What's new

Dynasty Season 9 Announced (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dynasty-Season-9/19899

Well, it's near us finally. Now season One came out on April 19, 2005. Season 9 is scheduled for Sept 9, 2014. That means the dvds will have taken longer to come out as did the actual nine year series!

But--there's no mention of the Reunion mini or other Dynasty specials in this set. Does anyone think those will show up in another set? Should we start petitioning Paramount about those efforts now, not to mention the Colbys?

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
Great news ! I just got the Eighth Season in the mail and started watching it last night (the two part first and second episode). Wish they had included the "Last time on Dynasty" opening bumpers that recap the previous episodes (apparently the Region 2 releases has them included but their picture quality is not as good as the Region 1 release we received). Now I am really hoping that they release the 1991 Dynasty:The Reunion 4 hour miniseries that wrapped everything up and brought the series to a close. Then it will be complete (with the exception of The Colbys).

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
The Reunion and "The Colbys" haven't even been released in the UK (where the series came out much faster than in the States), so sadly I don't think they are going to release them, at least not in the foreseeable future.

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
classicmovieguy said:
The Reunion and "The Colbys" haven't even been released in the UK (where the series came out much faster than in the States), so sadly I don't think they are going to release them, at least not in the foreseeable future.
I wonder why they haven't been released in the UK? It would seem to only make sense that both are an extension of the series and fans would want to own them as well. If I am not mistaken, I think The Reunion miniseries was released on VHS in the UK years ago. Maybe they will be released here before the UK? (wishful thinking!)

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Even though I am not a fan of the show, I am happy for "Dynasty" fans.....they finally can complete this series on DVD. Now if we can just get Warner Brothers to complete my favorite 1980's night time soap......"Knots Landing"!!!! Come on Warner Brothers!!!! If "Dallas" and "Dynasty" have been completed on DVD so can "KNOTS LANDING" (and for that matter...."Falcon Crest" too!!!!)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
While I would buy Dynasty: The Reunion and both seasons of The Colby's, I don't hold out much hope for them to be released any time soon. If at all. Of the two, Dynasty: The Reunion would stand a much better chance of being released than The Colby's. At least in my opinion. The Colby's was a major disappointment both with Dynasty fans and in the ratings. While SoapNet did air the series, it really hasn't had much life after it got cancelled. I hope I'm wrong, since I've not seen all of The Colby's. I was just getting into it when SoapNet pulled it. I did see the final episode, however and will never forget the whole Fallon and the UFO thing. Too silly to be believed.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Ethan Riley said:
Shows far more obscure, lower rated and starless have appeared on DVD.
They might come out but again, I personally don't hold out much hope.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I liked season 9 back in its first-run broadcast, and thought it was a lot better than seasons 4 to 8. (I liked season 2 a lot).

I have largely held back on buying any of the Dynasty season sets, mainly due to the lackluster latter seasons and the ever-present possibility of the dvd releases being "stalled".

I haven't seen the reunion movies since their original first-run broadcasts. IIRC, I thought they were kinda crappy at the time.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Wonder what the likelihood is of a "complete series" dvd set being released at the end of this year or next year, which may or may not include the reunion movies.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
With season 9 being one of the better decent seasons being finally released, I may consider looking at buying the previous seasons.

As far as I'm concerned, I didn't see any point in buying seasons 3 to 8 with the ever-present "specter" of the dvd releases being "stalled" by CBS over the last 6-7 years. (In addition to seasons 4 to 8 being kinda lackluster overall).

If push comes to shove, I can probably do without the reunion movies and the two seasons of The Colbys if they're never released on dvd.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
For casual fans, the last few seasons of the show along with the reunion movie and 'The Colbys' were simply not that good. They don't compare to the show's best seasons. If you skip the last few releases and if the movie and Colbys and not put out then it's not the worst thing unless you're a completist.

I would fully expect a complete series set at this point - one that would include the reunion.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
It was probably "too little, too late" by the time season 9 came around.

Better quality writing wasn't going to save the show by then anyways, after several lackluster seasons.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
David Rain said:
For casual fans, the last few seasons of the show along with the reunion movie and 'The Colbys' were simply not that good. They don't compare to the show's best seasons.
What is everyone's favorite seasons?

I really liked season 2 a lot. Season 3 was ok.

I found seasons 4 to 8 gradually becoming lackluster and more forgettable as the years went on.

Suprisingly, I found season 9 to be decent.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I didn't like this show but I'll admit I was watching S9 back in the day simply because of the presence of Stephanie Beacham. She was probably the brightest spot that emerged from the entire history of the program.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Stephanie Beecham was the best thing about Season 9 for sure! I wonder if this season will be remastered I don't think 7 was and not sure about season 8 (the UK edition wasn't :-(

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Who knows...there was that article that implied Dynasty was coming to blu. I'm not holding my breath. It's taken us 8 years just to get the DVDs. The season one eps are flippers, but they're fine.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They have been showing The Colby's on the CBS Drama channel in the UK, that's a free to air satellite channel, the best thing about it is the epic movie quality music score over the opening titles, i haven't heard many TV music scores that are better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks