What's new

General ramble of "whether or not it is DVD or BD...even God forbid VHS"... (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Wondering what the consensus is on "this idea"...

Is it possible to create another "banner" for something akin to "film itself" regardless of DVD, BD or even VHS?

There are numerous films out there that discussion can take place regardless of the format it being on. That way the BD and DVD sections can be "seconded" to talk about the discs of an individual movie itself.

Such as...

I started a thread on Keyhole(like Maddin films in general...but this one, even for him, is out there).

Just a thought...

We already have "Movies(Theatrical)"

Why not..."Movies(Home Video)"

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Schan,

We have a "Movies" forum area. Would that suffice?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The one there already says..."Theatrical".

Unless it is meant to encompass stuff that was only shown at Telluride in 2001...

Take Sharknado...

It could have discussions in darn near every category...

Except there is "no place" to discuss...just it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Schan,

My initial concern is if we put forth an entirely new forum area for movies that
are not currently in theatrical run -- a sort of "free for all" -- would anyone populate it?

I will bring this up in conversation, I promise, during our next owners meeting. If as a
group everyone decides it's a good idea we will try it.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Robert Crawford said:
Just remove Theatrical from Movies and replace it with General Film Discussion.
The other idea I just thought of...Like where you hover over BD and the subs "3D" and "a few words about" pop up.Change that to pop outs of theatrical and general...

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
We will talk about it. The way it was originally intended was if you were talking about the Blu-ray or the fact that a film was coming onto Blu-ray or you wanted it on Blu-ray, etc. that would go in the Blu-ray area. If you wanted to discuss how much you liked/hated or the specifics about a certain film and the fact that it had/had not been released on Blu-ray had nothing to do with the conversation, you could discuss that in the Movies area. Regardless of what we do there will be some overlap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks