What's new

Tales From The Crypt / Vault Of Horror (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
So is "Vault" the uncut UK version? I believe the older US DVD was PG-13.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
104994_large.jpg

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
TravisR said:
I'm almost positive that Scream said on Facebook that VOH was uncut.
Yes, they've confirmed that. They said:

"1972’s TALES FROM THE CRYPT and 1973’s VAULT OF HORROR These two classic British anthology films will be a housed together as a double feature on blu-ray (both for the first time) and Vault will be presented in its uncut form."

Tales... will almost certainly be uncut (it usually is, unlike Vault...), but in the unlikely event that it's cut there's a Blu-ray Disc of Tales... out in Australia which is uncut and which looks/sounds great.

Steve W

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Soooooooooold! (though for some reason I think I've seen these ages ago on VHS and thought them dry.)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I wish that they were getting more love in the Special Features department but I'm realistic and know that they're pretty niche, even by Shout Factory standards. Just glad to be getting them on Blu-ray.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Two features for the price of one isn't a good enough special feature for you?

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I'm not saying it isn't a good deal. Like I said, I'm glad to be getting them on Blu-ray. I just know that this will likely be the only R1 release of these films and it would have been nice to have some quality supplements for them. It didn't stop me from ordering the disc. :)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Kind of hard to have supplements when some of the cast and crew are either deceased or maybe don't want to be part of any supplement. the older the film the more challenging it is to have a boat load of extras :)
Im sure the Scream will have some kind of supplement but Id rather them look HD ..

ScottGros117

Agent
Real Name
Scott Gros
bigshot said:
Two features for the price of one isn't a good enough special feature for you?
The fact that Vault is being presented uncut is enough incentive. The fact that we're getting a double feature is even better. I don't need gore to be satisfied, but if this is the first time the film has been available uncensored, that's a huge milestone.

I hope we'll be seeing some British horror from Scream in the near future, such as The Quatermass Xperiment (currently held by MGM/UA) and the two sequels if they can wrestle the rights from Anchor Bay. The sequels (Enemy from Space and Quatermass and the Pit) have been OOP in region 1 for ages and command outrageous prices on ebay, whereas all are readily available in the UK.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Shout will be attempting to splice-in the previously cut footage to VAULT. Fox does not have uncut film elements.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Here's some good news, from SCream Factories facebook:

**VAULT OF HORROR Update**
For all of you waiting patiently for our double feature blu-ray release of TALES FROM THE CRYPT / VAULT OF HORROR on 12/2, we have some very good news to report to you on VAULT...
When we found out that the Fox HD master we licensed was the theatrical cut, we went searching for an uncut film element. This was a challenge since the film is over 40 years old and somewhat obscure. At some point we started to accept that that we were going to have to splice DVD footage of the uncut footage (lifted from a prior UK release) into the theatrical cut to be able to present it uncut, as promise when we announced. We tried that and the results were not great. Still, we thought this was the best we were going to be able to get.

Thankfully, there was rumor that the British Film Institute had done a restoration on the film years ago. We contacted them and, sure enough, BFI had done an HD transfer from a film print--and it was the UNCUT version! We quickly had a clone made of their master and then removed dirt and scratches from it to the best of our resources.
The release is now a 2-disc set. The first disc will include TALES and VAULT's uncut widescreen. The 2nd disc will include VAULT's theatrical cut (from the Fox master) and a rare open-matte version of the BFI master.
We thank you for your patience on the delay of this release and hope you will find that our presentation of these films will have been worth the wait!

ScottGros117

Agent
Real Name
Scott Gros
Russell G said:
Here's some good news, from SCream Factories facebook:

**VAULT OF HORROR Update**
For all of you waiting patiently for our double feature blu-ray release of TALES FROM THE CRYPT / VAULT OF HORROR on 12/2, we have some very good news to report to you on VAULT...
When we found out that the Fox HD master we licensed was the theatrical cut, we went searching for an uncut film element. This was a challenge since the film is over 40 years old and somewhat obscure. At some point we started to accept that that we were going to have to splice DVD footage of the uncut footage (lifted from a prior UK release) into the theatrical cut to be able to present it uncut, as promise when we announced. We tried that and the results were not great. Still, we thought this was the best we were going to be able to get.

Thankfully, there was rumor that the British Film Institute had done a restoration on the film years ago. We contacted them and, sure enough, BFI had done an HD transfer from a film print--and it was the UNCUT version! We quickly had a clone made of their master and then removed dirt and scratches from it to the best of our resources.
The release is now a 2-disc set. The first disc will include TALES and VAULT's uncut widescreen. The 2nd disc will include VAULT's theatrical cut (from the Fox master) and a rare open-matte version of the BFI master.
We thank you for your patience on the delay of this release and hope you will find that our presentation of these films will have been worth the wait!
This is better than anything I could have dreamed!

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
There seem to be several posts missing from this thread including one that detailed the confirmation that the BFI did indeed have an uncut version available which was posted after Shout initially said the BFI search had proved fruitless.

ScottGros117

Agent
Real Name
Scott Gros
youworkmen said:
There seem to be several posts missing from this thread including one that detailed the confirmation that the BFI did indeed have an uncut version available which was posted after Shout initially said the BFI search had proved fruitless.
I guess if Shout says that they now have it, they have it. Also, old information that is no longer accurate may have been deleted to avoid causing confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks