– The LEGO Movie – 2014

– The Grand Budapest Hotel – 2014

– House of Cards – 2013) 

– Ernest & Celestine– 2012

– Picnic at Hanging Rock – 1975

– Joe – 2013

The Prices
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
13 Sins   $21.23
Adjust Your Tracking: The Untold Story of the VHS Collector   $17.98
Almost Human   $9.96
Alpha Alert   $22.93
The Attorney   $21.23
Breaking Through   $17.99
DC Universe: Son of Batman   $x.xx
Ernest & Celestine   $21.49
Escape, The   $19.98
A Fighting Man   $19.96
The Final Member   $27.95
Girl Trouble   $19.98
The Grand Budapest Hotel   $14.99 $14.99 $14.99
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season   $26.99 $26.99 $24.99
Invasion of the Scream Queens   $14.95
Joe   $12.99 $12.99 $12.99
Joy Ride 3: Road Kill   $12.96
Judex [Criterion Collection]   $22.98
The LEGO Movie   $x.xx $14.99 $14.99
The Machine   $9.96
Masterpiece Mystery!: The Escape Artist   $19.99
Night of the Cobra Woman 19.95
NOVA: Why Sharks Attack   $22.49
Power Rangers Megaforce: Ultra Defenders   $12.73
Red Shoe Diaries: Season One [Kino]  $27.98
Red Shoe Diaries: The Movie [Kino]  $26.95
Regular Show: The Complete Third Season   $x.xx
Sinbad: Make Me Wanna Holla   $14.44
Teen Wolf: Season Three Part 2   $19.96 $19.99
This is America, Charlie Brown   $x.xx
Walk of Shame   $12.99

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
13 Sins   $25.49
1939: Battle of Westerplatte   $10.98
Almost Human   $27.98
Beneath Hill 60   $10.98
Black Beauty [Blu-ray]   $x.xx
Ernest & Celestine    $28.70
The Final Member   $25.46
The Grand Budapest Hotel   $19.96 $19.99 $19.99
Hearts and Minds  [Dual Format Criterion Collection]  $33.96
Home Before Midnight   $21.21
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season   $39.99 $29.99 $29.99
House of Mortal Sin   $21.21
Joe   $16.99 $16.99 $16.99
Joy Ride 3: Road Kill   $17.96
Judex [Dual Format Criterion Collection]   $33.96
The LEGO Movie [Combo Pack]   $x.xx $17.99 $22.99
The LEGO Movie: Everything is Awesome Edition [3D Combo Pack]   $x.xx $34.99 $35.99
The Machine   $12.96
Masterpiece Mystery!: The Escape Artist   $25.49
The Monkey’s Paw   $17.97
Picnic at Hanging Rock [Dual Format Criterion Collection]   $33.96
Walk of Shame   $17.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Another week in which Amazon isn't listing prices for all new releases.. 

--Save $10 at Best Buy when you buy BOTH The LEGO Movie (Blu Combo OR 3-D Blu Combo Pack) AND the video game The LEGO Movie.

--Also save $10 at BB when you buy BOTH House of Cards: Season 2 (either format) AND House of Cards: S1 ($16.99 DVD/$19.99 Blu).

--The following recent releases are on sale this week at Best Buy (all DVD unless otherwise noted):

$14.99:  Downton Abbey: Season 1.

$26.99:  Downton Abbey: Season 4.

$44.99:  Doctor Who: Complete Series 7.

--Best Buy has a list of $4.99 Blu-rays this week:  Grease, No Country for Old Men, Boondock Saints, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, up to 35 additional titles from which to choose.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of The LEGO Movie on Blu-ray.  The EXCLUSIVE includes a "Meet the Characters" booklet.

--Target is also advertising a $10 SAVINGS when you buy BOTH The Lego Movie Blu-ray AND select LEGO sets or the video game of The LEGO Movie.. 

--Target has FREE MOVIE CASH to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 in theaters.  Buy select movies and get $7.50 theater cash to see How to Train Your Dragon 2.  Reemption code inside packaging.  Free offer quantities limited.  No rain checks.  Titles include Dragons: Riders of Berk - Part 1, Dragons: Riders of Berk: Part 2, Dragons: Defenders of Berk - Part 1 (all $11 DVDs) or How to Train Your Dragon ($13 DVD).

--Target also has FREE MOVIE CASH to see Transformers: Age of Extinction in theaters.  Buy select movies and get $8 theater cash to see Transformers: Age of Extinction.  Redemption Code inside packaging.  Free offer quantities limited.  No rain checks.  Titles include:  Transformers, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Blu-rays listed @ 15% off).

--Target Odds and Ends: 15% off the DVDs Sofia the First: Ready to Be a Princess, Sofia the First: Floating Palace.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Options on Lego 3D Everything is Awesome EditionWBSHOP 37.99 -- if you can find another item to bring your total to $50 then you can use retailme20he for 20% discount and free shippingColumbia House Club Members -- it's $26.97 with free shipping or if you have purchased anything recently they have re-instituted their Bonus points system so Max Discount if you have 20 Points is $6.97 + $2.99 Shipping

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Picnic at Hanging Rock. From B&N. In July.

The Grand Budapest Hotel I will borrow from my library now and wait for the inevitable Criterion edition.

The Lego movie I will borrow from my library. Period.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have only The Grand Budapest Hotel assigned to me for review from this week's list, but it hasn't arrived yet. Will be getting a jump start on some of next week's releases starting today.

I will get the LEGO 3D movie once the price is more reasonable.

Thanks for the prices, Mike.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Already have holds on both Lego Movie and Grand Budapest Hotel at the library. Adjust Your Tracking sounds like a fun documentary that I will hopefully catch on a free rental or Amazon Prime.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
David Norman said:
Options on Lego 3D Everything is Awesome EditionWBSHOP 37.99 -- if you can find another item to bring your total to $50 then you can use retailme20he for 20% discount and free shippingColumbia House Club Members -- it's $26.97 with free shipping or if you have purchased anything recently they have re-instituted their Bonus points system so Max Discount if you have 20 Points is $6.97 + $2.99 Shipping
Thanks for this information. I was able to cancel my Amazon pre-order (from before the spat with WB), add in Sorcerer to get it over 50 (Sorcerer was also cheaper than Amazon had it), to get a better deal on this.

I'm not a fan of companies putting the consumer in the middle of their contract negotiations and, as much of a fan of Amazon that I am, don't hold WB to blame for this one, Happy to order direct (though I would have expected better pricing given the issue with Amazon at the moment, but that's another story).

Thanks again.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The Lego Movie now available on Amazon(Sorry, can't do links from phone)DVD + UV $14.96Blu-Ray + UV $17.99BR + bonus 3D $34.96

sonomatom1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Martin
"Columbia House..." They're still in business after nearly 40 years? - still ripping off people with their tempting loss-leader items? Sad.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
David Weicker said:
Not sure what you mean. Essentially the same as Best Buy and lower than Target
I mean no one - not Amazon, not BB, not Target - should charge $34.99 for what amounts to one movie and two discs.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
sonomatom1 said:
"Columbia House..." They're still in business after nearly 40 years? - still ripping off people with their tempting loss-leader items? Sad.
Well, since January and rejoining CH I think I've gotten about 100 Blu's at an average discount of 77% off. I'm not unhappy with then. Lego 3D for $7 floats my current boat very nicely.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Anyone have an idea what Costco's price on Lego: The Movie is going to be? I have to swing by there in a couple of days and might save my buy until then.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Tony J Case said:
Anyone have an idea what Costco's price on Lego: The Movie is going to be? I have to swing by there in a couple of days and might save my buy until then.
Don't know for sure, but I've found they usually price-match the major retailers during release week. So I'd expect the regular blu combo pack to be $17.99 to $18.99.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
3D version is at Costco for $39.99 with an instant discount of $5.00, bringing it to $34.99 total.

Sorry, I forgot to check the regular version price.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Wow, I didn't know that Columbia was still around. . .and I'm a member!

I think they tend to have better deals now than when Blu was new.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks