- View New Content
- Blu-ray, DVD, Streaming Video and Digital Downloads
- Home Theater Hardware
- Theaters, Remotes and Accessories
- Equipment Reviews
- DVD & Blu-ray Reviews
- Other Diversions
- Bargains and Deals
- Feedback and Testing
- Latest Blu-ray Deals
- Shop Amazon & Support HTF
- Theater Photos
DVD & Blu-ray Reviews
- Equipment Reviews
Blu-ray Release Listings
- Shop Amazon
- Support HTF
Soundbar w/ Bluetooth Headphone Support
1 reply to this topic
Posted June 27 2014 - 09:06 AM
I'm trying to solve two problems at once, preferably with one product:
1. I'm looking for a sound bar for my new TV. It doesn't have to be fancy or powerful - I don't like loud sound and am not an audiophile. I just want something that sounds better than my TV's rear-facing speakers which are so bad I often need to use subtitles, even for things in American English. Ideally I would like it to be nice looking and low profile - appearance is more important than sound quality for me.
2. I live in an open loft-style space. Often my wife is doing work at home and she requires absolute silence in the entire apartment, so I would like to get some wireless / bluetooth headphones. Again, they don't have to be fancy, just sound decent.
Is anyone aware of a product that integrates both? Ideally, what I would be looking for would be a sound bar that serves as the connection point for the headphones where you can just hit a button and the sound will switch from the bar to the headphones. I know there are a lot of sound bars that can RECEIVE a Bluetooth signal from a phone, iPod, etc., but I want one that can send to headphones. If something like this doesn't exist, can someone suggest a pair of products that would allow me to accomplish this. I'd ideally like to spend $250 total on this.
Posted June 30 2014 - 09:23 AM
What's interesting is that a lot of these sound bars and home theater in a box systems
incorporate Bluetooth technology to carry their signal.
I am just not certain whether you can tap into it with your phone or a wireless headset.
I would think the system needs to have the ability to "pair" with specific accessories.
I am at a loss to give you an answer -- though I completely understand your need for one.
Hopefully one of our members will have a more qualified answer than I can provide.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users