What's new

Revisting my TV History on DVD blog (1 Viewer)

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
After a long layoff where I have focused on my education (got my BA in history last May, thank you very much), I've decided to relieve stress from my 9-5... 3 to midnight 5 day a week job to revive my TV history on DVD blog. I've got a link posted in my signature, but I mention it here because of the knowledge base here. I respect and value the opinions of the people who post here and I'd like to extend an invatation for you all to come check it out and offer constructive opinions, plus try and get my audience back.

I'm actually running a poll right now on shows to focus on in the blog in the not too distant future and am looking for as good a cross section opinion as I can get, so please, by all means, come and take a look.

http://tvhistoryondvd.blogspot.com/2014/07/audience-interest-poll.html

Thanks, all!

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
MattPeriolat said:
After a long layoff where I have focused on my education (got my BA in history last May, thank you very much), I've decided to relieve stress from my 9-5... 3 to midnight 5 day a week job to revive my TV history on DVD blog. I've got a link posted in my signature, but I mention it here because of the knowledge base here. I respect and value the opinions of the people who post here and I'd like to extend an invatation for you all to come check it out and offer constructive opinions, plus try and get my audience back.

I'm actually running a poll right now on shows to focus on in the blog in the not too distant future and am looking for as good a cross section opinion as I can get, so please, by all means, come and take a look.

http://tvhistoryondvd.blogspot.com/2014/07/audience-interest-poll.html

Thanks, all!

I remember your blog, and used to read it. Glad to hear you are going to get it up and running again. Thanks, and best of luck to you.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Howdy folks!As you know, I have a poll going on my blog to see what show I should add to my collection for review. But it occurred to me, based on views versus responses, that I forgot something important - you have to have a Google account to post. Not everyone does. True, it's free, but why should you have to create an account just to respond to a blog post?To be clear, the poll is NOT invalid. Everyone who has replied, their votes still count. But I am opening it up a little bit - you can reply here and the votes will be added to the total.So, one more time, here are the choices:Choice 1 - The Howdy Doody Show. I really have not done children’s programming on the blog up until now and given popularity over time, this is a good trial balloon for more kid’s stuff in the future.Choice 2 - Kukla, Fran and Ollie. Another kid’s show, but still at least somewhat known. Again, measuring interest now and for the future.Choice 3 - The Gene Autry Show. I focused on Autry heavily in the early days of the blog and, now with the complete series available, it’s logical to come back to it. However, it is a show I am not sure if my audience is that interested in coming back to Autry, given the show rarely averaged above twenty views every post. To invest in a show that still has three years in it and have that level of interest does not make a ton of sense. But, never know.Choice 4 - Cavalcade of Stars: Honeymooners segments. This is what leads into The Honeymooners proper show in a few years. I am just not sure if the audience is as strong for the 15 minute bits as it will be for the single season show, especially given this will be spread out substantially.Choice 5 - Dragnet. This is the classic 1950s version of the show, with only about 20-25 episodes out there in the public domain right now. I have zero problem tracking them down, I just am testing audience mood to see if it is worth doing.Only replies prior to 12 PM Eastern time on Saturday, July 12, 2014 will be counted.So, let's hear it!

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
The Gene Autry Show. If not, Howdy Doody would be my second choice. I've watched a bit of The Gene Autry Show on TV but would like to hear more about it; I've never saw Howdy Doody to the best of my recollection but would love to delve into hearing more about it.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
I've written about Dragnet on my blog and would love to read more about it. It's a great show.
Earlier this year I picked up the DVD of the last season of The Gene Autry show--the color episodes--and was very impressed with the ones I saw. I haven't seen any b&w eps. since I was a small child. I wonder how those hold up. I know that one of the cable channels (Encore Western?) ran some eps. of it a while back, but I didn't make the effort to see any. I hadn't rediscovered old b&w TV westerns yet.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Encore Westerns ran the entire Gene Autry Show series, seasons 1-5, and his western movies. They looked great, better than I had ever seen them. These ran for a few years and Gene Autry fans owe Encore Westerns a huge thanks for taking such good care of these films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks