What's new

Out of the Past coming to BD! (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
uqavydeg.jpg

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
Aspect Ratio: 1.37:1Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 MonoSubtitles: English SDHDiscs: One 50GB Blu-ray DiscRun Time: 97 MinutesSpecial Features: Commentary by Film Historian James Ursini — with Robert Mitchum and 2 others.

I have the film on Vudu in HDX. It's a very good transfer.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
On the podcast they had hinted that another black & white Blu-ray was in the works from the archive. I guess this is it. Way cool!

moviefanatic1979

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Even
Even though I previously own it on DVD, I'll buy it.
It's one of Jacques Tourneur's best + Mitchum and Greer are exceptional. :)

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
You know, this was part of Warner's first Film Noir Classics box.

The other films in the box are:

Gun Crazy
The Set-Up
The Asphalt Jungle
Murder My Sweet

It'd be excellent if we got all of those - especially the first two. Well, the first three. Sod it, just give us all of them.

But it has to be said, it's a bit of a head-scratcher that they've gone with Out of the Past. Much as I like it, of the five in that box, this is surely the least. Matter of opinion, I suppose.

Steve W

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
It is good news that Out of the Past is being released, although if it doesn't sell well further releases will be very slow. I would have preferred a box set, either a direct upgrade of the Warners Film Noir Classic Collection Vol 1 or a set comprising a selection from all their Noir releases. Alternatively, a Bob Mitchum set followed (hopefully) by a Charles McGraw set.

Could we have The Narrow Margin next, please.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If it doesn't sell well then Warner has done the prudent thing in releasing just this title and not a box set.

The onus is on the consumers if they want their favorite titles released on BD. We can place blame on the studios, but it's up to the market place to support such releases.

I will definitely be buying this BD release as soon as it's available for pre order. If not one of the best movies ever made, it is certainly among the best film noirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks