Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Warner Bros Introduces Diamond Luxe Editions September 30th

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,544 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 05:24 AM

WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

INTRODUCES DIAMOND LUXE EDITIONS SEPT. 30

WBHE to offer new films in sleek

premium Blu-ray™ packaging

Burbank, Calif., June 20, 2014 – On September 30, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) will launch its new Diamond Luxe Editions – special new releases that will be offered in sleek and elegant collector-style packaging.

The releases selected to introduce the packaging will be two-disc sets of anniversary editions, alternate cuts and other signature titles – all of which will boast new or out­standing vintage bonus features.

The first group of Diamond Luxe Edition titles includes anniversary editions of The Green Mile, Gremlins, Natural Born Killers andForrest GumpBen-Hur will also be offered in a new Two-Disc Blu-ray™ edition. All are available for $24.98 SRP. Details follow in a day-and-date separate announcement, which is attached.

Diamond Luxe Editions represent state-of-the art-design, intended to communicate sophistication, class and value. They are an homage to the company’s iconic film catalog and designed to encourage collectability - a boon to home libraries everywhere.

The striking functional design is more sleek and durable than traditional Blu-ray packaging. As pictured below, a super-slim case, only ½”‘thin’ when completely closed, features an eye-catching photographic image and title treatment. The case opens into a two-fold with two additional impactful images and then again into four panels with a powerful panoramic photo and two slots for the discs…all folding neatly for easy storage.  Click here * for illustrated animation.  

Noted Jeff Baker, WBHE’s Theatrical Catalog EVP & GM, “While mainstream home entertainment packaged media may have peaked, there still is a substantial audience of movie enthusiasts for many titles from our theatrical library, the largest of any studio. These consumers demand not only extra features but also packaging that’s aesthetically pleasing and durable. We are looking forward in the future to judiciously releasing films utilizing this new and innovative packaging.”

WBHE, a trend setter with 13 consecutive years as the industry’s market share leader[1], is known for its award-winning packaging designs (most recently, it won The Hollywood Reporter ‘s 2013 Grand Key Art Award for Harry Potter Wizards Collection)The studio expects this new design to further solidify its key market segment of Blu-ray catalog sell-through, anticipating the attractive yet practical packaging will create a new brand identity and make a special impression with movie enthusiasts and collectors.

Blu-ray Disc™ and Blu-ray™ and the logos are the trademarks of Blu-ray Disc Association.

Warner Home Video Blu-ray Discs™ offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The format also provides a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees, as well as directly to consumers through WBShop.com and WBUltra.

* If the above hyperlink doesn’t work, please cut and paste the following link into your browser:http://edgecastcdn.net/00009B/NEO_PKG_ANIM/GREENMILE/GREENMILE_FNL_PREV.mp4

GREENMILE_ENDCARD_720p.jpg

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 18 ONLINE   Yorkshire

Yorkshire

Screenwriter

• 1,312 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 05:58 AM

Saints preserve us.

Well, as long as they put the extra money into releasing new titles.

Stevr W

Correct a fool and he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will thank you.

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell

Screenwriter

• 1,222 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 06:07 AM

POPULAR

Hey WB! I'd LOVE a Diamond Luxe Edition of Raintree County;)

• Mark Walker, john a hunter, Matt Hough and 4 others like this

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 879 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 06:14 AM

It's cheaper to repackage a previously released blu ray...than give film buffs NEW ( yes is said NEW) titles.   How many time will Warner continue to bilk the public of money through repackaging announcements.    I guess Warners feels that people really don't love films...they love to collect new covers.

Ken

#5 of 18 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,544 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 06:21 AM

Listen, I going to initially come off sounding negative...

These aren't new transfers from what I read.

They are basically taking transfers most of us already own, adding new

supplemental content and putting them in premium packaging.

I am trying to obtain sample artwork from the studio as I type this.

It's another attempt to regurgitate the same catalog releases.

However, on the upside, there is one or two titles I don't own and

the price of buying one of these sets should be about $20 given the

SRP is $24....

....that is, if they can be bought on Amazon.

If the packaging is that nice, and it's a valued title for the individual,

I am not totally against what Warner is doing here.

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,477 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA, USA

Posted June 20 2014 - 06:22 AM

POPULAR

This is kind of embarrassing to have a press release go over more about the packaging than the actual films.

• Johnny Angell, cafink, JohnMor and 3 others like this

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,565 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted June 20 2014 - 06:23 AM

I simply have to love your perspicacity and good-humored persistence.  

BTW, I would, too, Warners!

• ahollis likes this

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,841 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted June 20 2014 - 06:27 AM

On the surface, I understand why Warner is doing this. These titles either have anniversaries or are marquee, evergreen titles for them. And the way you finance the "smaller" titles. The more times you put them into the market, the more you sell (theoretically speaking). It's a financial thing. You're never going to sell as many Raintree County's as you will Forrest Gump or Gremlins.

That being said, come on. How many times has The Green Mile been on BD now? There was the digibook, the amaray case, the steelcase and now this. This is getting laughable.

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,493 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted June 20 2014 - 06:32 AM

Yeah, come on Warner, isn't it time for a new Archive announcement (or two).

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,841 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted June 20 2014 - 06:35 AM

Yeah, come on Warner, isn't it time for a new Archive announcement (or two).

They have a number of releases every single week. I haven't gotten to the podcast this week yet, but there were something like seven new titles released last week.

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,493 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted June 20 2014 - 07:02 AM

They have a number of releases every single week. I haven't gotten to the podcast this week yet, but there were something like seven new titles released last week.

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I meant Blu-ray Archive.

• Jason_V likes this

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,841 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted June 20 2014 - 07:13 AM

Ah, got it. They have some of those, but they aren't terribly prolific, IIRC.

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   Cremildo

Cremildo

Second Unit

• 258 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted June 20 2014 - 07:27 AM

Same old, same old.

Oh, well, people who like fancier stuff or who haven't purchased the previous editions should be happy, I guess.

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,026 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted June 20 2014 - 07:48 AM

I'm just going to go with my standard opinion on Warner brothers when it comes to these re-issues.

"Nope"

• Martin Henry likes this

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk

Supporting Actor

• 534 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted June 21 2014 - 06:20 PM

And the Director's Cut of "The Alamo", but only if there are lots of extras!

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 824 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 23 2014 - 05:45 PM

DVDactive has the covers for NBK and Gremlins, Gremlin's only has both front and back though. 

Not much to say for both covers, but at least on the back of Gremlins, they used part of the original poster.

gremfront.jpg gremback.jpg

nbk.jpg

#17 of 18 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,544 posts

Posted September 18 2014 - 08:02 PM

There has been a release date change for the first group of the new Diamond Luxe Editions from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

The previously announced street date (September 30) now pertains only to a Best Buy exclusive window; all other E-tailers and retailers will offer the titles beginning on December 9.

The first titles in this new sleek and elegant collector-style packaging are The Green Mile 15th Anniversary Edition, Natural Born Killers 20th Anniversary Edition, Forrest Gump 20th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition, Gremlins: 30th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition and Ben-Hur: Two-Disc Blu-ray with Bonus Special Features Disc. 

Ronald J Epstein

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,537 posts

Posted September 18 2014 - 09:21 PM

If Natural Born Killers contains both the theatrical and director's cuts, then maybe that bodes well for Amadeus someday.

"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users