What's new

Daktari Season 3 (1 Viewer)

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
Thanks for the heads-up. Being a UK citizen, I shall be getting this set from Amazon.de (Germany), now up for pre-order, because like the previous two seasons I purchased from them, the set will be on proper pressed DVDs, PAL format and Region 2 along with English language.

The US R1 discs I take it will be on those dreaded DVD-R On-Demand discs like seasons 1 and 2 before it.

If only Amazon.de, or even here in the UK, could get the Ron Ely Tarzan sets on proper DVDs as well.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
My Daktari Season 3 R1 set is on pressed discs and I ordered it about three weeks ago from WB Shop.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
Aren't they only available on pressed discs direct from WA for a short while though like a lot of their other titles?

How many people actually go direct to WA? Only the minority group of collectors and fans of classic TV who are in the know about such things. For the masses, it's inferior On-Demand DVD-R.

If you go to Amazon (US), you will find that season 3 is only available on DVD-R. Just like season 1 and 2 and their Tarzan sets along with many other classic shows. It's in fairly small print and many people do not understand the difference between the two types of disc.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
stringbean said:
Aren't they only available on pressed discs direct from WA for a short while though like a lot of their other titles?

How many people actually go direct to WA? Only the minority group of collectors and fans of classic TV who are in the know about such things. For the masses, it's inferior On-Demand DVD-R.

If you go to Amazon (US), you will find that season 3 is only available on DVD-R. Just like season 1 and 2 and their Tarzan sets along with many other classic shows. It's in fairly small print and many people do not understand the difference between the two types of disc.
You are are correct, but I just wanted to mention that there is a way to get the pressed discs at this point in time for Daktari Season 3. My understanding is that at some point, if WBShop runs out of the pressed discs, they will then only be available as DVD-Rs. AFAIK Amazon only has them available as DVD-Rs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks