• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 of 59 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,266 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 04 2014 - 06:16 PM

Even though last night's episode was the worst of the season. :-)

You said it. Dull almost from beginning to end.

#42 of 59 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,009 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 04 2014 - 06:34 PM

Yeah, that episode was just setup for the last three.

#43 of 59 OFFLINE   Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,081 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted August 05 2014 - 04:24 AM

I'll trade that for some kind of an explanation of how Eric survived bursting into flames at the end of last year. Since the season is half over and it hasn't even been commented on, I'm beginning to wonder if the writers are just pretending like it didn't happen.

Ok Im only up to Ep 5, but I think the explanation was given - Didn't Eric say he started an avalanche in Sweden, the implication being he got covered in snow and protected ?

Terrible resolution I agree given it is just sort of a throwaway line in one of the episodes, but I think that is what we are supposed to think.

#44 of 59 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,009 posts

Posted August 05 2014 - 04:34 AM

Ok Im only up to Ep 5, but I think the explanation was given - Didn't Eric say he started an avalanche in Sweden, the implication being he got covered in snow and protected ?

Terrible resolution I agree given it is just sort of a throwaway line in one of the episodes, but I think that is what we are supposed to think.

That's what I was thinking at first too but what he said doesn't really go with my memory of what was shown last season. If I remember correctly, he was burning up so badly that you could see his skeleton and he was on a peak with no mountains around to cover him in an avalanche so I thought he was lying about the avalanche to cover up what really happened. At this point, I doubt that's the case and they just cheated to get out of the cliffhanger.

#45 of 59 OFFLINE   Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,081 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted August 05 2014 - 04:43 AM

I just watched that - he is burning and screaming as the camera pulls back fast, but that's it and the lack of close up means u knew he would survive - the explanation given is pretty much what they are going with I suspect :)

#46 of 59 OFFLINE   Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,081 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted August 05 2014 - 04:44 AM

It's deep snow why not just dig a hole really fast ? :)
  • TravisR and joshEH like this

#47 of 59 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,009 posts

Posted August 05 2014 - 05:02 AM

It's deep snow why not just dig a hole really fast ? :)

Eric's the coolest character on the show so when I first saw that scene, I was saying "Quick! Dig a hole, dude! Hide under the snow!" :)

#48 of 59 OFFLINE   Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,081 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted August 05 2014 - 11:03 AM

Ok all caught up - so how many cameos is that now ? Just waiting for the inevitable Russell Edgington cameo.

#49 of 59 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,506 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted August 11 2014 - 08:40 AM

It was nice they didn't drag out the whole Violet thing. It would have been odd given she's a character only introduced towards the end of last season. The "Hoyt ex machina" was a surprise, but not necessarily the most original solution.

If last week was merely set up for the final episodes, last night's was about tying up loose ends in character relationships, mainly Tara and her mom, Jess and Jason, and Hoyt and Jason.

The final push seems to be about Bill and Sookie, which makes sense from a thematic standpoint, coming back to how it all started. But their relationship is so played out that's probably the least interesting part of the show now, but ironically the one the finale will focus on (somewhat by necessity).

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#50 of 59 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,266 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 11 2014 - 12:46 PM

Yes, some story threads were tied up or certainly were beginning to be sorted out, but I still found it only marginally involving.

#51 of 59 OFFLINE   Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,081 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted August 18 2014 - 09:56 AM

Apart from the inevitable pairing of certain characters, I enjoyed this one a lot more with a nice ending for the finale. That said, I somehow think Bill will get cured to save Sookie in the end and then leave. 

It's a shame this series has been so unfocused really but its been fairly watchable at least.

#52 of 59 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,266 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:25 PM

There were some heartfelt speeches between many characters in this episode, so even if it was lacking in excitement (except for the very end, of course), it still held my interest because I have grown to care about many of these folks as they struggle to adapt to their current situations.

• Mark Walker likes this

#53 of 59 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,506 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted August 24 2014 - 10:33 AM

"...so do you think you could come and get me?"

"Sure, but who is this?"

:lol:

The Hoyt, Jessica, Jason, Brigette quadrangle was actually pretty entertaining and had some nice emotional notes.

And Jason could probably teach vamps a few things about glamouring.

#54 of 59 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,009 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 06:46 PM

I basically liked it. Since it's the finale, I'll spoiler-ize the specifics.

Spoiler

#55 of 59 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,266 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 25 2014 - 04:43 AM

Apart from the Eric and Pam resolution, I found this last episode rather underwhelming. Stretched to 70 minutes, there was about fifteen or twenty minutes of actual story. The wedding took forever and Bill and Sookie's encounters were SO slowly paced that they seemed to drag.

#56 of 59 OFFLINE   Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,081 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted August 25 2014 - 02:20 PM

TravisR, thats exactly what I was thinking was going to happen, but I thought the actual resolution they went with was fine too.

To be honest the finale was pretty much the same as all of Season 7 - watchable, some good moments, but generally the whole thing has run out of steam and it is past time to finish. The wrap up to the Bill/Sookie plot line was well done this episode, thought the abrupt way they ended up together again near the end of the season kind of lessens the impact. To me, they could easily have wrapped things up in Season 6 and I do think Season 7 has been the weakest year overall. The right time to end it certainly. Season 3 was my favourite I think

#57 of 59 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,019 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted August 25 2014 - 03:04 PM

I was like: "...Oh, come on. Is she really going to do this?  We've seen vampires die. They explode all over. She'll be cleaning out bits of Bill out of her ladybits for a while."

Then, sure enough, it happened.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#58 of 59 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,009 posts

Posted August 25 2014 - 03:09 PM

Season 3 was my favourite I think

I loved the second season when there was orgies, people eating blood pie and Michelle Forbes.

• joshEH likes this

#59 of 59 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,506 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted August 28 2014 - 08:56 PM

For a moment I was moved by the notion of Sookie killing Bill with her light ball, but then they went the other route and the gore became a distraction from the poignancy. 

Did anyone else feel bad for Sarah Newlin? I know she was supposed to be this horrible person and all, but I felt they could have done something more than just what Pam said she'd do with her. It was disappointing for the lack of creativity and the unavoidable sense of cruelty. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users