• Johnny Angell and andySu like this

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 of 24 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,176 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted July 19 2014 - 10:37 AM

POPULAR

+2 and my cat agrees with me so that's +3 for Them!

I think if the studios understood how difficult it is to satisfy a cat, they'd put out more movies that we, who are possessed by our cats, want. :)
  • Mark Walker, Thomas T and FoxyMulder like this
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#8 of 24 Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,211 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 10:58 AM

POPULAR

I think if the studios understood how difficult it is to satisfy a cat, they'd put out more movies that we, who are possessed by our cats, want. :)

My two felines are anxious for A Streetcat Named Desire, Cleocatra,  Caturday Night Fever and Catatouille to show up on blu.

• Johnny Angell, ahollis and FoxyMulder like this

#9 of 24 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,811 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 19 2014 - 11:02 AM

My two felines are anxious for A Streetcat Named Desire, Cleocatra,  Caturday Night Fever and Catatouille to show up on blu.

Just don't put the 3D glasses on them for Catatouille, we don't want them trying to jump into the screen. 

• Thomas T likes this

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#10 of 24 trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 701 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 12:59 PM

My three cats want DOCTOR DOLITTLE   Interview ordered. Great flick..

#11 of 24 Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,481 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:03 PM

I'm curious if there are any new features for this edition, or if it's simply a repress of the existing one.  If memory serves, the original was one of the early BDs without lossless audio.

#12 of 24 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,512 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:07 PM

I'm curious if there are any new features for this edition, or if it's simply a repress of the existing one.  If memory serves, the original was one of the early BDs without lossless audio.

You have to be careful with Warner as they are notorious for re-releasing titles with the same video presentation.  Hopefully, they did upgrade the audio track.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#13 of 24 Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,481 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:12 PM

You have to be careful with Warner as they are notorious for re-releasing titles with the same video presentation.  Hopefully, they did upgrade the audio track.

Yeah -- looking forward to seeing a press release on this with some more details.  I haven't bought the previous Blu, and my DVD copy seems to have mysteriously vanished, so I may very well end up picking this up.

#14 of 24 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,811 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:16 PM

I thought this was a brand new 4K film scan. ?

#15 of 24 Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,481 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:18 PM

I thought this was a brand new 4K film scan. ?

I hadn't heard anything one way or the other about that, but I'd totally be down for that.  It's not the prettiest looking movie ever made, but I think the filmmakers did a great job in creating a sense of atmosphere and stately gloom.

#16 of 24 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,811 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:22 PM

I hadn't heard anything one way or the other about that, but I'd totally be down for that.  It's not the prettiest looking movie ever made, but I think the filmmakers did a great job in creating a sense of atmosphere and stately gloom.

If it's not a new 4K scan then at the very least i sure hope they go lossless for the audio AND up the bitrate, maybe give us 96khz upsampling like they did with The Right Stuff, i know there is going to be some new additional extra content.

• Josh Steinberg and andySu like this

#17 of 24 andySu

andySu

Screenwriter

• 1,464 posts

Posted July 20 2014 - 01:05 AM

If it's not a new 4K scan then at the very least i sure hope they go lossless for the audio AND up the bitrate, maybe give us 96khz upsampling like they did with The Right Stuff, i know there is going to be some new additional extra content.

Dolby TrueHD with some extra 96KHz bite.  :P

#18 of 24 McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted July 20 2014 - 07:04 AM

Warner's press sheet reveals a new extra (Lestat, Louis and the Vampire Phenomenon: an interview with Anne Rice) and DTS-HD MA audio.

Unfortunately, the proposed cover art is very poor.

One can only hope there is a re-think, or an international variant that doesn't use this artwork. 

Attached Thumbnails

• interviewwiththevampire.jpg

#19 of 24 Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,213 posts

Posted July 20 2014 - 12:51 PM

"Lestat, Louis and the Vampire Phenomenon: an interview with Anne Rice"

This could actually be interesting, since Rice originally didn't like the idea that Cruice was chosen for the leading role.

I have great memories of this film. Saw it on the big screen during the winter time when I was a lonely student in a miserable small city. Even the movie theatre was cold and old.

#20 of 24 McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted July 20 2014 - 01:11 PM

"Lestat, Louis and the Vampire Phenomenon: an interview with Anne Rice"

This could actually be interesting, since Rice originally didn't like the idea that Cruice was chosen for the leading role.

She's already in the DVD extras talking about that, though, and if I recall, she warmed to it instantly when she actually saw him in character.

Hopefully, it's not some fluff piece WB have included to sell more discs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users