-

Photo
- - - - -

With WKRP, Wonder Years and Batman now a reality, what's the next holy grail?

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#181 of 199 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,221 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted July 25 2014 - 05:34 PM

POPULAR

Yes, I would love blu-ray from Disney, but I can't imagine how miniscule that chance would be. It's almost like Disney wants to forget the Walt persona. Just stamp his signature logo on the modern material, and that is all that is needed. Releasing Anthology program material without the Walt intros - I mean, c'mon.

I don't think anyone at that company understands the respect older Disney fans have for Walt Disney; the high regard that Walt Disney engendered, from a generation of kids who grew up on his entertainment for so many years.

They don't even put his name on the films he actually made anymore. Compare the 50th Anniversary Blu-ray of Sleeping Beauty, where "Walt Disney" is right above the title to the upcoming Diamond Edition. Now it's just plain old "Disney." They're too lazy to even add an apostrophe and an "s" at the end to give it a possessive tense. And this is an across-the-board policy. No more "Walt Disney's" or "Walt Disney Productions'" or "Walt Disney Pictures'" or any of that. It's ironic they made a movie where Walt is the central character, yet it seems they've been doing what they can to distance themselves from his legacy even though there wouldn't be a studio today without it.

I don't know why Disney doesn't create a cable channel just for vintage material. They can even call it Disney Sr.

• darkrock17, LeoA, ChrisALM and 1 other like this

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#182 of 199 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 812 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted July 25 2014 - 05:51 PM

POPULAR

They don't even put his name on the films he actually made anymore. Compare the 50th Anniversary Blu-ray of Sleeping Beauty, where "Walt Disney" is right above the title to the upcoming Diamond Edition. Now it's just plain old "Disney." They're too lazy to even add an apostrophe and an "s" at the end to give it a possessive tense. And this is an across-the-board policy. No more "Walt Disney's" or "Walt Disney Productions'" or "Walt Disney Pictures'" or any of that. It's ironic they made a movie where Walt is the central character, yet it seems they've been doing what they can to distance themselves from his legacy even though there wouldn't be a studio today without it.

I don't know why Disney doesn't create a cable channel just for vintage material. They can even call it Disney Sr.

Preach it, Disney just like a lot of other studio's need to stop and remember where the started and came from.  I roll my eye's everytime I see Disney instead of Disney's or Walt Disney's. How lazy do you have to be to not add " 's " does whoever in the Art Dept who does the covers not pass elementary school english?

I'd love to see a Vault Disney channel.

• MatthewA, ChrisALM and Ron1973 like this

#183 of 199 OFFLINE   I_Love_Coffee

I_Love_Coffee

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 26 2014 - 04:34 PM

Muppet Babies!

Muppet Babies!

Muppet Babies! Muppet Babies! Muppet Babies!

Muppet Babies! Muppet Babies! Muppet Babies!

• cafink likes this

#184 of 199 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 956 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted July 26 2014 - 07:25 PM

I wonder if that was frequently shortened since from about 25 seconds in until the 53 second mark, I don't really remember that portion of the introduction? 

#185 of 199 OFFLINE   Tom St Jones

Tom St Jones

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted August 03 2014 - 10:13 AM

More Ziv -- especially I Led 3 Lives (but also Man Called X, Men Into Space, Mr. District Attorney, Man and the Challenge)

1950s Dragnet

The Green Hornet (more of a possibility now that the rights for Batman have been cleared?)

"The Green Hornet" - definitely a holy grail

#186 of 199 OFFLINE   JColl

JColl

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted August 03 2014 - 02:22 PM

Buck Rogers on blu-ray.
  • Ron1973 likes this

#187 of 199 OFFLINE   HugeBensonFan

HugeBensonFan

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 08:08 AM

My Holy Grail would be the complete series of Benson with the 3 filmed alternate endings of the series.

#188 of 199 OFFLINE   Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,133 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted August 04 2014 - 10:58 AM

My Holy Grail would be the complete series of Benson with the 3 filmed alternate endings of the series.

I watched that YouTube video of "Go Home, Clayton" a few days ago! Thanks for letting me know the title. All I ever saw was the syndicated version which was chopped up. It was even funnier seeing the full version. The syndication version chopped off the part of Benson letting air out of Pete's tires. I always wondered why Pete needed an air pump as it was never explained in the syndicated version. Thanks again!

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#189 of 199 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,119 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 10:59 AM

Post-1994 Macross. But that'll never happen.

#190 of 199 OFFLINE   HugeBensonFan

HugeBensonFan

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 11:28 AM

I watched that YouTube video of "Go Home, Clayton" a few days ago! Thanks for letting me know the title. All I ever saw was the syndicated version which was chopped up. It was even funnier seeing the full version. The syndication version chopped off the part of Benson letting air out of Pete's tires. I always wondered why Pete needed an air pump as it was never explained in the syndicated version. Thanks again!

No problem Ron1973!! Glad I could help!! And glad you enjoyed!! I always felt that Benson was one of those shows that couldn't afford to be syndicated or chopped up in order to enjoy properly. A lot of important, funny parts are left out, or it ends abruptly as the syndicated versions cut off the end. That's another reason why I'm hoping for a complete unedited version of the complete series.
  • MatthewA and Ron1973 like this

#191 of 199 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 960 posts

Posted August 05 2014 - 04:33 PM

Now add Sgt. Bilko to this list as it'll get released as a COMPLETE series on November 4th...can't wait!

#192 of 199 OFFLINE   JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 08:49 AM

A minor one by comparison, but the 2001 Transformers: Robots in Disguise.  Yes it was a silly anime dub, but has not been seen for so long in the States.  Some episodes not at all due to being just after 9/11. 

CBS = Constantly Butchering Shows.

#193 of 199 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 956 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted August 16 2014 - 03:09 AM

Not sure if it quite qualifies as a holy grail, but a HD remastering of Combat! along the lines of what some other iconic programs have received  (Including fellow Image Entertainment releases The Dick Van Dyke Show and the Twilight Zone) would be welcomed. 

• Jeff Willis likes this

#194 of 199 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,378 posts

Posted August 27 2014 - 08:39 PM

On top of my list are two shows yet to be offically released due to music clearance problems:

Cold Case

The Lawrence Welk Show

also, there are shows that have been stalled partway in their DVD releases for years:

Peyton Place

Green Acres

Burke's Law

Malcolm in the Middle

Matt Houston

Barnaby Jones

You'd think that with the current popularity of one of its stars, it would be time to revive Malcolm in the Middle for dvd...!

#195 of 199 ONLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 1,949 posts

Posted August 27 2014 - 10:07 PM

i like lawrence welk as well.

but gosh, how many years was it made ?

#196 of 199 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,085 posts

Posted August 28 2014 - 11:28 AM

Lawrence Welk was on from 1951-1982.

First locally in Los Angeles from 1951-1955 then on ABC from 1955-1971 and first run syndication from 1971-1982. All together 31 years or so. Probably more like 30 1/2 years since it was on ABC for 27 1/2 years.

#197 of 199 OFFLINE   Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah

• 1,424 posts
  • LocationLake Worth, Florida

Posted August 28 2014 - 01:06 PM

Yeah, Lawrence Welk in collector's set complete with a bottle of Geritol and a bottle of bubbles.

• Ron1973 likes this

#198 of 199 ONLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 1,949 posts

Posted August 28 2014 - 01:07 PM

hi brian,

with that length, i can see why not all 31 years are gonna be waited on, before a complete series would be put out.

#199 of 199 OFFLINE   Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,133 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted August 29 2014 - 03:55 AM

Lawrence Welk would be a clearance nightmare!

• ChrisALM likes this

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users