Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Title: Star Trek Beyond

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Justin Lin

Cast: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, John Cho, Anton Yelchin, Idris Elba, Sofia Boutella, Joe Taslim, Lydia Wilson, Deep Roy, Melissa Roxburgh, Anita Brown, Doug Jung, Danny Pudi, Kim Kold, Fraser Aitcheson, Matthew MacCaull, Emy Aneke, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Greg Grunberg, Jennifer Cheon, Jarod Joseph, Jeremy Raymond, Harry Han, Gina Brinkman, Adam DiMarco, Fiona Vroom, Richard Laurence, Douglas Chapman, Dan Payne, Anthony Shim, Andrea Yu, Shea Whigham, Christian Sloan, Jake Huang, Priya Rajaratnam, Luka Hays, Thomas Cadrot, Jennifer W. Evans, Roxanne Fernandes, Jake Foy, Jodi Haynes, Nathan Jean, Tarun Keram, J.P. Mulcaster, Edwin Rodriguez, Alex Rose, Polina Soldatova, Lia Lam, Ian Nsenga, Sara Forsberg, Jeff Bezos, Christian Mandel

Release: 2016-07-07

Runtime: 122

Plot: The USS Enterprise crew explores the furthest reaches of uncharted space, where they encounter a mysterious new enemy who puts them and everything the Federation stands for to the test.

From Variety.com
“Star Trek 3″ will boldly go where no man has gone before.Director Roberto Orci promises that the latest installment of the rebooted franchise will stay true to its roots as it heads back to deep space.“In this movie, they are closer than they are to the original series characters that you have ever seen,” Orci said during a podcast for Geoff Boucher’s Humans From Earth. “They have set off on their five-year mission. So their adventure is going to be in deep space.”This means the USS Enterprise will explore the universe rather than the San Francisco cityscape, which fans took issue with in previous installments.
Full story here. http://variety.com/2014/film/news/star-trek-3-set-in-deep-space-1201254002/Sounds great to me...but I loved the previous two so.....;)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
RobertR said:
So what TOS episode are they going to rehash this time?
Originality is dead with this franchise, it's just rehash after rehash, that wouldn't be a problem if the scripts were a little better, having said that, i enjoyed the first one and the first half of the second one but i would like better scripts.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
RobertR said:
Star Trek III The Search For Prime Spock.

It will be a load of rubbish like the last two.

If I want entertainment value I'll watch the original TOS and films.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
The last two were ok action movies but had severe flaws as Trek films.

Especially so with "Into Darkness" - Cumberbatch made for a great villain, but a terrible Khan. He should have been an original character, or if he had to be a rehash, they should have made him Gary Mitchell.

I don't have great hopes for 3.

MaxMorrow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter Roberts
RobertR said:
Actually, I think they'll bypass TOS and jump straight into TNG episodes--which is to say, get ready to see a reimagined Borg.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
MaxMorrow said:
Actually, I think they'll bypass TOS and jump straight into TNG episodes--which is to say, get ready to see a reimagined Borg.
I would like that, a much darker Borg film with good action and a big budget to cater for it, but only if they have a good script and give us characters we can care for, i think the first film did that but the second film was a bit of a mess especially during the second half, i think Cumberbatch did well but i never felt like this was Khan onscreen, he should have been playing someone else.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
RobertR said:
As long as the films are as great as the first two, rehash away I say. :)It doesn't matter really. As with the new Star Wars film, there will be fans that hate it, no matter how good it is. It's the nature of fandom.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
FoxyMulder said:
I would like that, a much darker Borg film with good action and a big budget to cater for it, but only if they have a good script and give us characters we can care for, i think the first film did that but the second film was a bit of a mess especially during the second half, i think Cumberbatch did well but i never felt like this was Khan onscreen, he should have been playing someone else.
"I am Abcutus of Borg. Prepare to be imitated".

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Gary Seven said:
I have no hope for this based on the mediocrity of the first and the mess of the second. I am just waiting on the eventual reboot in hopes they get it right the next time.
Same here no hope or interest in it. JJ has taken my money. I'd sooner buy some milk from the co-op that I'm not interested in pouring on my Weetabix.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
It just hit me. They can use that Khan blood to bring captain Kirk prime back. :lol: But hang wouldn't he already have the Khan blood in him that would making him, superhuman when Soran, tosses Kirk, off the bridge.

:lol: shut down the lens flares.
Prime beams in and neck pinch, Noooooooo. :rolling-smiley:

andySu

Senior HTF Member
They should so the 5 year mission as tv show with film cast as I doubt it would make it to second season.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
This Summer, Mel Gibson is... The Doomsday Machine.Hey, I got it. The crew from an alternate universe are themselves flung into an alternate universe where... Star Trek is a TV show being produced in 1966. Shenanigans ensue as Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) meets the young William Shatner (Chris Pine), who plays Captain Kirk in a fictional series filmed on the Desilu lot.Their places reversed, nu-Kirk suddenly finds he cannot resist stuffing his face at the commissary, nor can he resist stealing Leonard Nimoy's (Zachary Quinto) bicycle. Meanwhile, William Shatner bluffs his way through an encounter with the Tholians ("I work in Hollywood, man. This wouldn't be the first time I've dealt with folks who connect at the butt and then walk apart slowly and surround you in web-like goo that just keeps contracting until you implode").But all is nearly lost when Leonard Nimoy flicks cigarette ash on his hand, which causes "Kirk" to knock a cup of coffee and a Danish into the ship's shield controls at the worst possible moment...

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Classic episode. I like to get it on TOS laserdisc with original mono mix. Have the all the TOS on region 2 DVD.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks