Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HDMI signal times out

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   jallison86

jallison86

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 02 2014 - 05:13 AM

Hello,

New to the forums and looking for some input on a weird problem we just started experiencing. We previously had our Sony Blu-Ray player hooked up through our Denon receiver to the TV via component video. A new TV (samsung) and some re-wiring and now it's all HDMI. We can fire up a Blu-ray disc/DVD and watch for a while, but after about 15 minutes the signal just goes away. Same thing happens when watching streaming video.

I don't really know where to begin debugging this. I can't see how it's a cable or interconnect problem since we do get the signal initially. It seems like a timeout of some sort, but that makes no sense to me.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

- Jeff

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   jallison86

jallison86

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 07 2014 - 10:23 AM

Responding to my own question in case anyone else runs into something similar. Turns out it was a cable problem. I guess the cable was good enough to get the signal through but not good enough to handle the HDMI handshake data in some way. After a while the receiver decided that no "official" HDMI content was being presented on that port and switched it off. A new cable solved the problem.

- Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users