What's new

First confirmed specs of Apple's iWatch? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
http://daringfireball.net/linked/2014/06/20/wsj-apple-watches
Interesting, but it sounds to me like all of this information comes from the supply chain and manufacturing sources. None of these sources told the Journal anything that these devices actually, you know, do, other than “track health and fitness”. This is all really vague, other than the “multiple sizes” thing. Then the whole thing devolves into made-up speculation from “analysts”.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
To be honest, I kinda hope Apple doesn't release an iWatch this year, just to watch all the "analysts" and "people who are knowledgeable" go bonkers.

We've had four (?) years of it's-coming-this-year rumors about an Apple TV. Can't say the iWatch doesn't feel dissimilar...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I used one of the new Android Wear smartwatches, Samsung's Gear Live, for several hours Thursday, and my wrist hasn't stopped buzzing since I synced the device with my phone.
New email? Buzz. New text? Buzz. The thing won't shut up. I'm one of those guys who obsessively checks his phone, but this is too much for me. Plus Android Wear ties in with Google's digital assistant service Google Now, which attempts to help you out by notifying you about stuff it thinks you want to know about like upcoming flights or package deliveries.
So there are even more things to look at.
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:15px;]Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/android-wear-first-impressions-2014-6#ixzz35sEs0t00[/color]

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Dave,

This is being discussed ad nauseum in another thread.

The reviewer is not intelligent enough to go into apps settings and control
the notifications.

His watch is doing nothing more than his phone would be doing in his pocket.
Same alerts. Just going to the wrist instead of the phone -- and that is something
that a user can easily control.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks