Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Warner Bros. First New Diamond Luxe Editions Titles (Blu-ray)

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 of 67 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,076 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 05:22 AM

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s Blu-ray™ Anniversary Editions with Special Features

The Green Mile at 15,

Natural Born Killers and Forrest Gump at 20, Gremlins at 30 and Ben-Hur at 55!

First New Diamond Luxe Editions Debut September 30

Burbank, Calif., June 20, 2014 – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced details of five new Blu-ray™ anniversary titles, the first to be released as the studio’s distinctive new sleek Diamond Luxe Editions: The Green Mile 15th Anniversary Edition, Natural Born Killers 20th Anniversary EditionForrest Gump 20th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition, Gremlins: 30th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition and Ben-Hur: Two-Disc Blu-ray with Bonus Special Features Disc.

The five titles ($24.98 SRP each) will have new and/or several vintage bonus features as outlined below.

The Green Mile 15th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray

Nominated for four Academy Awards® including Best Picture, Frank Darabont’s 
The Green Mile was adapted from Stephen King’s 1996 best-seller. The two-disc set will include vintage bonus features plus a new high-def documentary feature, Walking the Mile (Extended Version) with star Tom Hanks, Darabont, Stephen King and Mr. Jingles the mouse. This exclusive first-person making-of documentary feature was shot on location in Tennessee, North Carolina and Los Angeles.

Special Features:

[*]Walking the Mile (Extended Version) NEW! High-def documentary feature starring Tom Hanks, Frank Darabont, Stephen King, and Mr. Jingles, the mouse
    [*]Commentary by Frank Darabont
    [*]The Teaser Trailer: A Case Study
    [*]Walking the Mile: The Making of The Green Mile
    [*]Miracles and Mystery: Creating the Green Mile- Stephen King: Storyteller
    [*]Miracles and Mystery: Creating the Green Mile- The Art of Adaptation
    [*]Miracles and Mystery: Creating the Green Mile- Acting on the Mile
    [*]Miracles and Mystery: Creating the Green Mile- Designing the Mile
    [*]Miracles and Mystery: Creating the Green Mile- The Magic of the Mile
    [*]Miracles and Mystery: Creating the Green Mile- The Tail of Mr. Jingles
    [*]Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Frank Darabont
    [*]Michael Clarke Duncan's Screen Test
    [*]Tom Hank's Makeup Test
    [*]Teaser
    [*]Trailer
    [/list]

Natural Born Killers 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray

This 1994 Venice Film Festival winner captures Oliver’s Stone’s hallucinogenic ride through the minds and exploits of two cold-blooded lovers (Woody Harrelson and Juliette Lewis), and is a powerful, gut-grabbing look at how violence and crime are sensationalized and glamorized in the media.

This anniversary edition will contain two versions of the film (Theatrical version and Director’s Cut), and a new high-def featurette Natural Born Killers: Method in the Madness, a rare glimpse provided by director Stone, editor Hank Corwin and technical advisor Dale Dye into the creative process that gave birth to this provocative, unapologetically violent piece of American cinema.

Special Features:

·  Natural Born Killers: Method In The Madness NEW!  High-def featurette with Oliver Stone, editor Hank Corwin and technical advisor Dale Dye

·  Commentaries by Oliver Stone (Theatrical version and Director’s Cut)

·  Introduction by Oliver Stone (2009)

·  Natural Born Killers Evolution: How Would It All Go Down Now?

·  Chaos Rising: The Storm Around Natural Born Killers

·  "The Charlie Rose Show"

·  Alternate Ending With Optional Commentary by Oliver Stone

·  Alternate Ending

·  Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Oliver Stone.

·  Trailer

Forest Gump 20th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray

Forrest Gump is the movie triumph that became a phenomenon. Tom Hanks gives an astonishing performance as Forrest, an everyman whose simple innocence comes to embody a generation. The winner of six Academy Awards®[1], including Best Picture, Best Director (Robert Zemeckis) and Best Actor (Tom Hanks).

Special Features:

·  Greenbow Diary (HD)

·  The Art of Screenplay Adaptation (HD)

·  Little Forrest (HD)

·  An Evening with Forrest Gump (HD)

·  Easter Egg: Groom on Gump (HD)

·  The Make-up of Forrest Gump

·  Through the Ears of Forrest Gump – Sound Design

·  Building The World of Forrest Gump

·  Seeing is Believing – The Visual Effects of Forrest Gump

·  Screen Tests

·  Theatrical Trailer (HD)

·  Remember Trailer (HD)

Gremlins: 30th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray

Gremlins, written by Chris Columbus and directed by Joe Dante, is a wildly original roller-coaster about supposedly gentle furballs who create their own rules about their care and feeding. Michael Finnell produced and Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Steven Spielberg executive produced.

[*]Special Features:
      From Gizmo to Gremlins: Creating the Creatures (NEW!)
      Special effects wizard Chris Walas plus the filmmakers and cast guide us through the art of creating Gremlins Gizmo and Stripe, how the puppets worked (or didn’t!) and how their voices came to be.
      [*]Cute. Clever. Mischievous. Intelligent. Dangerous: Making Gremlins (NEW!) Steven Spielberg tells how he found the screenplay for Gremlins and why it was perfect for his then-new company Amblin Entertainment. Dante, Marshall and Finnell also participate.
      [*]Motion Comic of the 1984 Book "Gremlins: The Gift of the Mogwai" (NEW!)
      [*]Motion Comic of the 1984 Book "The Last Gremlin" (NEW!)
      [*]Hangin' With Hoyt on the Set of Gremlins (NEW!)
      [/list]

Ben-Hur: Two Disc Blu-ray with Bonus Special Features Disc

William Wyler’s unforgettable epic spectacle, full of visual splendor, thundering action and towering drama, won a record-setting 11 Academy Awards®[2] (1959) including Best Motion Picture, Best Actor and Best Director. Charlton Heston, in his Best Actor Oscar®-winning role, is Judah Ben-Hur, a Jewish nobleman in Palestine whose heroic odyssey includes enslavement by the Romans, vengeance against his tormentors during a furious arena chariot race and fateful encounters with Jesus Christ. Truly an enduring and spellbinding spectacular.

Special Features:

[*]Commentary by film historian T. Gene Hatcher and Charlton Heston
        [*]Feature Length Documentary: Charlton Heston & Ben-Hur: A Personal Journey - Retrospective on the Ben-Hur star, written and directed by his son Fraser C. Heston, featuring never-before-available images and footage from the Heston family archives
        [*]The 1925 Silent Version – Thames Television
        [*]Restoration with Stereophonic Orchestral Score by Carl Davis
        [*]Vintage Documentaries Ben-Hur: The Epic That Changed Cinema and Ben-Hur: The Making of an Epic
        [*]Ben-Hur: A Journey Through Pictures – Audiovisual Recreation Via Stills, Storyboards, Sketches, Music and Dialogue
        [*]Screen Tests
        [*]Highlights from the 1960 Academy Awards® Telecast
        [*]Newsreels
        [/list]

Note: All enhanced content listed above is subject to change.

Academy Awards® and Oscar® are both registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Blu-ray Disc™ and Blu-ray™ and the logos are the trademarks of Blu-ray Disc Association.

Warner Home Video Blu-ray Discs™ offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The format also provides a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees, as well as directly to consumers through WBShop.com and WBUltra.

Street Date: September 30, 2014

Order Due Date: August 26, 2014

Pricing: $24.98 SRP

The Green Mile 15th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray

Cat.#: 1000442861

Natural Born Killers 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray

Cat.# 1000484692

Forrest Gump 20th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray

Cat.#/ 1000516356

Gremlins: 30th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray

Cat.#: 1000484630

Ben-Hur: Two-Disc Blu-ray with Bonus Special Features Disc

Cat.#/UPC: 1000498012

Stream rare and hard-to-find movies and TV shows at Warner Archive Instant; purchase discs at Warner Archive Collection.  Even more at www.wbshop.com orwww.wbultra.com

[1] 1994 (67th)   ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE -- Tom Hanks

DIRECTING -- Robert Zemeckis

FILM EDITING -- Arthur Schmidt

BEST PICTURE -- Wendy Finerman, Steve Tisch and Steve Starkey, Producers

VISUAL EFFECTS -- Ken Ralston, George Murphy, Stephen Rosenbaum, Allen Hall

WRITING (Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published) -- Eric Roth

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 67 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,045 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 05:46 AM

Bravo for including both versions of Natural Born Killers.

#3 of 67 OFFLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 803 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted June 20 2014 - 07:24 AM

I see nothing new on Forrest Gump, sonindint get that, but I will get "Gremlins" and "Green Mile".
I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#4 of 67 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,537 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted June 20 2014 - 08:05 AM

POPULAR

Sigh.  Just more reissues.  :rolleyes:

#5 of 67 ONLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 871 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 08:56 AM

POPULAR

No way Warner! I would not spend another dime on these reissues. How about giving us some films we have not seen before?  How about--THE GREAT RACE---RYANS DAUGHTER--HEAVEN AND EARTH---FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD---LOCAL HERO---GOODBYE MR CHIPS---GOODBYE GIRL---MICHAEL COLLINS---PENNIES FROM HEAVEN--PACIFIC HEIGHTS. I have asked about these films at Warner archives and they say they have no plans to release them. 

#6 of 67 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,311 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted June 20 2014 - 09:00 AM

The 1925 silent version of "Ben-Hur" with Carl Davis' stereophonic score is included in this 2-disc reissue...THAT'S a new wrinkle...

#7 of 67 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,537 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 09:22 AM

POPULAR

The 1925 silent version of "Ben-Hur" with Carl Davis' stereophonic score is included in this 2-disc reissue...THAT'S a new wrinkle...

Not for those of us that had the boxset.

#8 of 67 ONLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 871 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 10:42 AM

Read the comments at bluray.com. They have nothing nice to say about Warner.

#9 of 67 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,076 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 10:46 AM

Trajan,

Why are you directing our members to another site to make a point that

their members don't have anything nice to say about Warner?

Very politely I ask, does it make any difference to any of us here what they 

say over there?

...and I am not sticking up for Warner.  I'm just wondering what difference

does it make what another forum thinks?

I'd rather be involved in what people here think, good or bad.

(I am being polite.  Trust me.  I know you meant well and I know what

you were attempting to illustrate)

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#10 of 67 OFFLINE   Yami

Yami

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 11:01 AM

[Insert complaint about Warner reissues here]. There's only one Warner re-release that I'd want: Goodfellas. Which I'd hazard a guess will be released in 2015.

#11 of 67 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 828 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 20 2014 - 11:25 AM

Disney will probably file a lawsuit against WB for the use of Diamond Edition. Second WHERE IS BEETLJUICE'S BELATED 25th ANNIVERSARY EDITION?

#12 of 67 OFFLINE   Jari K

Jari K

Producer

• 3,256 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 01:21 PM

Cool. I'm probably buying all of these, except Ben Hur (I have the box set).

#13 of 67 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 828 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 20 2014 - 02:13 PM

After this first wave comes out, I can see the next round as the following

An American In Paris 64th Anniversary

Signin' In The Rain 63rd Anniversary

Braveheart 20th Anniversary

Gigi 57th Anniversary

Casablanca 73rd Anniversary

#14 of 67 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,776 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 02:17 PM

When "Ben Hur" first came out on Blu, I passed on the single release because it didn't include the 1925 version, and I passed on the megabox because I didn't need the box 'o junk at whatever the price was just to get that extra.  So if I can now get both versions of Ben Hur on Blu for about $20, that sounds like a win.

Everything else... well... Warner does seem to be big on reissues.  I can't blame them for trying to make an extra buck, even if I have no need to repurchase the same transfer of a title I already have.  But the Ben Hur release containing both versions is maybe a positive sign.. perhaps they will re-issue some other formerly "box 'o junk" titles that had exclusive bonus discs with that bonus content but without the unwieldy packaging.  For instance, the "Scarlet Edition" of Gone With The Wind, which includes all of the box of junk disc features without the box, has been out of print for some time.  If they put a similar version out on this line, I'd probably pick it up.

#15 of 67 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 828 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 20 2014 - 02:23 PM

For instance, the "Scarlet Edition" of Gone With The Wind, which includes all of the box of junk disc features without the box, has been out of print for some time.  If they put a similar version out on this line, I'd probably pick it up.

GWTW is already getting a 75th Anniversary later this year, so you know there will be about at least 5 different releases besides the new box set.

#16 of 67 OFFLINE   moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Supporting Actor

• 575 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted June 20 2014 - 02:38 PM

The thing is that WB has remastered versions of many titles playing at film festivals and such, but the Blu-ray reissues don't contain the most recent remasterings. They are the same transfers as before.

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

#17 of 67 ONLINE   Eastmancolor

Eastmancolor

Stunt Coordinator

• 159 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 02:49 PM

POPULAR

I'm also through with buying titles over and over again.  Unless a reissue offers substantially improved picture quality over the initial Blu-ray release, it will be a pass for me.

Here's hoping they stop spinning their wheels on these reissues and concentrate on titles new to Blu-ray, while there's still a marketplace to do it.

What's it going to take to get the Val Lewton thrillers, Busby Berkeley musicals and the hundreds (if not thousands) of Warner Bros, RKO and pre-1986 MGM titles to Blu-ray?  A handful of classic releases a year just isn't cutting it.

#18 of 67 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 828 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 20 2014 - 03:55 PM

I'm also through with buying titles over and over again.  Unless a reissue offers substantially improved picture quality over the initial Blu-ray release, it will be a pass for me.

Here's hoping they stop spinning their wheels on these reissues and concentrate on titles new to Blu-ray, while there's still a marketplace to do it.

What's it going to take to get the Val Lewton thrillers, Busby Berkeley musicals and the hundreds (if not thousands) of Warner Bros, RKO and pre-1986 MGM titles to Blu-ray?  A handful of classic releases a year just isn't cutting it.

I think this might be obvious that WB dosen't know how to handle their massive libary, and it's time for them to give up a big chunk of it.

#19 of 67 OFFLINE   AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Screenwriter

• 1,088 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted June 20 2014 - 04:41 PM

Though it's a shame that so much recycling is going on (I'd much rather they lived up to their promise about the multi-versioin Blu ray of Show Boat, and if they brought out Fred and Ginger!) I will be grabbing the Ben Hur as I really like the silent version. Since I never bought the single-disc Ben Hur, it makes a good reason to dip in this time.

#20 of 67 OFFLINE   ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Screenwriter

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationHigh Country, Alberta, Canada

Posted June 20 2014 - 05:19 PM

...or how about the Thin Man series! Or their George Pal acquisitions from Paramount?

WB is awash in classic films just dribbling into their Blu-ray Archives*. 

* albeit handled nicely once they do get there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users