Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Announcement: The NeverEnding Story 30th Anniversary -and- NeverEnding Story 2 (BD)

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 of 23 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,544 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 11:08 AM

105924_large.jpg 105925_large.jpg

The NeverEnding Story 30th Anniversary Edition and The NeverEnding Story Chapter II 

• cafink and moviebuff75 like this

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 23 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,074 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted June 10 2014 - 11:31 AM

They should've 2-packed these from the get go, as that's the only way they'll score decent numbers on the sequel.

• Adam Gregorich likes this
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#3 of 23 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,043 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 11:34 AM

I'm not holding my breath, but I really hope the new Blu-ray includes the German cut of the first film.

#4 of 23 ONLINE   Worth

Worth

Screenwriter

• 1,174 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 01:13 PM

I'm not holding my breath, but I really hope the new Blu-ray includes the German cut of the first film.

Always wanted to see that, with the original score intact. Apparently, both films have been remastered.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.

#5 of 23 OFFLINE   Adam_S

Adam_S

Producer

• 6,119 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 01:27 PM

wait, is this a dubbed film?

#6 of 23 ONLINE   Worth

Worth

Screenwriter

• 1,174 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 01:31 PM

It was made in Germany, but shot in English for the international market.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.

#7 of 23 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,883 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 10 2014 - 01:57 PM

I was very small when "NeverEnding Story" came out and it scared the crap out of me.  The sequel came along when I was 9 or 10, and was very much more my speed.  

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#8 of 23 OFFLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 769 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted June 10 2014 - 03:42 PM

Hopefully some bonus features, but from other Warners "anniversary" editions, it looks doubtful.
I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#9 of 23 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,915 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted June 10 2014 - 06:19 PM

Would need new bonus features to buy....

#10 of 23 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 824 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 10 2014 - 07:02 PM

Would need new bonus features to buy....

Same here, and I wouldn't be surprised that if there are any it might some episodes from the animated series like they did with Beetlejuice's 20th Anniversary. I remember watching the this series on HBO along with The Wizard of Oz, The Worst Witch, and Encyclopedia.

209_1.jpg

#11 of 23 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,841 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted June 10 2014 - 07:10 PM

They should've 2-packed these from the get go, as that's the only way they'll score decent numbers on the sequel.

I thought the same thing. The first might sell decently. The second? It'll be a $5 title within six months.

• Mark Walker likes this

#12 of 23 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,928 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted June 11 2014 - 04:51 AM

Always wanted to see that, with the original score intact. Apparently, both films have been remastered.

There's a German BD floating around that features the longer cut and alternate music. I believe it's region-free.

I never saw this coming. I'll gladly upgrade to this new version but it's sad that in 2014 it's considered shocking (by me, at least) when a major studio announces a reissue of a catalog title that has both a new transfer and new extras. Stuff gets reissued all the time but these days it's usually just a port of an older release with different artwork. The sequel, well, that's another "story". I can't imagine someone actually wanting that on Blu.

RIP Roberto Gomez Bolanos. 

#13 of 23 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 05:13 AM

Isn't there a third one, too?

#14 of 23 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,928 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted June 11 2014 - 07:18 AM

Isn't there a third one, too?

Yes but no one wants to acknowledge it exists :lol:

Come to think of it, I wish the second one didn't exist, either. They're both terrible IMO

RIP Roberto Gomez Bolanos. 

#15 of 23 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,043 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 07:51 AM

I've never seen The Neverending Story 3, but I've always meant to check it out just because it has a young, then-unknown Jack Black in it.

#16 of 23 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted June 11 2014 - 08:21 AM

Here are some comparisons between each version.

http://caps-a-holic....?hd_multiID=324

Also IMDB lists the differences here.

http://www.imdb.com/...ternateversions

Dutch version looks the best to me, the Warner Bros edition seems to have a slight contrast boost, you can see colours, cloud details and facial details are affected, i would imagine this is just a re-packaging job of what's already been released.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#17 of 23 OFFLINE   Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,537 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 02:56 PM

This would be a great opportunity to include the German cut (along with the international version, of course).

However, was it ever finished in English? I know it was filmed in English, but was a final English sound mix ever made for the longer cut? I imagine not, or we probably would have seen it by now.

If they were going to present that cut in English, it might require some doing. Of course, I'd be happy if it were in German with English subtitles.

"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

#18 of 23 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,167 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 06:28 PM

Is there anything particularly special about the German cut though outside of having the complete Doldinger score and generic white on black credits? As it stands, the international cut is THE movie as far as I am concerned.

• Thomas Agermose likes this

#19 of 23 OFFLINE   Thomas Agermose

Thomas Agermose

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 04:54 AM

The German version is 7 mins longer. It was released in Germany. Hoping this release contains both versions, but it probably will not.

#20 of 23 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,544 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 06:25 AM

Now available for preorder

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users