What's new

HDMI Faceplate help (1 Viewer)

Stephen53

Auditioning
Real Name
Stephen
Hi All,

I am setting up a ceiling mount projector and want to use HDMI wallplates to avoid messy cords. I would like to use 2port HDMI faceplates but am unsure whether I need 1 or 2 HDMI cords running between the two faceplates? The distance between both faceplates is only 10M.

Cheers

Steve

Stephen53

Auditioning
Real Name
Stephen
Ok, I may have wrongly assumed that as I wanted 2 HDMI devices plugged into the projector I would need two HDMI ports at the projector & media centre end.How would the setup work with cat extenders (and what exactly are they)? If it's any help I am going straight from the xbox/Apple TV to amp with optical audio cords for sound.

Janna@AVX

Auditioning
Real Name
Janna
So that I am understanding correctly, You are wanting to use an HDMI Face plate at each end of the 10M HDMI?
Is this correct?
If so, then you better make sure you are using a really high quality HDMI. How long will the HDMI's be after the couplers on each end? More links in the chain more possibilities to break. HDMI & HDCP is a handshake between all devices in the line. Those devices include wallplates and couplers, which are another link that has to hold hands in order for everyone to play nice. Can you not just drill a hole in a wallplate and bring the HDMI through without the couplers?

Answered by:
Robert Lewis
President AV Excellence
www.myavx.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks