-

Photo
- - - - -

Criterion Press Release: The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)

Criterion

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 of 24 bgart13

bgart13

Supporting Actor

• 883 posts

Posted July 19 2014 - 07:59 PM

What an idiotic statement. All October titles are great.

I'm not allowed to make a statement showing how much I love Jacques Tati and his movies? I'm idiotic for stating it this way? It was my opinion, just as your comment is your opinion (and we know what Harry Callahan says about those...).

#22 of 24 Steen DK

Steen DK

Stunt Coordinator

• 103 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted July 20 2014 - 06:05 AM

Review of the new Studio Canal 4K release: http://www.blu-ray.c.../108756/#Review

Criterion is likely to use the same scan, but I hope theirs get a different colour scheme, 'cause the SC one is... questionable.

#23 of 24 Douglas R

Douglas R

Screenwriter

• 1,817 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted July 20 2014 - 08:07 AM

Review of the new Studio Canal 4K release: http://www.blu-ray.c.../108756/#Review
Criterion is likely to use the same scan, but I hope theirs get a different colour scheme, 'cause the SC one is... questionable.

One person's opinion. The colour looks to be an improvement to me. What can't be disputed is that the definition is far better - particularly important for PLAYTIME when so much is in long shot.

#24 of 24 bigshot

bigshot

Screenwriter

• 1,087 posts

Posted July 20 2014 - 11:52 AM

I'd get Mon Oncle or Holiday as singles, but not a whole box.  A little too much static whimsy for me.

Parade is very underrated in my opinion. It's not at all static, although it is basically a filmed stage presentation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Criterion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users