-

Photo
- - - - -

The Exorcist: The Complete Anthology (1973-2005) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Warner

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 of 57 John Maher_289910

John Maher_289910

Second Unit

• 285 posts

Posted June 25 2014 - 04:01 PM

Linda Blair does the best acting in 2.  Not sure what the hell everyone else thought they were doing?!

#42 of 57 darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 807 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 25 2014 - 04:10 PM

Linda Blair does the best acting in 2.  Not sure what the hell everyone else thought they were doing?!

You're kidding right, the first was her best, the second she seemed to be channling Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver in some of those outfits.

#43 of 57 John Maher_289910

John Maher_289910

Second Unit

• 285 posts

Posted June 25 2014 - 06:30 PM

You're kidding right, the first was her best, the second she seemed to be channling Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver in some of those outfits.

Not kidding.  I'm not implying the film is any good, because it couldn't be worse.  I'm saying that she's the best thing in it.

#44 of 57 Worth

Worth

Screenwriter

• 1,125 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 10:28 AM

POPULAR

Exorcist II is a terrible movie, but it's bad in an interesting way. I can't imagine we'll ever see anything as bonkers as that from a major studio again.

• ScottDombrowski, TravisR and Brian McP like this
Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.

#45 of 57 Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,213 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 01:15 PM

"...but it's bad in an interesting way"

I kinda like this comment. I mean sometimes it's true that even when the film is pretty bad, it can still be at least interesting. Or it can have good moments.

I'm hyped, since I haven't seen the sequels in years. Can't remember much from 2&3 actually. Starting from pt.1, though. Perhaps w audio commentary this time.

#46 of 57 Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,485 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 01:40 PM

I've only ever seen the original Exorcist (both versions), and the more recent prequels (which I saw more out of curiosity to see the differences between Paul Schrader and Renny Harlin's approach to the material), but I've never seen the middle sequels.

Tempted to purchase, but I realize there's no way I'll watch these more than once, so maybe a future rental is in order.  My inner collector appreciates that there's finally a release that puts these all together in one place.

#47 of 57 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,612 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 01:44 PM

POPULAR

Tempted to purchase, but I realize there's no way I'll watch these more than once, so maybe a future rental is in order.  My inner collector appreciates that there's finally a release that puts these all together in one place.

...and at $25 for the whole shebang!

I don't think I will ever watch any of the films outside of the original, but the
collector in me is also pining to pick this up...for completion sake...and the 
cheap price tag.

• Josh Steinberg, ahollis and Brian McP like this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#48 of 57 Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,485 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 04:30 PM

...and at $25 for the whole shebang!

I don't think I will ever watch any of the films outside of the original, but the
collector in me is also pining to pick this up...for completion sake...and the 
cheap price tag.

That's my constant inner struggle... nice looking packaging, the original is undeniably a classic, and the whole set is at a price that a few years ago, I would have been tempted.  I just don't have the space anymore to keep collecting without end... unpacking my new apartment this week, I already found that I've outgrown my shelves...and there's not much room to add any more!

I've still been buying the new titles I want right away, but for upgrades and catalog titles (excluding limited edition titles where the only way to guarantee a copy is to order right away), I've started asking myself "Do you feel like watching this movie this week?" and if the answer is "no", holding off.

Never would have imagined that space would become an issue before money!

(Still -- am curious to maybe try an Exorcist marathon around Halloween.  And having never seen Exorcist III and reading some really positive comments here, I'm suddenly a lot more interested than I've ever been.)

#49 of 57 hanshotfirst1138

hanshotfirst1138

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 06:02 PM

Was there ever an audiobook version of Legion? Sigh, I guess all of Kermode's efforts are in vain and that missing footage from III is to remain eternally lost, always to be just the disc, the trailer, and nothing else. And I'm betting that in terms of extras, the studios won't want to talk about their mucking with it.

#50 of 57 Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname

Second Unit

• 285 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 06:03 PM

The price is great...

...I would jump on this....

...but the other movies just aren't any good.

I already own the original Director's Cut (Version You Never Saw) release.

Ditto. However, it's been years since I've seen any of the others.

I might go for this set. I also have The Version You've Never Seen Digibook, so gotta give this one some thought. Excellent price, so it's not easy to resist...........

#51 of 57 Mark B

Mark B

Supporting Actor

• 724 posts
  • LocationSaranac Lake, NY

Posted June 26 2014 - 09:30 PM

There's no denying EXORCIST II is not a good film...however it IS one that I never tire of watching. There is something that inexplicably draws me back for repeated viewings.
  • ScottDombrowski likes this

#52 of 57 Reed Grele

Reed Grele

Supporting Actor

• 971 posts
  • LocationBeacon Falls, CT

Posted June 26 2014 - 10:08 PM

POPULAR

Exorcist III: The first time I saw hospital scene, the hair on the back of my neck stood up. It still creeps me out to this day.

I'll be pre-ordering this. :)

• Neil Middlemiss, Mark_TB and John Hermes like this

#53 of 57 John Sparks

John Sparks

Supporting Actor

• 819 posts
  • LocationI.E., CA

Posted June 27 2014 - 06:07 PM

I just preordered it and found out it won't be out until late Sept. and I ordered another disc with it that's available now...I hate doing that.

...retired at last...and Ray Harryhausen at my side!!!

My equipment consists of:

Epson 9500 UB PJ; 110" JKP Affinity Screen; Panasonic BD30 Player; Toshiba HDA1 Player; Definitive Speakers(center, towers, rear); Onkyo 608 A/V Receiver; Nevo Q50 Remote; TWC HD Cable Box.

#54 of 57 Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd

Screenwriter

• 1,695 posts

Posted June 28 2014 - 05:55 AM

Exorcist III is a great film that was damaged by the studio on its way to the theaters. The forced exorcism angle toward the end of the film derails the tense, eerie, atmospheric supernatural serial killer film that unspools up to that point. Still, I consider it a flawed masterpiece and a worthy companion to the original film. If you're interested in what it could have been, the source novel, Legion, is a cracking good read. 

---------------------------------------------
Support Film Preservation before it's too late!
---------------------------------------------

#55 of 57 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,265 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted August 31 2014 - 11:52 AM

Via Reddit:

EhlHNoz.jpg

Awesome!

http://www.reddit.co...d_after_makeup/

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#56 of 57 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,178 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted August 31 2014 - 01:39 PM

I look at that house and those steps, all day out of my window at work.

Have the steps become ordinary for you, or can they still creep you out?

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#57 of 57 Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted August 31 2014 - 06:32 PM

Its a painfully steep walk up those steps I tell ya...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users