What's new

Thinking about painting my wall. (1 Viewer)

Boochy33

Grip
Real Name
Michael
So I've been weighing the pros/cons of a screen versus just painting the wall, and the wife and I have decided to paint. What are the popular color/paint choices? We will be putting a black border around it whenever we are done. The wall is currently a light green with dark brown hardwood floors and a white ceiling.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That S-W paint is known. The only other ones to consider are Behr and Valspar.Home Depot and Lowes(at least near me) have people that know this rodeo well.Don't forget the walls, and most important, ceiling. Dark browns and red(burgundy) work best.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way...If you end up going more grey, you can do in-Wall speakers. It will take days of trial and error getting fabric to match your chosen paint. Friend of mine did that. The "projected seamlessness" took him a month to achieve. The fabric only covers the grills, each speaker is 6x8.

Jim517

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
The color of your screen(white or a shade of gray) depends on your room.Will you watch during the day and night?During daylight, do you have an ambient light problem?Do you watch with the lights on? BAD if you're using a projector.What color will your ceiling be?

Boochy33

Grip
Real Name
Michael
Jim517 said:
The color of your screen(white or a shade of gray) depends on your room.Will you watch during the day and night? a little of both, but mostly night.During daylight, do you have an ambient light problem? Somewhat, but I can close the blinds if need be. Do you watch with the lights on? BAD if you're using a projector. Nope. What color will your ceiling be? ceiling is currently white, and the walls are sage(light green).

Jim517

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Based on your current room, I would go with a light gray screen. If you painted ceiling a dark color, I would go with a white screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks