-

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder

Warner

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#241 of 323 Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 640 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 12:39 PM

I was not aware of that.  That's great!  I learned something new today.  Thanks.

That problem went away with the switch over to HD.

No, as others have mentioned, NTSC and PAL are analog terms. They do not apply in any way to HD formats or TVs. The Blu-ray playback standard, 1080p/24 is the same all over the world. The only thing an American TV is going to have trouble displaying is any content encoded at 50hz, which should not be the case with this set (since it's a sure thing that the discs will be the exact same ones going in the American set).

#242 of 323 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted July 31 2014 - 02:13 AM

Don't I remember an image of your boy (maybe about four or five years old) all decked out in a Batman costume???  (probably in a very old RoundUp?)

:biggrin:

Sorry for being so late to reply to this, Mike...I've had a swamped week.  My boy isn't 5 any more...he's about to start 11th grade next Monday, and I've been splitting time between work and getting him ready for back-to-school!  :D

I am so very glad you're up and around these days, and well enough to remember that pic of my kid in a superhero costume.  But actually it was Superman, not Batman. He wore it for the Halloween that was just a few months before he turned five (back when he still had to wear an eye patch for correcting a vision problem).  The only other time he wore a "heroic" costume was a Red Morphin' Power Ranger.  Most other times he's been a bit more evil...a pirate (eye patch!), Darth Vader, Jason from Friday the 13th, etc.

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#243 of 323 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,287 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 31 2014 - 08:48 AM

Yikes!  Time DOES fly, Dave!  :biggrin:  But, then, so does Superman!

When your son was five, my kids would've been 13 & 17 (or thereabouts).  My oldest--my daughter--is gonna make me a grandpa in October!  The nerve!  :laugh:

Thanks for sharing those pix!

• Jason_V and Ron1973 like this

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#244 of 323 Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,191 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted August 02 2014 - 05:14 PM

Forgive me but I have been on another planet the last ten days or so. Did Comic Con confirm the set is complete and uncut with all the original music, etc.? Thanks.

#245 of 323 Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 640 posts

Posted August 02 2014 - 05:45 PM

Yes they did. DC Comics stated it on Twitter.
  • Carabimero likes this

#246 of 323 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,309 posts

Posted August 03 2014 - 05:22 AM

POPULAR

Could not resist posting this video clip from batman:

• Reed Grele, ScottDombrowski and JohnMor like this

#247 of 323 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,707 posts

Posted August 03 2014 - 05:25 AM

Great clip.  Really gives the true essence of what that show was all about.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#248 of 323 Nebiroth

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor

• 738 posts

Posted August 03 2014 - 10:20 AM

John Astin was Okay as the Riddler, but I think Frank Gorshin was way better. His Riddler was marvellously maniacal yet deadly and he had that fantastic insane laugh. The Jim Carey Riddler was actually one of the very few things I liked in the first cycle of Batman movies.

Gorshij is brilliant as Bele in star Trek's Let That Be Your Last Battlefield

• Tony Bensley likes this

#249 of 323 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,281 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted August 03 2014 - 12:19 PM

One of the great things about this set for me will be revisiting Astin's and Kitt's re-takes on their characters.  Haven't seen them since I was a kid, so I am anxious to evaluate them afresh.

• Will Krupp and ScottDombrowski like this

#250 of 323 John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 754 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted August 03 2014 - 08:45 PM

John Astin was Okay as the Riddler, but I think Frank Gorshin was way better. His Riddler was marvellously maniacal yet deadly and he had that fantastic insane laugh. The Jim Carey Riddler was actually one of the very few things I liked in the first cycle of Batman movies.

Gorshij is brilliant as Bele in star Trek's Let That Be Your Last Battlefield

His Kirk Douglas impersonation ain't bad either.

• Tony Bensley likes this

#251 of 323 David Deeb

David Deeb

Supporting Actor

• 842 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 10:45 AM

Amazon's pre-order price on the BD set dropped around $10 to $179 in case anyone wanted to lock in at this better price.

#252 of 323 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,933 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted August 06 2014 - 02:00 PM

POPULAR

Amazon's pre-order price on the BD set dropped around $10 to $179 in case anyone wanted to lock in at this better price.

If this is anywhere close to someone's ballpark price, they might as well lock it in anyway, since Amazon's price guarantee states that if the price drops any further, they'll honor whatever the lowest price ends up being, so it's no harm to lock in now if your "sweet spot" is a little lower, as you'd be entitled to the lowest price anyway.

Besides, you can always cancel before release if you decide it never dipped low enough.

• Craig S, Jason_V, Greg Chenoweth and 1 other like this

#253 of 323 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,712 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted August 07 2014 - 05:49 AM

That's even $10 lower than the original low price I ordered at AND my invoice has been updated appropriately.  :)

• Greg Chenoweth and Richard V like this

#254 of 323 BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,593 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted August 14 2014 - 10:34 AM

The Amazon listing for the DVD Complete Series set now shows the "32 page Episode Guide" to be a bonus feature.  That leaves the rest of the box-o-junk stuff exclusive to the BR set.

FWIW I was looking at the latest issue of "Previews" (a comic and collectible pre-order guide) at the comic store Wednesday.  It has the 6" Mattel Hot Wheels Batmobile listed for $75.00 retail.  That makes its inclusion in the BR set a very good deal *if* you're in the market for a copy.

I'm still on-the-fence as to which release I want as I fully expect the BR to get another release without the dust collectors but still be at that same price point.  Part of me says "Go with the DVD - it's cheaper - and all you want to do is watch the show with good quality" while another part says "But for only a few $$ more you can get BR and even if you don't want the extra junk in the box it's not that much more expensive."  :unsure:

For 2 weeks in a row, one of the guys at the LCS has told me he's seeing on Amazon that they are guaranteeing the lowest price up to 14 days following the release date.  He follows that with "but BF is a couple of days past that and I think it'll be lower then".  I'm *not* seeing that offer - just the standard "if it's offered at a lower price before the end of the release date you get the lower price."  Has anyone else seen such a offer from Amazon?

#255 of 323 Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 640 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 10:58 AM

For 2 weeks in a row, one of the guys at the LCS has told me he's seeing on Amazon that they are guaranteeing the lowest price up to 14 days following the release date.  He follows that with "but BF is a couple of days past that and I think it'll be lower then".  I'm *not* seeing that offer - just the standard "if it's offered at a lower price before the end of the release date you get the lower price."  Has anyone else seen such a offer from Amazon?

Here's a link:  http://www.amazon.co...odeId=201133130

#256 of 323 BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,593 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted August 14 2014 - 02:34 PM

Right... that's the "standard" pre-release price guarantee which is only good until the end of the day on the release date.  He was talking about one that's good for 2 weeks *after* release date.

#257 of 323 Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 640 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 03:58 PM

Right... that's the "standard" pre-release price guarantee which is only good until the end of the day on the release date.  He was talking about one that's good for 2 weeks *after* release date.

They don't state that in their policy.  It is customers stating how they have received a refund from Amazon.com two weeks after they have received their order.  It is not a "for certain" thing that they will do that on every order or release.

#258 of 323 Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,251 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 08:29 PM

Has  WHV announced full specs on this set yet?  In particular I'm interested in confirming that English subtitles are included.  I can't believe they wouldn't be given the high profile and WHV's track record, but there have been a couple of Amazon reviews that claim it won't be and the product description makes no mention of SDH.

Anyone have access to confirmed info one way or another?

Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#259 of 323 McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted August 20 2014 - 12:19 AM

Specs at WHV Japan are up at this link. The domestic Japanese version of the set, which is out November 12th, should be identical to the USA and other editions. WHV Japan usually have highly accurate specs, but, as a rule, they only detail original language (i.e. English) and Japanese options.

Again, as a rule, Japan gets the same discs from Warner that the USA (and usually, everywhere else) does, but Japanese audio and subtitles are only available when the Disc Menu language is set to Japanese on your Blu-ray player. So those outside Japan almost never see them, and don't know that they are there. On the other hand, when you access this Japanese "version" (it's actually a playlist), you will get Japanese menu screens with only English and Japanese options, and any other Western (and other Asian) dubs and subtitles will not be available.

Unfortunately, I hope that for once, WHV Japan is wrong.

Video: 16x9 Full Frame (1.78:1) Note: 4:3 Material is specified 4:3, like this, or this, out the same month.

Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1 (no lossless) but there will also be a Japanese: Dolby Digital Mono track.

Subtitles: In addition to English SDH, (and the French, German, Italian, Latin Spanish subtitles already specified) there will be Japanese subtitles, as well.

Discs 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 11 all have 264 minutes of content. Disc 3 has 220 minutes. Discs 6 and 9 have 132 minutes, and Disc 12 has 44 minutes.

Disc 13, the bonus disc, has 155 minutes of content.

Discs 6, 9 and 12 are single-layered BD-25s.

Even if I weren't concerned about compression (WHY are there any BD-25s in here, anyway?!), the lack of lossless mono (or at least 5.1, if you must) is unacceptable. Let's not mention the 1.78:1 spec, which should be outright incorrect, based on information we were told before.

In case any of it changes, here is the relevant info I am seeing at WHV Japan, also translated via Google. Remember, only the English and Japanese options are specified:

本編:1080p High Definition MPEG-4 AVC 

スクイーズビスタサイズ / 16x9FF

1.英語(ドルビーデジタル5.1ch)
2.日本語(ドルビーデジタル1.0ch)

1.日本語字幕
2.英語字幕(For The Deaf and Hard of Hearing)
3.吹替用字幕

Main: 1080p High Definition MPEG-4 AVC 
Squeeze vista size / 16x9FF 

1. English (Dolby Digital 5.1ch) 
2. Japanese (Dolby Digital 1.0ch) 

1. Japanese subtitles 
2. English subtitles (For The Deaf and Hard of Hearing) 
3. dub for subtitles [Japanese subtitles for the Japanese dubbing]

本編:DISC1:約264分 DISC2:約264分 DISC3:約220分 DISC4:約264分 DISC5:約264分 DISC6:約132分 DISC7:約264分 DISC8:約264分 DISC9:約132分 DISC10:約264分 DISC11:約264分 DISC12:約44分 映像特典:DISC13:約155分

main: DISC1: about 264 minutes DISC2: about 264 minutes DISC3: about 220 minutes DISC4: about 264 minutes DISC5: about 264 minutes DISC6 : about 132 minutes DISC7: about 264 minutes DISC8: about 264 minutes DISC9: about 132 minutes DISC10: about 264 minutes DISC11: about 264 minutes DISC12: about 44 minutes video benefits: DISC13: about 155 minutes 

DISC1-5:片面2層 

DISC6:片面1層 

DISC7-8:片面2層 

DISC9:片面1層 

DISC10-11:片面2層 

DISC12:片面1層 

DISC13:片面2層

["片面1層" means "single-sided, one layer" (BD-25), while "片面2層" means 

"single-sided, two layers" (BD-50)]

#260 of 323 Nebiroth

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor

• 738 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 08:35 AM

It woul dbe really weird if there were only domestic BluRay sets. In most countries the DVD market is as big, if not bigger, than the BD one. I strongly suspect this is just Amazon reselling the US version - they're Amazon exclusive, at least they are here in the UK.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users