Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Last Ship (TNT)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 of 74 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,933 posts

Posted August 25 2014 - 04:11 PM

Finished up the final two episodes a little while ago.  As others have observed, the series finale does a nice job of subverting expectations.  Good observation about Titus Welliver's character not ok'ing the shot with Chandler in the line of fire.

Pretty obvious, but Tex is probably going to be the wild card that no one takes into account during season two.  Looking forward to the return in 2015.

- Walter.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#62 of 74 OFFLINE   Mark_B

Mark_B

Second Unit

• 290 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted August 26 2014 - 02:49 AM

They said right at the end of the show it comes back summer of 2015.

Did it actually say summer? I thought it just said 2015, which would put it in line with most of their shows except Falling Skies as mentioned  

#63 of 74 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,632 posts

Posted August 26 2014 - 03:36 AM

Loved the wrap for this season. Can't help it but the place where the RIBs landed - no where in Baltimore harbor would you find this.  In one shot I saw a dumpster stenciled "Al Larson Boat Shop" which happens to be in San Pedro, CA.

It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

#64 of 74 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,264 posts

Posted August 26 2014 - 06:48 PM

Here is my one super duper dense question of the season. 

Are the Russians truly out of the picture? Ship heavily damaged, lost loads of crewmembers, but could they re-appear later, just massively pissed off?It's a stretch, but you never know. 

Stan

#65 of 74 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,933 posts

Posted August 26 2014 - 07:22 PM

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(242,242,242);]Are the Russians truly out of the picture? Ship heavily damaged, lost loads of crewmembers, but could they re-appear later, just massively pissed off?[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(242,242,242);]We saw patient zero out and about amongst the crew, so I would imagine that most of the crew of the Russian ship are going to succumb to the 'red flu'.  I had assumed that we would be seeing some remnant of the Russians, with patient zero being crucial to finding a cure but since that appears to no longer be the case, we may be done with that particular ship and crew.   Or are we? :)[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(242,242,242);]- Walter.[/color]

#66 of 74 OFFLINE   pip89

pip89

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted August 27 2014 - 11:09 PM

Little late to the discussion and new to the board but HEY! I started watching this on demand and then caught up about episode 3 then started rushing home every sunday night after work to catch the newest episodes. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cast. I loved Eric Dane in Greys Anatomy OMG *faints* and he is even better in this. Love the XO's character a lot too. One of my favorite parts is the whole kara/danny thing.I can't wait till we get to see how they build on that. The whole secret relationship. I've seen every episode already, loved the finale....well its a love hate relationship. I wish this wasn't just a summer series. It'd be nice to have something to watch all fall and such. I haven't gotten into a tv show this much since xfiles and ER... Anyways I can't wait till it comes back on I know they'll figure it out but who and what will they lose along the way...I want to see more development between kara and danny. 

Can someone tell me how to do the spoiler thingy? 

Unless life also gives you water and sugar your lemonade is going to suck. - Grumpy Cat

#67 of 74 OFFLINE   pip89

pip89

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted August 27 2014 - 11:14 PM

I've been really enjoying this show -- I almost didn't start watching it since I have so much on my viewing plate.  I told my friend at work to watch but it wasn't her type, though her husband likes it.  There's things I could nitpik at, but I like the characters and their interactions.  I also find the patriotism of the show very moving.

The patriotism gets me too. 

I loved when they took Chandler and Tex captive and Chandler refused to work with them. When he kept repeating that same line I seriously clapped like a special baby seal in a pool of fish. LOL 

Unless life also gives you water and sugar your lemonade is going to suck. - Grumpy Cat

#68 of 74 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,933 posts

Posted August 28 2014 - 05:21 AM

Shelby, welcome to the HTF.  To enter spoiler text into a post use this formatting:

[spoiler]Super secret stuff[ /spoiler]

Just remove the leading space in front of the forward slash and you are good to go.

- Walter.

#69 of 74 OFFLINE   Dheiner

Dheiner

Gazoo

• 2,063 posts
  • Location'skonsen

Posted August 28 2014 - 06:01 AM

clapped like a special baby seal in a pool of fish

I'm stealing that.

And "Welcome Aboard".

The Green Bay Packers
13-Time National Football League Champions: 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, & 2010

#70 of 74 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,667 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 04:07 AM

I enjoyed the first season.  I bet a lot of people who were watching the show were wondering what would be left once they found the vaccine.  Them finding a cure made it seem even more problematic.  As we saw from the last episode there are a lot of story possibilities.  

While watching the series I couldn't help but thinking of the B5 spinoff Crusade.  That series was also going to have a lot of story left once the cure for the Drakh plague was found.  [Just went back to the first page and saw JoshEH's mention of Crusade.]

#71 of 74 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,264 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 04:24 AM

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(242,242,242);]We saw patient zero out and about amongst the crew, so I would imagine that most of the crew of the Russian ship are going to succumb to the 'red flu'.  I had assumed that we would be seeing some remnant of the Russians, with patient zero being crucial to finding a cure but since that appears to no longer be the case, we may be done with that particular ship and crew.   Or are we? :)[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(242,242,242);]- Walter.[/color]

Patient zero was out, but makes me wonder. Was that a little bit of what is properly called "foreshadowing"?

Could be meaningless, or leaves a nice big possibility for more stories in the future. :P 

Stan

#72 of 74 OFFLINE   doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor

• 828 posts
  • LocationMackenzie, BC, Canada

Posted September 09 2014 - 09:19 PM

Dang!  Was hoping that wasn't the finale..  Good one, though..  :)

#73 of 74 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,919 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 04 2015 - 03:17 PM

Trailer and poster for Season 2 (premiering June 21):

LastShip_S02_001.jpg

#74 of 74 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,714 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted April 04 2015 - 03:34 PM

Nice trailer -- very much looking forward to this show's return after that great season finale. It looks like they manage to overcome the takeover of the ship somehow, and I'm wondering how Alfre Woodard's character will factor into all this.

Also, great to see John Pyper-Ferguson's continued survival.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users