Posted Image

–Masters of Sex:Season 1– 2013

Posted Image

–Winter's Tale – 2014

Posted Image

– Blood Ties – 2013 

The Prices
Posted Image
Clickon the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable linkon a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
300: Rise of an Empire $17.99 $17.99 $16.99
Afternoon of a Faun $25.46
The Beatles: A Hard Day’s Night $14.98
Blood Ties $16.98
The Boondocks: The Complete Fourth Season $27.99 $24.99 $24.99
Boondocks, The [Complete Series] $61.89 $54.99
The Bridge: Season One $24.99 $24.99
The Chef, the Actor and the Scoundrel $22.98
Deadly Revenge $22.46
Duck Dynasty: Season 5 $12.99 $11.99
Enemy $12.99
FrackNation $22.93
I Spy: The Complete Series $110.49
Lost Girl: Season 4 $34.99
Mama’s Family: The CompleteFourth Season $14.96
Masters Of Sex: Season One $31.99 $31.99 $29.99
My Favorite Martian: Season 1[Collector's Edition] $33.98
NYPD Blue: Season Six  $29.74
Repentance $16.99
Unforgettable: Season Two $53.98
When Calls the Heart: A Telling Silence  [Exclusivelyat Wal-Mart]
When Calls the Heart: Lost & Found  [Exclusivelyat Wal-Mart]
Winter's Tale $16.99 $17.99
Witches of East End: The Complete FirstSeason $19.96
Wolf Creek 2 $11.99

Posted Image
Click on theAmazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickablelink on a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
300:Rise of an Empire [Combo Pack] $19.99 $19.99 $22.99
300: Rise of an Empire 3D [Combo Pack] $27.98 $24.99 $27.99
The Beatles: A Hard Day’s Night $27.59
BloodTies   $13.54
The Bridge: Season One $44.98 $29.99
The Chef, the Actor and the Scoundrel $25.48
Duck Dynasty: Season 5 $15.49 $12.99
Enemy   $19.99
FrackNation $25.48
Lost Girl: Season 4 $42.48
Masters Of Sex: Season One $36.99 $36.99 $34.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation– Chain of Command $16.29 $14.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation– Season Six $74.79 $57.99
Winter's Tale [Combo Pack] $24.99 $22.99
Wolf Creek 2 [Combo Pack] $16.49

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer:All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from theirprinted Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by eachchain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the websiteprice.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week inthe RoundUp.The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well asthose which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers(and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this,and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don'tcomplain! If there is a title not includedin the RoundUp that youwant to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough topost and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp.They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, sothere is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR localWal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still outof business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their pricesanyway).

The Specials

--AtBest Buy, this week, get a FREE $5 GIFTCARD with the purchase ofMasters of Sex: Season 1. 

--BestBuy also has an EXCLUSIVE "Huey" T-SHIRT with their DVD copies of TheBoondocks: Season 4.

--Thefollowing releases are on sale this week at Best Buy (all DVDunless otherwisenoted):

$6.99:  300(Blu - steelbook packaging).

$17.99: The LEGO Movie (2-disc SE)

$19.99: The LEGO Movie (Blu Combo Pack)

$32.99: True Detective: S1

$39.99: True Detective: S1 (Blu)

$44.99: The LEGO Movie (3-D Blu Combo Pack)

--Save$5 at Best Buy when you buy BOTH Transformers: Rise of the Dark Sparkvideo game AND any Transformers Blu-ray.

Thefollowing titles are all onsale:

$9.99: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Blu), Transformers: Revengeof the Fallen (Blu)

$19.99: Transformers: The Original Trilogy (Blu)

$29.99: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (3DS)

$49.99: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (X360/PS3/WiiU)

$59.99: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark  (PS4/XB1)

--Andyou can get up to $8 in MOVIE MONEY at Best Buy with the purchase ofselect titles to see Transformers: Age of Extinction, in theaters June27, 2014.  Offer expires in stores 7-26-14.Code must beactivated by 7-31-14.  Certificate expires 7-31-14 or wheneverthe film stops playing in theaters (whichever comes first).  

--BestBuy Odds and Ends: None to report.

--Targetthis week has anEXCLUSIVE BLU RELEASE of Masters of Sex: Season 1.  Just notsure what it is.  The mind races with possibilities. None of which involve Market Pantry water.

--Targethas the following Blu releases on sale this week for $19.99: Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, Hercules (3-D Blu CP), more instore. 

--Target Odds and Ends: Lists of DVDs for $5, $8, and $16.99.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thanks Mike. I cancelled my Next Gen preorders with Amazon earlier this week. I'm not going to gamble they're going to price match BB on this one (they didn't with the last Trek release). I'm perfectly happy taking some time at lunch on Tuesday to walk to the store to get them.

Otherwise, that's about it. 300 at some point down the road, but not now.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Jason_V said:
Thanks Mike. I cancelled my Next Gen preorders with Amazon earlier this week. I'm not going to gamble they're going to price match BB on this one (they didn't with the last Trek release). I'm perfectly happy taking some time at lunch on Tuesday to walk to the store to get them.
I just canceled my preorder with Amazon for the same reason. Many of my favorite episodes are in Season 6 and I can't wait to get my hands on it, so I'm probably going to swing by Best Buy on my way to work Tuesday to pick up the TNG releases.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
It looks like the only thing that I want this week is Star Trek: TNG season 6. I'll have to swing by Best Buy on Tuesday and pick up a copy.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
One of the softer weeks release-wise. Not much here apart from A Hard Day's Night that would catch my attention.

Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll pick up Masters Of Sex: Season One this week. I'm sure that makes me sound like a pervert but even if the show didn't have nudity, it would still be an excellent series.

I'll get A Hard Day's Night during the Barnes And Noble sale or if Costco ends up stocking it this week.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
And an additional 10% off if you are a B&N member and pick it up at the store. Kind of covers the tax charge.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
My wife and I loved Winter's Tale at the theater, so I'll be picking that up, and probably ST-TNG:S6..

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I should have my review of A Hard Day's Night up later this evening (it just needs to get posted, but I've got to run to work), but can say that it is highly recommended.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
And you can get up to $8 in MOVIE MONEY at Best Buy with the purchase of select titles to see Transformers: Age of Extinction, in theaters June 27, 2014

Since when did the DVD makers stop putting a whole ticket and only start subsidizing part of the movie ticket? There's been a whole bunch of movies I picked up that I probably wouldnt have if there hadnt been a freebie cross promotion inside. But now, with them only covering 8 bucks for what is sure to be a terrible, terrible movie - I find myself passing these gimmicks up more and more.

Hell, I only got suckered into Robocop because - well, there was no way I was not buying that awesome flick. But otherwise, I'd have skipped it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Tony J Case said:
Since when did the DVD makers stop putting a whole ticket and only start subsidizing part of the movie ticket? There's been a whole bunch of movies I picked up that I probably wouldnt have if there hadnt been a freebie cross promotion inside. But now, with them only covering 8 bucks for what is sure to be a terrible, terrible movie - I find myself passing these gimmicks up more and more.Hell, I only got suckered into Robocop because - well, there was no way I was not buying that awesome flick. But otherwise, I'd have skipped it.
Been that way for Years, some of them are only $7.50 and most seem to have been 10 until recently when the number moved to 8

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Tony J Case said:
Since when did the DVD makers stop putting a whole ticket and only start subsidizing part of the movie ticket? There's been a whole bunch of movies I picked up that I probably wouldnt have if there hadnt been a freebie cross promotion inside. But now, with them only covering 8 bucks for what is sure to be a terrible, terrible movie - I find myself passing these gimmicks up more and more.

Hell, I only got suckered into Robocop because - well, there was no way I was not buying that awesome flick. But otherwise, I'd have skipped it.
And most are only for certain theater chains. Movie Money is usually worthless to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks