What's new

3D NOAH 3-D Conversion Not Hitting the U.S. (1 Viewer)

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
It is slated for Region A 3D release in Brazil. I am looking for the best way to order from there.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
I preordered the German version, comes to $32.xx shipped (about the same as what I'd pay with tax from Amazon). Hopefully that $10 million they spent on the conversion is put to good use.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I was never expecting a 3D US release of this title, they didn't even show it that way in the theaters.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
No thanks. i'll stick to 2D and probably just a rental for this one.

I'd prefer to give my money to blu ray releases where the film is shot in 3D and actually looks great in 3D, i did buy T.S. Spivet from Amazon France and will support titles like that one where they make a big effort to ensure the 3D is stunning.

Mind you, if you all come back and tell me the 3D is actually fabulous on Noah i may change my mind, i think it will be all depth.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
ABaglivi said:
It is slated for Region A 3D release in Brazil. I am looking for the best way to order from there.
Please keep us informed as to what you find.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Tempting. :unsure:

273 converted shots. 84 minutes converted by Prime Focus , 55 minutes by StereoD and the rest by Turner's team.
In addition to the 3D several scenes were altered to better accommodate the 3D, according to Corey Turner, VP of 3D Post Production at Paramount. Turner was part of a panel discussion hosted by the International 3D & Advanced Imaging Society at Paramount on April 23 following a special screening of the film. “It’s a different movie,” Turner said, noting that they completely re-did the rain scene and altered the battle scene, among many other smaller changes. The battle scene was first to be tackled and involved removing a lot of practical rain (real water) and inserting other elements.The most important work was in reel 1 and reel 4 (near the beginning and end of the film), Turner said.
Noah better in 3D

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
Well they did spend $10 million on the conversion so that kind of money should show up on the screen in a positive way.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
bruceames said:
Well they did spend $10 million on the conversion so that kind of money should show up on the screen in a positive way.
Definitely agree. 3D conversions have come a long way since the first conversion attempts. The Last Airbender and Clash of the Titans were money grabbing theatrical attempts to cash in on a 3D craze that hurt 3D financially via reputation early-on.

Noah 3D is a very good 3D epic. The conversion from Prime Focus, StereoD and Turner create an impressive 3D motion picture epic.
My first experience of Noah was in 2D theatrically, but the 3D version is genuinely a better experience and I doubt I will watch Noah in 2D again. The 3D adds a dimensional style to the story, involving the senses and gives visual realism to a Biblical story. Kudos to Prime Focus, StereoD and Turner. The United States missed a fine theatrical opportunity.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Paul Hillenbrand said:
Noah 3D is a very good 3D epic. The conversion from Prime Focus, StereoD and Turner create an impressive 3D motion picture epic. The United States missed a fine theatrical opportunity.
And we also get to miss a fine bluray 3D opportunity. They spent the money so you think they would want to promote this to the those of us in the US that would pay the extra to view it in 3D. I know the director wasn't hot on the conversion but it was done and I find it really odd the profit hungry studio doesn't try to make a little more on a picture that underperformed in the first place.

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
Watched the Hong Kong 3D version last night. Alas, the third dimension couldn't save the picture for me--too slow, too long, and too depressing. The best thing in it were the "rock transformers."

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
German steelbook LE (w bonus disc) has almost the same price (+shipping). Bonus disc has some featurettes from the US retail "exclusives".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks