What's new

help in choosing a home theater (1 Viewer)

Morris El Capitán

Auditioning

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
All the units that you linked are very close in specs from what I see. They are all HTiB which is really not the recommended way to get a system that is going to last you. You're also not going to get the sound quality out of them like you would a system that you put together. They all have full range speakers and passive subwoofers. None of those units even has an optical input for audio so that is going be a big limiting factor.

I happened to notice that you're pulling from some of the global sites so I'm not sure what's available in your area. However, it might be better to look at some different options that you could get. I don't know your budget but for example the Panasonic XH300 has two way speakers and an optical input. This to me would be a better investment than the lower XH60. I'm not recommending a HTiB but if you have to get one then try to look for one that has some better components.

If you have some other ones that you would like advice on please feel free to post but for right now I would keep looking around if I were you.

Morris El Capitán

Auditioning
ArmSC said:
All the units that you linked are very close in specs from what I see. They are all HTiB which is really not the recommended way to get a system that is going to last you. You're also not going to get the sound quality out of them like you would a system that you put together. They all have full range speakers and passive subwoofers. None of those units even has an optical input for audio so that is going be a big limiting factor.

I happened to notice that you're pulling from some of the global sites so I'm not sure what's available in your area. However, it might be better to look at some different options that you could get. I don't know your budget but for example the Panasonic XH300 has two way speakers and an optical input. This to me would be a better investment than the lower XH60. I'm not recommending a HTiB but if you have to get one then try to look for one that has some better components.

If you have some other ones that you would like advice on please feel free to post but for right now I would keep looking around if I were you.
I have seen these in another store. Oh and I am limited to buying from Kenya. Shipping from US and paying of Import duty might make it expensive. But you can reccomend, I compare and serch if I can get from here all LG
HT-3120S
DH4230S
DH4130S
DH6230S
and finally
HT806ST

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
All those are the same...full range speaker HTiB. They really don't list the specs so I downloaded some of the manuals to check but to me they are all the same stuff. Pick which one you think you can get the best deal on but if you ask me I would save up and spend a bit more on a better unit. Is there another brand that you could look into. I know you linked some other brands maybe they would have something that is better for the price. It's hard because the sites you linked don't always have prices.

Have you considered trying to build a proper home theater with a receiver and a set of speakers first? I understand the appeal of the the HTiB but if you can start with a 2.0 setup and build to a 5.1 you really will end up with a better sounding system. I'm not sure what's available in your area but this might be something to look into as well.

Morris El Capitán

Auditioning
ArmSC said:
All those are the same...full range speaker HTiB. They really don't list the specs so I downloaded some of the manuals to check but to me they are all the same stuff. Pick which one you think you can get the best deal on but if you ask me I would save up and spend a bit more on a better unit. Is there another brand that you could look into. I know you linked some other brands maybe they would have something that is better for the price. It's hard because the sites you linked don't always have prices.

Have you considered trying to build a proper home theater with a receiver and a set of speakers first? I understand the appeal of the the HTiB but if you can start with a 2.0 setup and build to a 5.1 you really will end up with a better sounding system. I'm not sure what's available in your area but this might be something to look into as well.
Your idea is appealing and makes a lot of sense.I mostly buy stuff off Ebay.
Any Ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks