What's new

WHV Announcement: The NeverEnding Story 30th Anniversary -and- NeverEnding Story 2 (BD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

105924_large.jpg
105925_large.jpg

The NeverEnding Story 30th Anniversary Edition and The NeverEnding Story Chapter II 

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I'm not holding my breath, but I really hope the new Blu-ray includes the German cut of the first film.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
cafink said:
I'm not holding my breath, but I really hope the new Blu-ray includes the German cut of the first film.
Always wanted to see that, with the original score intact. Apparently, both films have been remastered.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
It was made in Germany, but shot in English for the international market.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I was very small when "NeverEnding Story" came out and it scared the crap out of me. The sequel came along when I was 9 or 10, and was very much more my speed.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Adam Gregorich said:
Would need new bonus features to buy....
Same here, and I wouldn't be surprised that if there are any it might some episodes from the animated series like they did with Beetlejuice's 20th Anniversary. I remember watching the this series on HBO along with The Wizard of Oz, The Worst Witch, and Encyclopedia.

209_1.jpg

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Stephen_J_H said:
They should've 2-packed these from the get go, as that's the only way they'll score decent numbers on the sequel.
I thought the same thing. The first might sell decently. The second? It'll be a $5 title within six months.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Worth said:
Always wanted to see that, with the original score intact. Apparently, both films have been remastered.

There's a German BD floating around that features the longer cut and alternate music. I believe it's region-free.

I never saw this coming. I'll gladly upgrade to this new version but it's sad that in 2014 it's considered shocking (by me, at least) when a major studio announces a reissue of a catalog title that has both a new transfer and new extras. Stuff gets reissued all the time but these days it's usually just a port of an older release with different artwork. The sequel, well, that's another "story". I can't imagine someone actually wanting that on Blu.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I've never seen The Neverending Story 3, but I've always meant to check it out just because it has a young, then-unknown Jack Black in it.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
This would be a great opportunity to include the German cut (along with the international version, of course).

However, was it ever finished in English? I know it was filmed in English, but was a final English sound mix ever made for the longer cut? I imagine not, or we probably would have seen it by now.

If they were going to present that cut in English, it might require some doing. Of course, I'd be happy if it were in German with English subtitles.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Is there anything particularly special about the German cut though outside of having the complete Doldinger score and generic white on black credits? As it stands, the international cut is THE movie as far as I am concerned.

Thomas Agermose

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas Agermose Jensen
The German version is 7 mins longer. It was released in Germany. Hoping this release contains both versions, but it probably will not.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Now available for preorder
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

</div> <div>

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks