What's new

I did two new celebrity interviews this month... (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
As I mentioned earlier in the year, I'm now writing for the website Pop Geeks, and for them, I've continued to do the celebrity interviews I did for RetroJunk. This month, I did interviews with two talented and lovely performers, actress Teresa Ganzel and rocker Lita Ford. Both interviews were done on the phone, as I've been doing since my later days on RetroJunk.

Take a look at them and tell me what you think.

Here's the Teresa Ganzel interview: http://popgeeks.net/2014/06/11/pop-geeks-flashback-interview-teresa-ganzel/

And here's the Lita Ford interview: http://popgeeks.net/2014/06/23/pop-geeks-flashback-interview-lita-ford/

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Knowing my love of 80s pop culture, do any of you have suggestions for people I could send interview requests to in the future?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Hi,

Congrats! I read the T Ganzel interview and enjoyed it. I only remembered her from the Tea Time sketches and it was interesting learning more about her career and how varied it has been. I'd never made the connection that she was in "The Toy" (a very funny movie). Working with Gleason and Pryor had to be a thrill.

I'm not familiar with the other person but I'll check out that article too.
As for suggestions, how about Bernie Kopell? Loved him in Get Smart and of course the 80s was the era of "Love Boat". He probably has some great stories to tell considering how many people he worked with.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
John,
Great job on both the interviews, I really liked them both.

My Idea for someone to contact is Rick Astley. I'd like to hear/read, more in depth, his thoughts on the whole "Rick-Roll" phenomenon, and how it has affected him. You know, what his life was like before it started, and and how it's been changed. It may be too soon for that, but.....

Or, maybe Lorna Patterson, from Pvt. Benjamin. I sort of wonder what she's been doing since the 80s.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Thanks for the praise. As for the suggestions: I tend to interview performers whose work I've either seen a lot of or heard a lot from, and I can't say that I've seen enough of Bernie Kopell's work to ask good questions for him. Rick Astley might be a good possibility, but that would most likely entail calling England, and my brother was upset when I did that for the Samantha Fox interview I did for RetroJunk in 2012. Lorna Patterson I'm familiar with from "Airplane!", but I'd have to do more research on her career.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I've asked several of my Facebook friends for suggestions as well. I should start making a list.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hi John glad to see you're still doing something you obviously enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks