Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Audrey Hepburn Blu-ray Collection

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 of 46 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,620 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 05:47 AM

g2UQoyq.jpg

AUDREY HEPBURN

BLU-RAY™ COLLECTION

Three of the Award Winner’s Most Noted Films in 
One Blu-ray Collection for the First Time

Sabrina ~ Funny Face ~ Breakfast at Tiffany’s

From Warner Bros. Home Entertainment September 30

Burbank, Calif. June 9, 2014 – Oscar®-winning actress, fashion icon, and philanthropist 
Audrey Hepburn was a talented performer known for her beauty, elegance and grace. Often imitated, she remains an indelible symbol of Hollywood glamour.

On September 30, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will remember Hepburn with the debut of a Blu-ray collection containing three of her most endearing films – Funny FaceSabrina, and Breakfast at Tiffany’s. The latter two account for two of her five Best Actress Academy Award® nominations[1]. The other Best Actress nominations were Wait Until DarkThe Nun's Story, and Roman Holiday, for which she took home the statue. She was also honored posthumously by the Academy with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award in 1993.

About Audrey Hepburn[2]

Born in 1929 in Brussels, Ms. Hepburn spent part of her youth at an English boarding school and studied at The Netherlands’ Arnhem Conservatory. After World War II, she studied ballet in Amsterdam and London and made her stage debut in 1948 in the chorus of High Button Shoes. Additional small parts on the British stage were followed by appearances in English films, including the Alec Guinness classic The Lavender Hill Mob. Soon after, she came to America to take on the title role in the Broadway production Gigi and her career took off.

Ms. Hepburn is one of the few actresses to win the four major performance awards -- the above mentioned Academy Award for Roman Holiday, an Emmy® (1993; Outstanding Individual Achievement - Informational Programming Gardens of the World; episode "Flower Gardens"); and Tony Award® (1954; “Ondine,” Best Actress in a Play). She also is the recipient of a Grammy (1994; Deborah Raffin, Michael Viner, producers & Audrey Hepburn for “Audrey Hepburn's Enchanted Tales”).

Hepburn’s other popular films include War and Peace, The Children’s Hour, The Unforgiven, Charade, My Fair Lady, Two for the Road,and They All Laughed.

In her later years, acting took a back seat to Hepburn’s charity work. She became a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF in the late 1980s, traveling the world on humanitarian missions to raise awareness about children in need.

About the Films

Sabrina (1954)

Sabrina is charming, humorous and aglow with some of Hollywood's greatest stars. Humphrey Bogart, William Holden and Audrey Hepburn star in a Cinderella story directed by renowned filmmaker Billy Wilder (Sunset Boulevard, Some Like It Hot). Bogie and Holden are the mega-rich Larrabee brothers of Long Island. Bogie's all work, Holden's all playboy. But when Sabrina, daughter of the family's chauffeur, returns from Paris all grown up and glamorous, the stage is set for some family fireworks as the brothers fall under the spell of Hepburn's delightful charms.

Special Features:

• Audrey Hepburn: Fashion Icon
  • Sabrina's World
  • Supporting Sabrina
  • William Holden: The Paramount Years
  • Audrey Hepburn: In Her Own Words
  • Behind the Gates: Camera
  • Paramount in the '50s

Funny Face (1957)

In the Academy Award-nominated classic, Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire join forces, lending their song and dance talents to the timeless musical. When a fashion magazine mogul (Kay Thompson) and her head photographer, Dick Avery (Astaire) scout out a bookstore for their next photo shoot, Dick discovers the unique face of bookseller and amateur philosopher Jo Stockton (Audrey). Whisked off to Paris, Jo is soon transformed into a global supermodel…and finds herself falling for the photographer who first notices her sunny, funny face. 

Special Features:

• Trailer
  • Paramount in The 50's
  • Photo Gallery

Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961)

Holly Golightly (Hepburn) delights audiences as the carefree ingénue searching Manhattan for dream millionaire to marry. George Peppard plays the struggling, “sponsored” young writer who gets swept away in Holly’s chaotic-yet-enchanting lifestyle. Directed by Blake Edwards (The Pink Panther, Victor/Victoria), this two-time Oscar-winning film features Henry Mancini’s honored score, as well as his and Johnny Mercer’s Academy Award-winning song, “Moon River.”

Special Features:

• A Golightly Gathering
  • Henry Mancini: More Than Music
  • Mr. Yunioshi: An Asian Perspective
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's The Making of a Classic
  • It's So Audrey! A Style Icon
  • Behind the Gates: The Tour
  • Brilliance in a Blue Box
  • Audrey's Letter to Tiffany
  • Galleries
  • Theatrical Trailer

Audrey Hepburn Blu-ray Collection

Street Date: September 30, 2014

Order Due Date: August 26, 2014

Pricing: $29.99 SRP

Cat.#/UPC: 1000490544/ 883929413447

Note: All enhanced content and premiums listed above is subject to change.

Academy Awards® and Oscar® are both registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

EMMY ® is the registered trademark of the ATAS/NATAS.

Tony Award® is a registered trademark of The American Theatre Wing

Stream rare and hard-to-find movies and TV shows at Warner Archive Instant; purchase discs at Warner Archive Collection. Even more at www.wbshop.comor www.wbultra.com

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 46 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,626 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted June 09 2014 - 07:04 AM

POPULAR

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Since I haven't yet purchased Funny Face or Sabrina, why couldn't they have mastered Roman Holiday for Blu-ray and made THAT the set.

Well, those who already have the first two would complain they'd have to rebuy them again to get Roman Holiday. I guess nobody wins in this scenario. But I will have those two films in some way, shape, or form on Blu-ray.

• Mark Walker, Escapay, FoxyMulder and 1 other like this

#3 of 46 OFFLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 775 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted June 09 2014 - 08:22 AM

POPULAR

NO ROMAN HOLIDAY?! Grrrr
  • Escapay, FoxyMulder and Jack K like this
I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#4 of 46 OFFLINE   Mark VH

Mark VH

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 09:28 AM

SRP on this is awesome. I didn't buy Funny Face or Sabrina, and both are currently around $17 on Amazon apiece, so this is a steal as you essentially get those two and Breakfast at Tiffany's for $10 a pop (or less).

#5 of 46 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 824 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 09 2014 - 11:40 AM

POPULAR

This is just another rehash of the already countless released Audrey Paramount films collections. WB, WERE IS WAIT UNTIL DARK?

• Mark Cappelletty, Osato and FoxyMulder like this

#6 of 46 OFFLINE   atfree

atfree

Screenwriter

• 1,143 posts
  • LocationBoiling Springs, South Carolina

Posted June 09 2014 - 12:10 PM

Already have the UK region free release

Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.  Roger Thornhill (Cary Grant), Hitchcock's North By Northwest (1959)

My Blu-Ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...on.php?u=153595

My modest setup: TV- Panny TC-P46ST30; HT- Panny SC-BTT370 Blu-ray Home Theater System; Satellite: Directv HR24 HD-DVR; Gaming: Sony PS3

#7 of 46 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,626 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted June 09 2014 - 12:37 PM

This is just another rehash of the already countless released Audrey Paramount films collections. WB, WERE IS WAIT UNTIL DARK?

And The Nun's Story?

• MatthewA and Will Krupp like this

#8 of 46 OFFLINE   Will Krupp

Will Krupp

Screenwriter

• 1,122 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 12:38 PM

POPULAR

Am I the only Audrey Hepburn fan who hates BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S?

• Osato, Danny Burk and AnthonyClarke like this

#9 of 46 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted June 09 2014 - 12:44 PM

Yes. :D

• Everett Stallings and Will Krupp like this

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#10 of 46 OFFLINE   Mark VH

Mark VH

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hate is a strong word for it, but I'm not a fan either.

• Osato likes this

#11 of 46 OFFLINE   Will Krupp

Will Krupp

Screenwriter

• 1,122 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 12:52 PM

Yes. :D

smartass!  :P

• FoxyMulder likes this

#12 of 46 OFFLINE   bujaki

bujaki

Supporting Actor

• 906 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted June 09 2014 - 01:02 PM

How can you hate a movie where the main character is Cat?

#13 of 46 OFFLINE   Will Krupp

Will Krupp

Screenwriter

• 1,122 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 01:22 PM

I dunno I just do.  Something about the whole thing rubs me the wrong way (though Cat is the best part!)

• ahollis likes this

#14 of 46 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted June 09 2014 - 01:25 PM

That scene at the end always gets me, so emotional, that's probably because i own a cat and i like rain.

My cat wants me to buy Shadow of the Cat, i just don't want to give it any bad idea's so i have resisted all of it's putting her head on my shoulder and purring attempts to make me crumble, instead i let it watch Cats & Dogs again, it's not happy cos the cats keep losing to those pesky dogs, i think if they make a Cats & Dogs 3 they need to make the dogs the bad guys this time around.

• Will Krupp likes this

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#15 of 46 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 01:47 PM

^ Foxy, take a look at the most prominently-displayed cartoon at the link below.  I think you'll smile.

https://www.google.c....com%2F;770;600

• FoxyMulder likes this

#16 of 46 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted June 09 2014 - 01:59 PM

^ Foxy, take a look at the most prominently-displayed cartoon at the link below.  I think you'll smile.

Yeah that's funny.

On a more serious note i remember reading about that dog attack and then watching the video, pretty amazing cat, i was a bit sad though that the dog which was in reality just a puppy was being destroyed rather than being re-trained and given to more responsible owners, i don't like such a young dog which has the potential through training to become better ending up dead.

I like this one too.

godzillacat.jpg

• Dave B Ferris and AshJW like this

#17 of 46 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,891 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 09 2014 - 02:04 PM

Cheaper to buy this than get "Funny Face" and "Sabrina" individually - I may jump for this. 

• Everett Stallings likes this

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#18 of 46 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 824 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted June 09 2014 - 02:21 PM

Cheaper to buy this than get "Funny Face" and "Sabrina" individually - I may jump for this. 

I wouldn't buy this just for Funny Face as WB droped pratically all the of the special features from the Centennial Collection. 

#19 of 46 OFFLINE   AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Screenwriter

• 1,047 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted June 09 2014 - 03:29 PM

No.

• Will Krupp likes this

#20 of 46 OFFLINE   Mark Walker

Mark Walker

Screenwriter

• 2,619 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 03:37 PM

Already have the UK region free release

Unfortunately, so did I.  The Sabrina in that UK set in significantly inferior to the US release and the wrong AR.

Good Will got mine and I repurchased.

Paramount, please release DRAGONSLAYER on Blu-ray

Dragonslayer_1981HTF_zps4e370848.jpg

Vermithrax Pejorative deserves to be seen in high-def.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users