Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Star Trek 3..The Five Year Mission Begins

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#281 of 291 OFFLINE   Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux

Supporting Actor

• 783 posts

Posted April 22 2015 - 05:27 AM

Here's a one-word title that sums up NuTrek: "Dumb."
My DVDs

#282 of 291 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,962 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted April 22 2015 - 05:49 AM

Alright, so I don't love this rumored title, but come on. The abbreveation "STB" is 100% better than "STID"...leave out the "I" and, well, you can see what happens...

Besides, it's only a title. Judging the movie by the title is like saying you won't buy a disc because of ugly cover art. It's silly. Right now, I trust Simon Pegg based on everything he has said about the project. Until I have reason not to trust him, I will be hopeful about STB.

#283 of 291 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,974 posts

Posted April 22 2015 - 06:54 AM

I like it but I agree with Sam in wishing that it would have been something more substantial.

I do think the title is a good indication that the story may be a bit more… explore-y.
I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#284 of 291 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,537 posts

Posted April 22 2015 - 07:09 AM

Yep exactly the vibe it gives me Sean. But please no retread of Where No Man Has Gone Before!

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

#285 of 291 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,962 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted April 22 2015 - 07:15 AM

I think Pegg has said this is a wholly original villain, so my thought is this is almost assuredly a new story, too.

#286 of 291 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,577 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 22 2015 - 08:37 AM

Sigh. For twenty years now, Star Trek films have gone by one- or two-word titles (Generations, First Contact, Insurrection, Nemesis, Into Darkness), and that's the general trend in movies (look at the most recent Bond films), but it's very bland. Titles used to be more poetic (The Wrath of Khan, The Undiscovered Country, The Search for Spock, etc.), which gave the movies a grace they otherwise lack. (The same can be said for Star Trek episodes -- look to the original series for titles like The City on the Edge of Forever, or For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky; meanwhile, Voyager had nearly all one-word titles.)

I will wait to see the finished movie before judging it, but I am not encouraged by a one-word title.

I think it is the uprising of social media which has spurred an across-the-board increase in the use of one word (and two-word) titles.

Ya gotta make it easy for those hashtags...

:rolleyes:

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#287 of 291 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,672 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted April 22 2015 - 09:33 AM

Sounds like a ride or New Interactive Las Vegas Experience (20% Discount with Code Word: BEYOND)

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#288 of 291 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 6,025 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted April 22 2015 - 02:47 PM

http://entertainthis...ng-star-trek-3/

Simon Pegg to pay respects to Nimoy in Trek 3

Edited by Tino, April 22 2015 - 02:48 PM.

It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#289 of 291 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,262 posts

Posted April 22 2015 - 04:53 PM

Sigh. For twenty years now, Star Trek films have gone by one- or two-word titles (Generations, First Contact, Insurrection, Nemesis, Into Darkness), and that's the general trend in movies (look at the most recent Bond films), but it's very bland. Titles used to be more poetic (The Wrath of Khan, The Undiscovered Country, The Search for Spock, etc.), which gave the movies a grace they otherwise lack. (The same can be said for Star Trek episodes -- look to the original series for titles like The City on the Edge of Forever, or For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky; meanwhile, Voyager had nearly all one-word titles.)

I will wait to see the finished movie before judging it, but I am not encouraged by a one-word title.

Spock's Brain!!

#290 of 291 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,262 posts

Posted April 22 2015 - 04:56 PM

http://entertainthis...ng-star-trek-3/
Simon Pegg to pay respects to Nimoy in Trek 3

Which means they will make a good Star Trek movie I hope!

#291 of 291 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,537 posts

Posted April 22 2015 - 06:55 PM

Some acknowledgement of Nimoy in the third film would be great.

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users