What's new

Denon X4000 question on surround sound while playing internet radio ( pandora, spotify,etc (1 Viewer)

dlubrano

Agent
Real Name
Dave
hi i recently set up a surround sound main zone on this receiver and whenever i play the internet radio it only plays in stero, is it possible to utilize more speakers or atleast the subwoofer? i haven't been able to find a setting to adjust that.

Thanks

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Is there a "Music" button on the remote? Try holding it down. A menu might appear onscreen with mode oltions.

dlubrano

Agent
Real Name
Dave
I selected the music button and options button. It still stays in stereo, I can see all the speakers but only the front left and right on during the internet modes.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Do you accidentally have Zone 2 turned on and on the net?No AVR will use more than two in the main zone...unless all channel stereo(whatever Denon calls that) is selectedAnd you are pushing the red button marked "music" in the sound mode area...???

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
If you hold down any of the sound field buttons you should get an on screen menu with choices that you can scroll through. It's probably defaulted to stereo only and if you just press the music button it's going to just stay on stereo. Holding it down long enough is the key. Even if you don't get the on screen menu you can still cycle through the different options after you hold it down by pressing it quickly after "unlocking" it with a long press.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks