What's new

Holiday Inn (1942) - 10/7 (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
Special Features
[*]Digital Copy of Holiday Inn (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
[*]Includes UltraViolet (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
[*]A Couple of Song and Dance Men
[*]All-Singing All-Dancing
[*]Coloring a Classic
[*]Feature Commentary by Film Historian Ken Barnes Including Archive Audio Comments from Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby, and John Scott Trotter
[*]Theatrical Trailer
[/list]

http://www.amazon.com/Holiday-Inn-Blu-ray-DIGITAL-UltraViolet/dp/B00LUKX5SS/ref=sr_1_69?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1405506748&sr=1-69

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Wow! Super-duper news. This title had originally been slated for Universal's anniversary two years ago, and I was worried when it wash't released. I do wish it had the soundtrack CD though.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Between the Spielberg box, the Eastwood box, and now this, I think Universal has vindicated itself for 2014.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Dick said:
Between the Spielberg box, the Eastwood box, and now this, I think Universal has vindicated itself for 2014.
I wouldn't call it vindication, but a step in the right direction, lots in the vaults that have never seen the light of day in HD, but continue to get rereleased on dvd, reissues and reissues in steelbooks, where are the Marx Brothers, Hawks' Scarface, how about a second Monster set, or Sci-Fi set, once that happens then I will proudly state that they have vindicated themselves

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
dana martin said:
I wouldn't call it vindication, but a step in the right direction, lots in the vaults that have never seen the light of day in HD, but continue to get rereleased on dvd, reissues and reissues in steelbooks, where are the Marx Brothers, Hawks' Scarface, how about a second Monster set, or Sci-Fi set, once that happens then I will proudly state that they have vindicated themselves
But I did say "for 2014." Universal has a lot of titles that need Blu release, but at least they're doing something. What has Warner Bros been doing with their Paramount titles?

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
By the way, something that is not mentioned in the first post:
Both versions are included!
BONUS FEATURES:

[*]Black and white and colorized versions
[*]A Couple of Song and Dance Men: An intimate retrospective of Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire featuring an interview with Ava Astaire-MacKenzie
[*]All Singing - All Dancing: Experience the making of unforgettable song and dance numbers of Holiday Inn
[*]Audio Commentary: Feature length audio commentary by film historian Ken Barnes with archive audio comments by Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire and John Scott Trotter
[*]Coloring a Classic
[*]Original Theatrical Trailer
[/list]
https://classicflix.com/Christmas-Comes-Early-With-Holiday-Inn-on-Blu-an-31084.html?utm_content=buffer10b24&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I wonder though, since both versions will be in 1 disc, if that will compromise quality.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Dick said:
But I did say "for 2014." Universal has a lot of titles that need Blu release, but at least they're doing something. What has Warner Bros been doing with their Paramount titles?
in my best Gary Cooper type draw, "Yep been pretty quiet" I think

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
JoelA said:
Great news, but I'll skip the colorized version when viewing. I would have rather they made this a double feature with the Technicolor Blue Skies (1946) instead. I know, the griping begins. :D
You have a good point, though. Rather than two versions of the same film (one of which is bogus), I'd rather have another classic with the same two stars and the same composer.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
or some long over do Oscar winners stateside, Going My Way, The Lost Weekend, lots of treasures in the box, they just don't seem to want let out yet

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
classicmovieguy said:
"Flower Drum Song", Marx Brothers, Deanna Durbin and Barbara Stanwyck BD titles lingering in the wings? Please Universal!!!
I would say that there is 0 chance for a bd release of Deanna Durbin. I do not know enough about the musical market to guess at Flower Drum Song, although I would guess no. A BD release of the Marx brothers probably depends on Universal's ability to substantially improve the image for films where the elements have been said to be terrible. As for Barbara Stanwyck, a lot of people at the CHFB have been hoping for another TCM horror set that would include the Night Walker, but that would be on DVD. Your best chance for a Universal owned Stanwyck title to be released on blu would be for Criterion to upgrade its DVD of The Lady Eve, which would suit me fine. Snakes are my life too.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
holiday.jpeg
Holiday Inn Blu-ray

Headline Date: TBA
Release Date: 10/7/2014

HOLIDAY INN
Product Source: Theatrical
Theatrical Studio: Paramount
Theatrical Release: 8/4/1942
Synopsis: Screen legends Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire sing and dance their way into your heart in one of the most timeless holiday classics of all time, Holiday Inn. Featuring the Academy Award-winning** song, “White Christmas”, Crosby plays a song and dance man who leaves showbiz to run an inn that is open only on holidays. Astaire plays his former partner and rival in love. Follow the two talented pals as they find themselves competing for the affections of the same lovely lady (Marjorie Reynolds). ‘Tis the season for one of the most sensational musical comedies of all time!

Blu-ray Full Frame (61120096) : Disc 1 (Side A)

Format:

Blu-ray

UPC:

0-2519-21172-9-9

Unit Type:

Standard

Number of Media:

Street Date:

10/7/2014

PreOrder Date:

Run Time (HH:MM):

1 Hour 41 Minutes

Language:

English

Disc Type:

BD-50 (Single Sided)

Packaging:

Snap Case with Slip Sleeve

Layers:

Single

Audio:

English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono

Subtitles:

English SDH
French
Spanish

Edition:

-

Picture:

Full Frame

Version:

Blu-ray + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet

Color/B&W

COLOR

Rating:

Not Rated

CARA Rating:

-

Bonus Features:

• Digital Copy of Holiday Inn (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
• Includes UltraViolet (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
• A Couple of Song and Dance Men
• All-Singing All-Dancing
• Coloring a Classic
• Feature Commentary by Film Historian Ken Barnes Including Archive Audio Comments from Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby, and John Scott Trotter
• Theatrical Trailer

Blu-ray Full Frame (61120096) : Disc 1 (Side A) (Feature 2)

Format:

Blu-ray

UPC:

0-2519-21172-9-9

Unit Type:

Standard

Number of Media:

Street Date:

10/7/2014

PreOrder Date:

1 Hour 41 Minutes

Language:

English

Disc Type:

Packaging:

Layers:

Audio:

English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono

Subtitles:

English SDH
French
Spanish

Edition:

-

Picture:

Full Frame

Version:

Blu-ray + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet

Color/B&W

BLACK & WHITE

Rating:

Not Rated

CARA Rating:

-

Bonus Features:

DVD Full Frame Special Edition(61021484) : Disc 1 (Side A)

Format:

DVD

UPC:

0-2519-21484-2-2

Unit Type:

Standard

Number of Media:

-

Street Date:

8/22/2010

PreOrder Date:

1 Hour 41 Minutes

Language:

English

Disc Type:

DVD-9 (Single Sided)

Packaging:

Layers:

Single

Audio:

English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono

Subtitles:

English SDH
French
Spanish

Edition:

Special Edition

Picture:

Full Frame

Version:

-

Color/B&W

BLACK & WHITE

Rating:

Not Rated

CARA Rating:

[deleted]N/A

Bonus Features:

• A Couple of Song and Dance Men
• All-Singing, All Dancing
• Audio Commentary with Film Historian Ken Barnes, including Archive Audio Comments from Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby and John Scott Trotter
• Theatrical Trailer

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I like this better than White Christmas. Even though Danny Kaye does a great job in WC I would have liked to see Fred and Bing together again. I'll watch both versions of the movie. I always wished that HI was done in color.

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Bob_S. said:
I like this better than White Christmas. Even though Danny Kaye does a great job in WC I would have liked to see Fred and Bing together again. I'll watch both versions of the movie. I always wished that HI was done in color.
Astaire passed after he saw the script.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
If you have double-feature DVD, though, you'll have to keep it because it also has Going My Way. My solution: Give away the DVD in this pack and put the old DVD in its place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks