Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Warner Bros. First New Diamond Luxe Editions Titles (Blu-ray)

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 of 67 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,247 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted June 25 2014 - 05:30 PM

Luxe means expensive and of high quality; luxurious.  WB trying to make something cheap present it as special.  Watch, how after these releases come out that WB won't continue this line.

Doesn't change that this made up word which is a shortened Deluxe, is dumb.
  • Everett Stallings likes this
facebook.com/whotony

#62 of 67 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 824 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 25 2014 - 05:43 PM

The bottom line is that this is WB making yet again another fast buck.

#63 of 67 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,624 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 09:51 AM

Okay, for the first time ever, I present to you all the new Warner titles together for preorder

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#64 of 67 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,078 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted June 26 2014 - 02:31 PM

I suppose my only question at this point is, why not The Shawshank Redemption?

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#65 of 67 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,624 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 02:33 PM

I suppose my only question at this point is, why not The Shawshank Redemption?

I agree that would be a great title to lead this campaign with.

Perhaps, if these sell well, that will be in the next wave.

Personally, I wish these reissues weren't successful so the studios concentrate

on releasing newer fare rather than just recycling the old.

• Jason_V likes this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#66 of 67 OFFLINE   Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,156 posts

Posted June 28 2014 - 12:52 AM

Kingpin is Paramount now? I know it's a Rysher title, and previous releases were via MGM

When Paramount acquired Cox Broadcasting, they inherited both the Bing Crosby Productions library of the '70's (WALKING TALL trilogy, REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD) and Rysher Entertainment's movie library (BIG NIGHT, HOUSE ARREST). Most of those titles got quiet reissues already, but I guess MGM had a longer license on KINGPIN which just finally expired and reverted to Paramount now.

"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#67 of 67 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 880 posts

Posted June 28 2014 - 02:37 PM

The Double Diamond Editions no doubt will be available next Fall 2015.  The only criteria is another reissue of a previously released titled.  The world and fans want multiple editions of the same titles!

Ken

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users