Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Leftovers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#141 of 146 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,605 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted September 10 2014 - 08:42 AM

Some epic deep-sleepers in this town, I'll tell ya that.

It's funny...a lot of people around other sites mention the deep sleepers and the coincidental meetings/happenings.

Yes, LOTS of coincidences happen in this show about fate and circumstance based upon a biblical event.  If you can buy the premise, you should be able to buy some coincidences.  It's part of the mystical nature of the show.

But, the deep sleepers is pretty hilarious.  You would think after the picture stealing at least, they'd all get alarms or something.  Fool me once...

But, I have a theory:  the GR COULD have just set all the dolls up outside in yards, etc.  We already saw a bunch of them set up outside.  The final effect would have been the same.  This is just artistic license at work - the scenes work better if Nora finds her family at the table where we know they disappeared.  So, definitely it requires suspension of disbelief for maximum dramatic effect.  I played along.

#142 of 146 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,910 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 10 2014 - 04:28 PM

And to be fair, they stole all of the photos while most of the people were at the town's Christmas event.

#143 of 146 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,910 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted December 07 2014 - 11:00 AM

Big shake-up for season two, with over half the cast being dropped as series regulars, and a likely shift in focus away from Mapleton.

Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, Chris Zylka, Margaret Qualley, Christopher Eccleston and Carrie Coon are the only returning cast members that will remain as series regulars. Ann Dowd and Liv Tyler will possibly return in a recurring capacity.

The door is being left open for the other former series regulars -- Michael Gaston, Annie Q., Max and Charlie Carver, Amanda Warren and Emily Meade -- to guest star at some point in season 2.

Some of these aren't huge surprises; Ann Dowd's character is dead, and Laurie seemed to part ways with the Guilty Remnant in the finale -- eliminating the need for much of Liv Tyler's character. Annie Q.'s role was to carry and deliver Holy Wayne's baby, and she's accomplished that. Jill and Aimee had a pretty huge falling out, so it's not a shocker that Aimee wouldn't be in the picture as much. And presumably the Frost twins will be sticking around Mapleton, so if the Garveys move away there wouldn't be much need for them. Same for Amanda Warren's mayor character.

But I'm a little surprised that Michael Gaston won't continue as a series regular. His mysterious character seemed to play a prominent role in whatever Kevin's cracked-out destiny turns out to be.

#144 of 146 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,065 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 07 2014 - 11:31 AM

^ I think I saw that Liv Tyler was pregnant so maybe that sidelined her (though your thoughts about less of the GR makes sense too).

#145 of 146 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,605 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted December 09 2014 - 02:39 PM

What about Scott Glenn?  Surely he could work it in alongside Daredevil.

I'm ok with the changes - particularly if they move and there is a time passage between seasons (which there very well may be).  You kind of have to create new mysteries and new challenges in this world for the Garvey's.  Well see how it goes...

This is one of those shows where I'm good with whatever.  The first season was so powerful and very stand alone.  If season 2 doesn't cut it, it won't change that.  

#146 of 146 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,910 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted December 09 2014 - 03:22 PM

What about Scott Glenn?  Surely he could work it in alongside Daredevil.

He wasn't a series regular. He was a recurring player, along the lines of what Ann Dowd and Liv Tyler are proposed to be for Season 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users