-

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder

Warner

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#401 of 410 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,612 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted October 20 2014 - 09:04 AM

^Hmmm... the 3 disk "extras" they are offering look to be a official release of some type.  I wonder if that will be available at a later date?  Although, for the extra *very* very few $$ for that and the other "bonus" stuff it looks to be a pretty good purchase.

#402 of 410 OFFLINE   Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 659 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 09:17 AM

^Hmmm... the 3 disk "extras" they are offering look to be a official release of some type.  I wonder if that will be available at a later date?  Although, for the extra *very* very few $$ for that and the other "bonus" stuff it looks to be a pretty good purchase.

Yes, it's the same Batman movie release that FOX currently has available now.  The ADAM WEST NAKED DVD is available for purchase from Adam West's website for $30 (unsigned) or $50 signed. It is a 2 disc set.  Al discs are official releases.  The main differences are:

1.  On DVD you get Season 1 and half of Season 2 with the extras (script, letter, etc.), Batman movie on DVD and AW Naked.

2.  Complete Series DVD release with the extras, bonus disc of extras, Batman movie and AW NAKED.

3.  Complete series on Bluray with the extras, bonus disc of extras, Batman movie on DVD and AW NAKED.

4.  No Batmobile or trading cards in any of the sets

5.  You can make payments on the set or you can pay in one payment.

I'll keep my order with Amazon.com the way it is.  I already own the Batman movie so the only thing I'd be missing out on is ADAM WEST NAKED.

#403 of 410 OFFLINE   mrz7

mrz7

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 10:30 AM

Just so you all know....I took a look at the new configuration.....it's not for the complete series.....it's only for the 1st season and (part 1) of the 2nd season! Apparently Warner is going be splitting Season 2 in 2 volumes (on future individual DVD Releases)....which the 2nd part of Season 2 and All of Season 3 are NOT included in this new configuration. I am sticking to my preorder on Amazon (for the COMPLETE SERIES!) Plus, I too, have the "Batman Movie" already.

#404 of 410 OFFLINE   Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 659 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 10:38 AM

There is an option when you go to "Place Your Order" to get the complete series for both DVD and Bluray.

#405 of 410 OFFLINE   mrz7

mrz7

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 10:43 AM

There is an option when you go to "Place Your Order" to get the complete series for both DVD and Bluray.

Thanks Greg...I didn't see that part......is for the same price though? I would imagine it's not.
  • Greg Chenoweth likes this

#406 of 410 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,612 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted October 20 2014 - 11:49 AM

The full series on DVD is ~$150 which is only ~$15 more than the current, and best so far, Amazon price.  The "Full series" BR set is $5 lower than the current Amazon price but has different premium/bonus items (the same ones with that DVD set).  Frankly, for the BR I like the batmanondvd.com set bonus items better.

That "Bonus" 3 DVD set with the movie and AWN looks to be a new release as they are packaged together.

• Greg Chenoweth likes this

#407 of 410 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,146 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted October 20 2014 - 12:53 PM

The Batmanondvd.com set is more like what I was expecting, instead of the box 'o junk.

When the time comes, I'll probably order the BDs from there.

#408 of 410 OFFLINE   classictvfan40

classictvfan40

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 05:31 PM

Yes, it's the same Batman movie release that FOX currently has available now.  The ADAM WEST NAKED DVD is available for purchase from Adam West's website for $30 (unsigned) or $50 signed. It is a 2 disc set.  Al discs are official releases.  The main differences are:

1.  On DVD you get Season 1 and half of Season 2 with the extras (script, letter, etc.), Batman movie on DVD and AW Naked.

2.  Complete Series DVD release with the extras, bonus disc of extras, Batman movie and AW NAKED.

3.  Complete series on Bluray with the extras, bonus disc of extras, Batman movie on DVD and AW NAKED.

4.  No Batmobile or trading cards in any of the sets

5.  You can make payments on the set or you can pay in one payment.

I'll keep my order with Amazon.com the way it is.  I already own the Batman movie so the only thing I'd be missing out on is ADAM WEST NAKED.

So there are two different releases?? Why isn't the movie not included in the Amazon version one? And why 2 different sets? Also the batmanondvd version is also available on Blu Ray or only regular DVD? 

#409 of 410 OFFLINE   AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,946 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted October 21 2014 - 09:18 AM

So there are two different releases?? Why isn't the movie not included in the Amazon version one? And why 2 different sets? Also the batmanondvd version is also available on Blu Ray or only regular DVD? 

You have to click "order now" to see the complete set options (including Blu-ray).

Judging by the picture, the internal packaging is no better than the version on Amazon. I'll probably wait to see if the series eventually comes out in three (or four) amaray-sstyle blu-ray cases instead.

I'm patient enough to wait.

#410 of 410 OFFLINE   Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 659 posts

Posted October 21 2014 - 09:25 AM

I don't really care about the extras in any of the box sets.  I just want the complete series on home video and I choose Bluray.  All the rest of it is superfluous.  I also want it on release day.

• moviebuff75 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users