Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Someone at Fox - please evaluate

Blu-ray Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#221 of 223 OFFLINE   ScottGros117

ScottGros117

Agent

• 43 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted October 27 2014 - 01:10 PM

Comparison between the old transfer (Itunes & German Blu-Ray) & the new transfer (Twilight Time and French Blu-Ray)

I gotta go with Nick on this one. German uniforms with blue buttons look awful.

The old transfer isn't perfect, but the new one has it's share of flaws too.

Posted Image

It's called The *Blue* Max, isn't it? [cue rimshot]

I'm not sure it's entirely fair to compare an iTunes upload to a BD.

I'm perfectly happy with the BD of The Blue Max.

I'd like to see more questions about whether or not Fox is going to continue releasing catalog than arguments over brown vs. blue.

#222 of 223 OFFLINE   haineshisway

haineshisway

Screenwriter

• 2,453 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted October 27 2014 - 01:15 PM

It's called The *Blue* Max, isn't it? [cue rimshot]

Color-wise the transfer could be better but it's not nearly as bad as The King and I or Carousel.

The blu-ish trend with Fox's transfers, however, is not disturbing at all in comparison to the fact that they *appear* to have discontinued the Studio Classics line and have released absolutely no new-to-blu vintage catalog since May or June. I hope they haven't given up and are just making adjustments to how their digital workflow is performed.

You know what, if you people cannot tell which cap has the correct skin tones then I just give up and leave you to your flat brown and completely incorrect preferences.  

#223 of 223 OFFLINE   ScottGros117

ScottGros117

Agent

• 43 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted October 27 2014 - 01:29 PM

You know what, if you people cannot tell which cap has the correct skin tones then I just give up and leave you to your flat brown and completely incorrect preferences.  

I'm just another Joe Blow on the internet who really doesn't know anything compared to you, so do feel free to correct me.

What I prefer color-wise is for the film to be as close to the original look as possible. If that's what the BD of The Blue Max is, then I am satisfied.

I'm not one of those people who champions the old brown look (as in the Desk Set DVD vs the BD, where the BD is clearly the winner in every way in my opinion).

Please read my corrected post above, the original was misguided and riddled with typos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users