Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

THOSE WARNER'S FILMS THAT WE WANT TO SEE ON BLURAY

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 of 25 OFFLINE   cinerama10

cinerama10

Second Unit

• 349 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 05:28 PM

If 20th Century Fox   manage to become the new  owners of Warner Bros then perhaps we may finally   get to see  all those  Warner's owned  titles   that we are desperate to see  released - incl  THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHER'S GRIMM Rupert Murdock has made an offer to  take over Time- Warner, so here's hoping.

#2 of 25 OFFLINE   Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 06:57 PM

POPULAR

If Fox hasn't released its own "wanted" titles to blu like The AbyssTrue LiesBeneath The 12 Mile Reef, The Young Lions, M.A.S.H., Star!, The Mark Of Zorro, Bedazzled, Laura, State Fair, Doctor Dolittle, Boy On A Dolphin to name a handful, what makes you think it would be eager to release Wonderful World Of The Brothers Grimm? 

Warners is doing just fine thank you! Fox, stay away and concentrate on your own backyard!

• Randy Korstick, Eric Vedowski, Conrad_SSS and 3 others like this

#3 of 25 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 778 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 07:24 PM

POPULAR

Well since you asked---THE GREAT RACE----RYANS DAUGHTER----LOCAL HERO----FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD---PENNIES FROM HEAVEN---GOODBYE MR CHIPS---MICHAEL COLLINS---PACIFIC HEIGHTS---THE GOODBYE GIRL---HEAVEN AND EARTH---ALICE DOENT LIVE HERE ANYMORE----WRESTLING ERNEST HEMINGWAY. ---SHOOT THE MOON

• Ken Koc, ahollis and Twilight Time like this

#4 of 25 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,787 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted July 18 2014 - 09:23 PM

POPULAR

If 20th Century Fox manage to become the new owners of Warner Bros then perhaps we may finally get to see all those Warner's owned titles that we are desperate to see released - incl THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHER'S GRIMM Rupert Murdock has made an offer to take over Time- Warner, so here's hoping.

Sorry but are you kidding. Just the way Fox handles their Fox Cinema Classics leads me to believe that it would be the worse merger in history for us classic film lovers. Just because Warner's has not given us our favorite films on Blu does not mean Fox will. For every Warner's title I want on Blu, there are two or more Fox titles I want also.
  • OliverK, Randy Korstick, Eric Vedowski and 2 others like this
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#5 of 25 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,834 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 18 2014 - 10:00 PM

Things are slowly getting better with Warners - at least I have to keep telling myself that.  If somebody had said that, in the space of a few weeks, Warners would release "Hit the Deck" and "Kismet" on Blu-ray I'd never have believed them.  

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#6 of 25 OFFLINE   Will Krupp

Will Krupp

Screenwriter

• 1,094 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 01:30 AM

POPULAR

THE BAND WAGON

THE BAND WAGON

THE BAND WAGON

• Eric Vedowski, Rob_Ray, Matt Hough and 3 others like this

#7 of 25 OFFLINE   Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby

Supporting Actor

• 911 posts
  • LocationKent "The Garden of England", UK

Posted July 19 2014 - 03:10 AM

Musicals : High Society, Three Little Words

Goldwyn: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, The Princess & the Pirate

Film Noir: The Narrow Margin, Armored Car Robbery

VistaVision: The Court Jester, Artists & Models

Others: Slightly Scarlet, Around the World in 80 Days, The Three Musketeers

These are from my 'wish list for 2014', obviously there are very many more.

• Will Krupp likes this

#8 of 25 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,204 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 04:32 AM

Sorry but are you kidding. Just the way Fox handles their Fox Cinema Classics leads me to believe that it would be the worse merger in history for us classic film lovers. Just because Warner's has not given us our favorite films on Blu does not mean Fox will. For every Warner's title I want on Blu, there are two or more Fox titles I want also.

Do you really want Murdock to swoop in and devour yet another huge media giant?

#9 of 25 OFFLINE   Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell

Screenwriter

• 1,215 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 06:17 AM

POPULAR

I'm surprised we still haven't seen Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958) or Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966). I would think those would do quite well...

• Mark Walker, Will Krupp, Ken Koc and 1 other like this

#10 of 25 OFFLINE   David_B_K

David_B_K

Advanced Member

• 1,541 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 06:19 AM

More Errol Flynn.

#11 of 25 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,787 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted July 19 2014 - 06:19 AM

Do you really want Murdock to swoop in and devour yet another huge media giant?

Of course not. I'm totally against it.
  • AnthonyClarke likes this
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#12 of 25 OFFLINE   greg.shoemaker

greg.shoemaker

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 09:05 AM

I really would like to see both MR. ROBERTS (2.55:1) and SPIRIT OF ST. LOUIS (2.35:1; and a wonderful Franz Waxman score) get a blu-ray release. [As an aside, I would also like to see a BD of INHERIT THE WIND, which I believe is owned by Universal.]

#13 of 25 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,230 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted July 19 2014 - 09:07 AM

I really would like to see both MR. ROBERTS (2.55:1) and SPIRIT OF ST. LOUIS (2.35:1; and a wonderful Franz Waxman score) get a blu-ray release. [As an aside, I would also like to see a BD of INHERIT THE WIND, which I believe is owned by Universal.]

MGM-UA owns "Inherit The Wind", which means it would more likely come out through Twilight Time Entertainment or Kino-Lorber...

#14 of 25 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,847 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 19 2014 - 09:14 AM

MGM-UA owns "Inherit The Wind", which means it would more likely come out through Twilight Time Entertainment or Kino-Lorber...

Yes and I think it's coming if not in 2014, definitely in 2015.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#15 of 25 OFFLINE   donidarko

donidarko

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 09:20 AM

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Pennies from Heaven
Demon Seed
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Klute
Shoot the Moon
The Accidental Tourist
Private Benjamin
The Sunshine Boys
Wolfen

#16 of 25 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,299 posts

Posted July 20 2014 - 08:13 AM

Brothers Grimm and The Fearless Vampire Killers foremost, but judging by the way they sometimes treat their classics at Warner (basically the dreaded colorization crap all over again) can't say I'm looking forward to either of them. 

#17 of 25 OFFLINE   AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Supporting Actor

• 997 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted July 20 2014 - 06:13 PM

Here's hoping Warners can keep the Fox away from its doors.

Fox certainly wouldn't lavish the sort of care Warners has been famous for.

I'm still eager for Fred and Ginger, the Show Boats, The Band Wagon, Three Little Words, and Errol Flynn's Sea Hawk and Captain Blood and many many more .... and The Boy Friend in Blu ray to replace the Archive DVD.

• Randy Korstick and ahollis like this

#18 of 25 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,442 posts

Posted July 21 2014 - 06:47 AM

And their going to sell exactly how many copies of each on Blu-Ray. Those were medium sellers at best on DVD when the market was good. Catalog titles would be at the bottom of the priority list is Fox took over. Look at how bad their archive program is. I would much rather see Warner take over Fox but neither one is going to happen.

Well since you asked---THE GREAT RACE----RYANS DAUGHTER----LOCAL HERO----FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD---PENNIES FROM HEAVEN---GOODBYE MR CHIPS---MICHAEL COLLINS---PACIFIC HEIGHTS---THE GOODBYE GIRL---HEAVEN AND EARTH---ALICE DOENT LIVE HERE ANYMORE----WRESTLING ERNEST HEMINGWAY. ---SHOOT THE MOON

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#19 of 25 OFFLINE   atfree

atfree

Screenwriter

• 1,036 posts
  • LocationBoiling Springs, South Carolina

Posted July 21 2014 - 10:45 AM

In case you haven't seen it yet, check out RAH's post of earlier today re: Warner's future BD plans. Great news!

http://www.hometheat...y/#entry4117278

Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.  Roger Thornhill (Cary Grant), Hitchcock's North By Northwest (1959)

My Blu-Ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...on.php?u=153595

My modest setup: TV- Panny TC-P46ST30; HT- Panny SC-BTT370 Blu-ray Home Theater System; Satellite: Directv HR24 HD-DVR; Gaming: Sony PS3

#20 of 25 OFFLINE   Edward Weinman

Edward Weinman

Stunt Coordinator

• 167 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 03:41 PM

THE BAND WAGON

THE BAND WAGON

THE BAND WAGON

...this has got to happen!...the studio's music department at it's highest level, the orchestrations, that legendary MGM Studio Orchestra, and, oh yes, Astaire and Charisse!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users