Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I feel like a kid on Christmas Morning.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 of 31 ONLINE   Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Supporting Actor

• 714 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted July 09 2014 - 12:27 PM

My order shipped yesterday. Just arrived this morning (9 July):The Time Machine The Blues BrothersKindergarten CopBlack Beauty ( wife wanted this one)Doctor Detroit (DVD)Forgot one that arrived with the order:Operation Petticoat

Edited by Kyrsten Brad, July 09 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#22 of 31 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted July 09 2014 - 12:51 PM

I have seen them all beforehand except The Lost Moment which I don't have any recollection of. I changed my mind about Mr. Peabody, I want to see Point Blank next.

Nice. Enjoy the movies and especially The Lost Moment. I am always interested when others are seeing movies for the first time. There are a few of those that you've recently received that I haven't seen.

#23 of 31 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,441 posts

Posted July 09 2014 - 07:35 PM

I just pre-ordered the sequel, Mr. Peabody and Sherman.

#24 of 31 ONLINE   Dr Griffin

Dr Griffin

Supporting Actor

• 958 posts
  • LocationThe wilds of Pennsylvania

Posted July 09 2014 - 08:06 PM

I recently watched the Point Blank DVD from another member's recommendation, and the transfer is very good. I'll bet the BD is great.

#25 of 31 ONLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 6,014 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted July 09 2014 - 08:10 PM

I recently watched the Point Blank DVD from another member's recommendation, and the transfer is very good. I'll bet the BD is great.

This one came in today. Can't wait to spin it. But The Time Machine is first. Lol
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#26 of 31 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,785 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 10 2014 - 02:45 AM

Well, I didn't get a chance to watch anything yesterday as I got caught up in some other stuff.  However, today will be the day I watched Point Blank.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#27 of 31 OFFLINE   Vic Pardo

Vic Pardo

Supporting Actor

• 804 posts

Posted July 10 2014 - 10:37 AM

I'm trying to cut down on DVD purchases, but I was in Paris last week and I visited a video store near my hotel (where they have tons of classic French and American films--on VHS!) and found R2 PAL DVDs of two Japanese classics that are unavailable in the U.S. (as far as I know), so I bought them both for 17.80 Euros each. (I have a few code-free players, at least one of which should play these.) They're two of Mizoguchi's last three films and his only ones in color: PRINCESS YANG KWEI FEI and TAIRA CLAN SAGA, both with English subs.

#28 of 31 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 972 posts

Posted July 10 2014 - 12:08 PM

I know the joy you feel when a movie arrives at the door. Now it would really be Christmas for me if these movies were waiting for me at the door---THE GREAT RACE----RYANS DAUGHTER----LOCAL HERO---MISSISSIPPI BURNING----ANGELAS ASHES---DOCTOR DOLITTLE---STAR!---LORD JIM---HAWAII---SWEET CHARITY---LION IN WINTER---CARNEL KNOWLEDGE---A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS--HEAVEN AND EARTH---MUNICH---ORDINARY PEOPLE---MICHAEL COLLINS----CHILDERN OF A LESSER GOD---FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD---PLAY IT AGAIN SAM----GOODBYE MR CHIPS---PENNIES FROM HEAVEN--THE GOODBYE GIRL.[all blu] Well,one can only hope there is a Santa Claus. Enjoy your films!

#29 of 31 ONLINE   Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Supporting Actor

• 714 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted July 10 2014 - 12:43 PM

I just pre-ordered the sequel, Mr. Peabody and Sherman.

Arf Arf.

Didn't catch it in the theater when it came out.  Is it worth a blu purchase (Mr. Peabody & Sherman, not the classic Mr. Peabody which is a definite classic)?

#30 of 31 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,785 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 10 2014 - 01:22 PM

Wow, the BD for Point Blank is wonderful.  I loved every minute of it, what a good looking video presentation.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#31 of 31 ONLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 6,014 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted July 10 2014 - 07:12 PM

Watched Point Blank tonight. What a great transfer with rich blacks and deep shadows. I don't ever remember this film looking this good. Sound is clear and crisp. Could not be happier with this Cinema Retro Blu. Hope you enjoy it as much I do.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users