-

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: Mr. Peabody & Sherman (3D Blu-ray Combo) (Blu-ray Combo)

Fox BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,954 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 08:43 AM

img1.jpg

“Smart, Funny and Fun”

– Sam Rubin, KTLA-TV

FROM THE CREATORS OF THE CROODS AND HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 

title.jpg

FROM THE CREATORS OF THE CROODS AND HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 

LOS ANGELES, CA – Unleash the fun at home with the hilarious comedy-adventure, DreamWorks Animation’s MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN!  Mr. Peabody (Ty Burrell) is an inventor, scientist and genius who just happens to be a dog. With his son Sherman, he will embark on the most extraordinary adventure imaginable as they race against time to repair history and save the future. “Heartfelt and snappy” (Jessica Herndon, Associated Press), MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN has been hailed by critics as “a great adventure for the entire family” (Mike Wilbur, NBC Newschannel), receiving outstanding audience reaction and a coveted “A” CinemaScore®.

Directed by Rob Minkoff (THE LION KING, STUART LITTLE) and from the team behind family favorite franchises THE CROODS and HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON, MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN is “fun” and “fast moving” (A.O. Scott, The New York Times) and features hilarious performances from an incredible voice cast of popular stars including Ty Burrell, Ariel Winter, Stephen Colbert, Leslie Mann, Max Charles, Patrick Warburton and Allison Janney.

MR. PEABODY AND SHERMAN is based upon the beloved characters that first appeared in in the late 1950s and early 1960s animated television series “Rocky and His Friends” and “The Bullwinkle Show,” produced by Jay Ward.

Sit back and go WABAC to experience the ultimate joy ride and loads of laughs when MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN arrives on Digital HD on September 23 and on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™ and DVD on October 14. Jay Ward fans will want to get the 3D Blu-ray™ release which has everything for enthusiasts to celebrate the Jay Ward legacy including a 5-minute All New Rocky & Bullwinkle short and several original TV episodes.

DreamWorks Animation’s Mr. Peabody & Sherman Blu-ray™ Deluxe Edition 
The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Deluxe Edition includes:

Feature film in high definition

Blu-ray Exclusive Special Features:
  Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends Show – See the premiere episode of the original 1959 television show. 
  Mr. Peabody & Sherman Segments – Watch five segments from the original television series including “Robin Hood,” “Leonardo Da Vinci,” “Louis XVI,” “William Shakespeare,” and “Ludwig Van Beethoven.” 
  History’s Greatest Mysteries – A Dog and his Boy 
  Peabody’s Paw Print on History - We take part in the excitement as Mr. Peabody gets his pawprints in cement at the TCL Chinese Theatre. Cast members Ty Burrell (voice of “Mr. Peabody”) and Max Charles (voice of “Sherman”), join filmmakers Rob Minkoff (director), Alex Schwartz (producer) and Tiffany Ward (executive producer) for the festivities. Also on hand (or paw?) are some of Mr. Peabody’s very famous furry friends, including Lassie, Beethoven, Rin Tin Tin, and a very adorable dog named George Clooney.
  Time Travel Memory Match game
  The WABAC Jigsaw Puzzle game 

Additional Special Features:
  Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends Show – See the premiere episode of the original 1959 television show. 
  Mr. Peabody & Sherman Segments – Watch five segments from the original television series including “Robin Hood,” “Leonardo Da Vinci,” “Louis XVI,” “William Shakespeare,” and “Ludwig Van Beethoven.” 
  History’s Greatest Mysteries – A Dog and his Boy 
  Peabody’s Paw Print on History - We take part in the excitement as Mr. Peabody gets his pawprints in cement at the TCL Chinese Theatre. Cast members Ty Burrell (voice of “Mr. Peabody”) and Max Charles (voice of “Sherman”), join filmmakers Rob Minkoff (director), Alex Schwartz (producer) and Tiffany Ward (executive producer) for the festivities. Also on hand (or paw?) are some of Mr. Peabody’s very famous furry friends, including Lassie, Beethoven, Rin Tin Tin, and a very adorable dog named George Clooney.
  Time Travel Memory Match game
  The WABAC Jigsaw Puzzle game 

DreamWorks Animation’s Mr. Peabody & Sherman Blu-ray™ 3D Deluxe Edition 
The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Blu-ray™ 3D + Blu-ray™ + DVD + Digital Copy Deluxe Edition includes the following:

Feature film in high definition and 3D

Blu-ray 3D Exclusive Special Feature
  All New Rocky & Bullwinkle Adventure 

DreamWorks Animation’s Mr. Peabody & Sherman DVD 
The Mr. Peabody & Sherman single disc DVD includes:

Feature film in standard definition 

Special Features: 
  Tour of the WABAC Machine - Mr. Peabody, himself, takes us on an in-depth tour of the WABAC machine. He explains what many of the WABAC’s knobs, buttons, and gizmos do. Exactly what is a Pneumatic Dressilator? A hemidemisemiquavatron? And, those windshield wiper controls…how exactly do they help while speeding through the space-time continuum? Mr. Peabody explains it all! 
  Time Travel: Mad Science - We talk to real physicists Kenneth Wharton and Anthony Aguirre to find out if there is any possibility of time travel, and if so, how it would work. We explore the two time travel theories of the Block Universe and the Multi-Verse. We also learn why scientists think only forward time travel is possible, and how Einstein’s Theory of Relativity still determines how scientists imagine the possibilities of time travel. 
  Photo Gallery 
  Theatrical Trailer
  World of DreamWorks Animation – Music videos from your favorite DreamWorks Animation feature films
  Holiday Favorites – Sneak Peeks

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 812 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 20 2014 - 11:29 AM

I'll be getting this, it's nice to see that they included the first episode of The Rocky Show (before it became The Bullwinkle Show in 1961) as a feature as well as the new Rocky & Bullwinkle short.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,831 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted June 20 2014 - 11:49 AM

I saw this theatrically with the family and really enjoyed it.  Will be picking this one up for sure!

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   RJ992

RJ992

Stunt Coordinator

• 144 posts

Posted June 30 2014 - 09:38 AM

Haven't seen this, but as one who enjoyed the ROCKY & BULLWINKLE (2000) movie, I'll be picking this up. (nice that the new R&B short is in  3D as well!)

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 812 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 30 2014 - 12:30 PM

Haven't seen this, but as one who enjoyed the ROCKY & BULLWINKLE (2000) movie, I'll be picking this up. (nice that the new R&B short is in  3D as well!)

I too liked that movie, can't say much for Dudley Do-Right though. I have hope for this new R&B short, hopefully it's better than the recent Gieco commerical with them in it. Tom Kenny who voices SpongeBob is no Bill Scott. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=V4OSp_88SCE

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted June 30 2014 - 12:41 PM

This is Dreamwork's, i wonder if the 3D will be the usual high standard for them.

Is this based on USA character's because before this film came out i had never heard of any of them, i think this film flopped at the cinema when you look at how much it cost to make and promote, i think the reason for that is we haven't heard of the characters in Europe or dare i say the rest of the world outside the USA.  I'm hoping the 3D is very good on this one.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,266 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted June 30 2014 - 12:44 PM

This is Dreamwork's, i wonder if the 3D will be the usual high standard for them.

Is this based on USA character's because before this film came out i had never heard of any of them, i think this film flopped at the cinemas when you look at how much it cost to make and promote, i think the reason for that is we haven't heard of the characters in Europe or dare i say the rest of the world outside the USA.

Yes, part of a running series of cartoon shorts contained within the weekly TV show Rocky & His Friends which ran for five years in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Brilliant comedy with wit and satirical thrust, these programs have been favorites of American kids and adults for many decades.

• FoxyMulder likes this

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,007 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted June 30 2014 - 12:51 PM

Missed this in theatres, but it looks like a fun film. Will be picking up the 3D version.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 812 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 30 2014 - 01:00 PM

Is this based on USA character's because before this film came out i had never heard of any of them, i think this film flopped at the cinema when you look at how much it cost to make and promote, i think the reason for that is we haven't heard of the characters in Europe or dare i say the rest of the world outside the USA.  I'm hoping the 3D is very good on this one.

The UK hasn't heard of Rocky & Bullwinkle?  Kinda hard to believe that.

Yes, part of a running series of cartoon shorts contained within the weekly TV show Rocky & His Friends which ran for five years in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Brilliant comedy with wit and satirical thrust, these programs have been favorites of American kids and adults for many decades.

This series ran from 1959 till 1964. The first two seasons aired on NBC and was called Rock & His Friends and then on NBC for the last three seasons and was retitled The Bullwinkle Show. After the series ended in 1964 it went into syndication and continues to air this day.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted June 30 2014 - 01:09 PM

The UK hasn't heard of Rocky & Bullwinkle?  Kinda hard to believe that.

Sure i have heard of them but i hadn't heard of Mr Peabody and Sherman.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 812 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 30 2014 - 01:14 PM

Sure i have heard of them but i hadn't heard of Mr Peabody and Sherman.

Peabody and Sherman, as well as Dudley Do-Right and Fractured Fairy Tales were all part of The Rocky & Buillwinkle Show, they were in the middle of the show, as the actual R&B shorts were bookened.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users