Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

CBS Press Release: Gunsmoke: The Tenth Season Volume One and Volume Two

Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 of 23 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,979 posts

Posted July 17 2014 - 10:02 PM

image.png image2.png

Gunsmoke: The Tenth Season, Volume One and Volume Two take aim onto DVD August 12. James Arness returns in his legendary role as Matt Dillon, the U.S. Marshal in charge of Dodge City, the wildest town in the West. This adventurous installment has Marshal Dillon up against deceptive carnies, a stagecoach hijacking, and a would-be bank robber putting a baby in the line of fire. It’s up to Dillon and company to find the truth and restore order to a town where anything can happen. A collection of amazing guest stars including Katharine Ross, Kurt Russell and Dennis Hopper are a special highlight to this season of the fan-favorite classic series. Each volume includes 18 digitally remastered episodes from the tenth season.

DVD Basics:

• Street Date: August 12, 2014
  • Price: $49.99 each
  • Rating: Not Rated
  • Runtime: 923 minutes (Volume One) and 929 minutes (Volume Two)
  •  

[font=" 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"]Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.[/font]

[font=" 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"][/font][font=" 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"][/font]

Ronald J Epstein
    Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 23 OFFLINE   benbess

benbess

Screenwriter

• 1,940 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 05:13 AM

An MSRP of $100 for the season is a bit steep imho. And I still think this "volume" arrangement is not just greedy but close to crazy. Since the show ran 20 years there are going to be close to 40 "volumes." On the other hand, it's a good show and CBS does a good job with the remastering. But waiting for a sale seems understandable for most.

#3 of 23 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,773 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 05:48 AM

Not paying $40 per volume waiting for a sale

#4 of 23 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 680 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 10:26 AM

Once again, I will be heading to my local Sam's Club. If there isn't some kind of decent price break there, I'll will monitor Amazon. At some point, this will be reasonably priced.

#5 of 23 OFFLINE   JMas

JMas

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 01:01 PM

I pre-ordered from Amazon when Season 10 was first announced for $34.99 per volume.

#6 of 23 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,662 posts
    • LocationCamas, WA

Posted July 18 2014 - 03:05 PM

Wow. I never would have believed we would make it halfway through! Only one season of Black and White left to go.

#7 of 23 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 911 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 07:24 AM

Is anybody finding these release in WalMart (brick and mortar) stores?

#8 of 23 OFFLINE   Dean Kloss

Dean Kloss

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 03:04 PM

I saw one volume (can't remember which one) at Walmart for $19.99.  Can't figure out why they only got one volume but Sams Club also got just the one volume in as well.

#9 of 23 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 680 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 05:39 PM

I picked up Gunsmoke The Tenth Season Volume 1 today for $19.99 at my local Sam's Club. When I didn't see Volume 2, I asked one of the store clerks about it. She said that they don't always get both volumes in at the same time, and if it wasn't out on display, they didn't have it in stock. She looked through the display with me and they did not have it. I'll have to check back soon, maybe over the weekend.

I also noticed that the display area for DVDs/Blu-rays is smaller than what was there previously.

#10 of 23 OFFLINE   phenri

phenri

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 11:37 AM

I picked up Gunsmoke The Tenth Season Volume 1 today for $19.99 at my local Sam's Club. When I didn't see Volume 2, I asked one of the store clerks about it. She said that they don't always get both volumes in at the same time, and if it wasn't out on display, they didn't have it in stock. She looked through the display with me and they did not have it. I'll have to check back soon, maybe over the weekend.I also noticed that the display area for DVDs/Blu-rays is smaller than what was there previously.I ran across the same situation. My local Walmart only has season 1 for $19.99. This is the first time it hasn't stocked both volumes of a new season.

#11 of 23 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 680 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 12:00 PM

Yeah - I don't remember ever going to my Sam's Club and finding only one volume out of two that were released. I know the clerk told me they sometimes only have one volume, and maybe that happened with some of the series they have stocked in the past, I just don't know. But I know with Gunsmoke and Rawhide, in the past, they have always had both volumes of a two volume release. I haven't heard anything about a hold up for the second volume, but that would be the volume in which the episodes that ran on Encore Westerns was missing one show and had mislabeled titles for two others.

#12 of 23 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 911 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 02:54 PM

Thanks for the replies.  I live in a pretty dense urban area, several Walmart's nearby, so I'll try to find at least the first volume this weekend.  If I do not see the second volume, I'll know the reason.

#13 of 23 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 680 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 07:59 AM

I checked out my Sam's Club again yesterday (Friday 08 15 14), still no Gunsmoke The Tenth Season Volume Two. There were a total of 5 sets of Volume One when I was in there on Wednesday. I bought one and I see they were down to three sets remaining yesterday.

Amazon has the Volume 2 set up for purchase, so Sam's either has a very late or delayed delivery or simply didn't order Volume 2. With Amazon wanting 42+ for Volume Two, I'm going to wait at least a few weeks to see if Sam's gets that set in.

#14 of 23 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 911 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:27 AM

B&N had Vols. 1 & 2.  I had earlier picked up Vol. 1 at Walmart, like the others here.  I picked up Vol. 2 at B&N - more expensive than Walmart (by far), but a little easier to swallow with my membership discount (10%) and a coupon (20% more).

#15 of 23 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 680 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 05:12 PM

B&N had Vols. 1 & 2.  I had earlier picked up Vol. 1 at Walmart, like the others here.  I picked up Vol. 2 at B&N - more expensive than Walmart (by far), but a little easier to swallow with my membership discount (10%) and a coupon (20% more).

I am assuming you went to the actual B&N store, not online?

I checked Sam's Club again yesterday (Sunday 08 17 14) and it's still not there.

#16 of 23 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 911 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 06:17 AM

^ Yes, a brick-and-mortar store.

#17 of 23 OFFLINE   smithbrad

smithbrad

Supporting Actor

• 812 posts

Posted August 28 2014 - 05:56 AM

POPULAR

For those still interested that either haven't picked up volume 2 or don't have access to a Sam's Club or Walmart, Barnes and Noble now has both on sale for $24.99. Free shipping is available if you purchase at least $25. Also, if you haven't used them yet, there are two coupons available that can be used once on separate orders for 20% (J3R9V3X) and 15% (B7V8P9C) off the highest priced item in the cart to help offset taxes and shipping.

Coupons expire 9/1.

#18 of 23 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,641 posts

Posted August 28 2014 - 06:07 AM

Thanks for that info, Brad!

Gary " :thumbs-up-smiley: " O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                                 ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#19 of 23 OFFLINE   smithbrad

smithbrad

Supporting Actor

• 812 posts

Posted August 28 2014 - 06:19 AM

Thanks for that info, Brad!

Gary " :thumbs-up-smiley: " O.

Not the right thread, but "Highway to Heaven" season 5 is preorder priced for $8.15. FYI, the coupons don't work on preorders.

#20 of 23 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 680 posts

Posted August 28 2014 - 12:09 PM

Thanks, Brad. With the coupon, I ended up with the same price on Gunsmoke that I would have gotten from Sam's Club. And I didn't want to pass up the price on the HTH S5, so a nice deal all around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users