What's new

Looking to upgrade my Denon AVR-2807 (1 Viewer)

Rod Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rod
I've had it for years, but really need more HDMI inputs. I'd also like to keep at least one component in. I don't care about 3D anything.

I just started my search and found the HK 1565, but not sure how it compares to the 2807. My budget is $400 or less, $300 being my preferred price point.

My current speaker setup is two massive Audio Labs for LR. Center, surrounds and sub are all Engery speakers bought when I initially got into home theater about 12? years ago. Let's put it this way, I remember posting a lot on here when I started getting into HT, but none of my posts show up in search. :eek:

Any suggestions, or comments on the 1565?

Thanks!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If you want that component video handed off to the HDMI (HDMI upconversion) I don't think the 1565 does that...make sure.Besides the E400/X1000 should be around that price.And why the massive step down?

Rod Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rod
Not meaning to step down...just started looking. *shrug* Haven't had to spec out receivers in years, which is why I'm asking about them here. :)

Is the E400/X1000 (looking into them now) a massive step down from what I have now as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks