Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

These $5 Blu-rays are a killin' me, I tell 'ya!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 of 66 OFFLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,391 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted June 29 2014 - 04:29 PM

I was at Best Buy when they opened today and happened across the BOND standee. I don't own the Bond 50 set so I splurged all the Bonds up to a couple of the Brosnan titles since those are far easier to find cheaper copies of later on. I like owning these titles in their own cases. 5.00 a title is a great deal for sure. I've missed the Bond 50 deal of the day sales or it was bad timing.

Wow. Best Buy has most of the 007 films on blu ray on sale for $4.99 each this week...http://www.bestbuy.c...&nrp=99&seeAll=MGM isn't exactly Disney huh?

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#62 of 66 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,948 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 29 2014 - 06:06 PM

For anyone who has been following the discussion here, and wants in on the deal, Amazon has just matched the $5.99 price on the Blu of Cleopatra.

Click the other options to buy "New" if the $5.99 price isn't the one that comes up on the screen.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#63 of 66 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Producer

• 3,127 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 10:45 PM

For anyone who has been following the discussion here, and wants in on the deal, Amazon has just matched the $5.99 price on the Blu of Cleopatra.

Thanks Mike!  Just ordered a copy... another DVD to retire.

#64 of 66 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,310 posts

Posted June 30 2014 - 05:20 AM

I was at Best Buy when they opened today and happened across the BOND standee. I don't own the Bond 50 set so I splurged all the Bonds up to a couple of the Brosnan titles since those are far easier to find cheaper copies of later on. I like owning these titles in their own cases.5.00 a title is a great deal for sure. I've missed the Bond 50 deal of the day sales or it was bad timing. 

Nice work! I have the Bond 50 set, but I do appreciate having the films in their own cases too. It's one of the things that I have missed with the box set packaging. Not a huge deal, but still..

I see that most of the titles are now on backorder online. Good to know that the titles are available in store too.

#65 of 66 OFFLINE   Dr Griffin

Dr Griffin

Screenwriter

• 1,052 posts
  • LocationThe wilds of Pennsylvania

Posted January 31 2015 - 08:33 PM

I finally picked up Hang 'em High for just under $5. The transfer seems to be the bare minimum, but most of the movie looks OK, but the film definitely needed more digital clean up at least. It reminded me that this situation is now the norm, with most catalog titles looking "acceptable", and the pristine restored transfers are the exceptions.

#66 of 66 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,310 posts

Posted February 01 2015 - 03:04 AM

I picked up sky captain and the world of tomorrow on blu Ray. I have it on DVD but the price was right to upgrade and I had a gift card. I also picked up the fugitive 20th anniversary blu Ray for $7.50. The original release of that title was $5 as well but I wanted the better transfer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users