What's new

New to Home Theater, Need Help. (1 Viewer)

ConnorB

Auditioning
Real Name
Connor Bird
As the title states..I'm new to home theater and need some help deciding what to get, now talking about home theater, I have a low budget about $400, then progressively upgrade as I go along..anyway I've gone looking around for those (Home theater packages) and the only one I've found that isn't one of those dvd packages, but has an actual reciever is.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882120200&cm_re=onkyo_s3500-_-82-120-200-_-Product

Can somebody give me some feedback on that and see if it's any good? or if it's not, could someone piece one together for me? Example: Just linking the reciever, subwoofer, and speakers to get.
As I said, Im all new to home theater, I know a little bit about car audio, which was what I was running in my room, but I decided I wanted to change to something that was actually meant for a house..Future Thanks.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
We recommend people stear clear of that one. It uses a passive sub, so your upgrade path is receiver AND sub at the same time, not...either/or.Find the Denon DHT1513BA. It is(last I heard) under $300. And was, at one point, $250 at A4L.Otherwise...Onkyo 54/55/5600Or any of the Yamaha.

ConnorB

Auditioning
Real Name
Connor Bird
Alright thanks, I checked out those Onkyo series, and it seems many people prefer the 54 over the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks