What's new

Game of Thrones - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The directors for the upcoming fifth season have been announced:David Nutter is the only returning director this season. He will direct episodes 5x09 and 5x10. Aside from the countless pilots he's directed over the years, he is probably best known for directing the Red Wedding episode of Season 2.The four other directors are new to the series:Michael Slovis will direct episodes 5x01 and 5x02. He is probably best known as the cinematographer for dozens of "Breaking Bad" episodes, including the finale. He's also directed episodes of "Breaking Bad", as well as episodes of "Law & Order: SVU", "Chicago Fire" and "Chicago P.D.".Mark Mylod will direct episodes 5x03 and 5x04. He directed 23 episodes of "Entourage", two episodes of "United States of Tara" and the pilot for ABC's "Once Upon a Time".He is a regular director on Showtime's "Shameless", having directed the pilot and many of the show's more emotionally fraught episodes.Jeremy Podeswa will direct episodes 5x05 and 5x06. He has been nominated for two Emmys: one for his work directing the fourth episode of "Boardwalk Empire", the other shared with David Nutter for their directing work on HBO's epic miniseries "The Pacific". He has also directed multiple episodes of "Queer as Folk", "Carnivàle", "Six Feet Under", "Nip/Tuck", "The Tudors", "The Borgias" and "American Horror Story".Miguel Sapochnik will direct episodes 507 and 508. He directed the Jude Law version of Repo Men. His TV work includes episodes of "House, M.D.", "Fringe", "Banshee" and "Mind Games" as well as the series finale of "Awake".Filming for the fifth season will expand to Spain, which will serve as a geographic stand-in for the hot, arid Dorne region of Westeros. The Alcázar of Seville will serve as the Water Gardens, the palace of House Martell. The oldest three of the late Oberyn Martell's will appear in the fifth season in some capacity, and Academy Award nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes is rumored to be playing one of them.The vast majority of the fifth season will adapt material from the fourth and fifth books in the series, but some storylines will move past the fifth book into unpublished material.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I've got 200 pages left in book 5. Then I wait for book 6.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
New cast members:
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH2ri8RhSnw[/media]
Academy Award nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes is confirmed to be playing Obara Sand, the eldest bastard daughter of the brutally deceased Oberyn Martell. Jessica Henwick, a British television and radio actress, will play Nymeria Sand, the second eldest "Sand Snake". Rosabell Laurenti Sellers, an Italian American actress who acted on Broadway as a child before moving to Italy, will play Tyene, the third eldest "Sand Snake". She doesn't match the literary description of the character, and that's reportedly because they are making her mother Oberyn's final mistress, Ellaria Sand, instead of a pale and fair complexioned septa.

The two biggest names among the new round of casting are Jonathan Pryce (Brazil, the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, The New World) as the High Sparrow, the spiritual leader of the Faith of the Seven and Alexander Siddig ("Star Trek: Deep Stace Nine") as Doran Martell, Oberyn's older brother and the ruling prince of Dorne.

The rumored recasting of Myrcella Baratheon, last season departing for Dorne midway through the second season, has been confirmed. Nell Tiger Free, an English television actress, will replace Northern Irish actress Aimee Richardson in the role.

Other casting include: Toby Sebastian as Trystane Martell (apparently a composite of Trystane and Arianne from the books), DeObia Oparei as Areo Hotah and Enzo Cilenti as Yezzan.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Sam Posten said:
I struggled with the focus on Dorne in the books, looks like they are shaking things up a bit there, fingers crossed!
I found the Dorne and Iron Islands sections to be much more enjoyable in subsequent readings. In fact, I found myself actually looking forward to the Areo/Arys and Asha chapters (maybe I like the letter "A," as most of the new characters start with that letter :) )

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
While I enjoy any chapters GRRM writes, at least somewhat, I really wish he would GET TO THE FREAKING POINT! Sequels could easily cover much of the material, as far as I'm concerned. Granted, I don't yet know the endgame, and perhaps all of the characters will play vital roles, but I find it hard to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks