Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Nothing from Warner this year?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   phillyrobt

phillyrobt

Stunt Coordinator

• 198 posts

Posted July 08 2014 - 06:05 PM

By this time last 2 years Dial M, House of Wax and Wizard Of Oz had been announced. WIll Warner Home Video have a presence at Comic Con? I guess Kiss Me Kate might be possible for 2015?

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   SFMike

SFMike

Stunt Coordinator

• 226 posts

Posted July 09 2014 - 08:05 AM

Yes....Please give us Kiss Me Kate 3D.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Doug Bull

Doug Bull

Advanced Member

• 1,544 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted July 10 2014 - 09:06 PM

Yes, way on top of my want list for any new Blu-ray is  "KISS ME KATE" in 3D.

Has there been any hints or whispers of late?

kate2.jpg kate3.jpg

[font="georgia, serif;"]checkout the exposed knickers on the French poster versus the cover up on Byron's US poster, plus the 2 different expressions on Kathryn Grayson's face :blush:[/font][font="georgia, serif;"] [/font]

Doug.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 2,709 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 10 2014 - 09:30 PM

Does anybody know how "House of Wax" fared, sales-wise?  I hope Warners hasn't used that as the yardstick in regards to a possible "Kiss Me, Kate" 3D release.  Maybe the elements need some extra TLC?

kiss-me-kate-3d.jpg

LRLA100Z.jpg

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,821 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted July 11 2014 - 07:55 AM

I think Kiss Me Kate is one of the few 1950's 3D titles where the stereophonic tracks still exist.

Does anyone remember when the DVD first came out, it was cropped too much on the sides so, WB reissued it?

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   RJ992

RJ992

Second Unit

• 255 posts

Posted July 11 2014 - 03:57 PM

Does anybody know how "House of Wax" fared, sales-wise?  I hope Warners hasn't used that as the yardstick in regards to a possible "Kiss Me, Kate" 3D release.  

While I don't know any numbers, I'm assuming HoW sold well simply because the price for the disc remains high (generally $30 and up!).  I do often see DIAL M FOR MURDER selling for under $20, but I've never seen HoW selling for that.  Which might lead one to assume that there may not be many copies left out there, so it's selling for a premium price.  

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   bujaki

bujaki

Screenwriter

• 1,266 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted July 11 2014 - 04:09 PM

I think Kiss Me Kate is one of the few 1950's 3D titles where the stereophonic tracks still exist.

Does anyone remember when the DVD first came out, it was cropped too much on the sides so, WB reissued it?

The stereo tracks still exist. Kiss Me Kate played in 35mm 3D and stereophonic sound last year in LA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users