• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 of 23 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,503 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 24 2014 - 08:18 AM

And now, as we turn the page, metaphorically--and literally--in this thread...let's return our focus back to Big Hero 6.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#22 of 23 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,178 posts

Posted July 24 2014 - 09:03 AM

Lord, let it not be the way they reacted to Incredibles and Cars 1, when they "failed to reach the numbers" of Finding Nemo.  

(Whose wild, frenzied neurotic-grownup-audience mania at the time, like Frozen's, wasn't 100% based on the movie itself, and therefore not necessarily a reliable bar to judge future performance by.)

I thought it would be more along the lines of "Pocahontas" not reaching numbers of "The Lion King" before it. On another board, some people jokingly referred to it as "Pocahontas Syndrome".  ;) I guess the executives cannot accept the fact that "what goes up, must come down". 

With "Big Hero 6", I don't see it coming close to pulling in Frozen-like numbers. Especially since it has some serious competition going against it, and honestly, the trailer does not look as promising as some of its competition. I'd say, more like "How to Train Your Dragon 2" numbers, as the market has been over-saturated with animated movies.

But I plan to see it when it comes out in theaters. 

TV Episodes Watched - 2009 (1419 ep) / 2010 (1367 ep) / 2011 (1509 ep) / 2012 (1440 ep) / 2013 (1191 ep) / 2014 - October
Feature Films Watched - 2012 (97 seen) / 2013 (100 seen)
Shorts Watched - 2012 (222 seen) / 2013 (87 seen)

Books Read - 2013 (12 read)

#23 of 23 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,225 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted July 24 2014 - 09:35 AM

Pocahontas was a lightning magnet for criticism because of the historical inaccuracies (and the fallout from Disney's America was still fresh in people's minds), not just because it was the first after The Lion King. This is a fictional story, so that won't be an issue.

I should have known it was a matter of time before I saw a Marvel movie come out of WDAS, and so far it looks promising.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users